Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
veteran
veteran
Day & Night Cycle !
Shove as a action !

Yes, I'm stuck in my EA complaints !

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
A
old hand
old hand
A
Originally Posted by Ecc2ca
HOWEVER, I think that the romances existing in the game deserve to be fully fleshed out and justice done to the characters. I’m invested in their stories and their fates, particularly if a character has become close to my character. So I’m happy to see changes to existing romances that improve them, or increase the immersion. New kiss animations are one small thing that increase the immersion, and I will certainly enjoy them. (Cuddling at camp would be really cute, too, but there are heaps of other things I would rather they do first.)

(...)

I do want to see a deepening of what’s already in the game, especially in act 3, and that includes companion reactivity, camp scenes, romances, and sooo many of the quests that just feel unfinished and fall FLAT. (I’m obsessed with how bad I think the good Durge ending is…)

I’m looking for depth, not frivolity. So in that sense, we agree. There’s a massive need for more depth in act 3’s storytelling, in many areas. That is my #1 problem with the game.

I would like to second that sentiment. I read far to many opinions about romances in general being frivolous or shallow content, while the way the game is structured - with a romance > friendship mindset - your romance is the deepest connection you have with any companion. This sentiment might be stronger in some romances than in others, but it simply passing off all romance content as irrelevant or unimportant to storytelling, simply on the basis of it being classified as romance, seems very shallow criticism.

I'd love to see Act 3 more fleshed out and I would also loved to see the Origins in general be more fleshed out. Do I dare to hope for such massive changes in the next patch? Maybe not. I am not that optimistic. ^^

B
stranger
stranger
B
On top of the fixes I want to see the honour mode changes applied to Tactician and below since it's weird having 4 difficulties and Honour mode changes so many mechanics like Lockadin going from 3 attacks on Tactician down to 2.

veteran
veteran
I would like act 3 a bit more polished, but I guess, that will be a bit more rework. But at least, make Omeluum available as your mindflayer companion at the end, if you saved him. And maybe explain a bit more, how two mortals just stroll into Cania, take the most infamous artefact in existence from under Mephistopheles nose and just stroll out again - that one is a bit of a pet peeve of mine.

I also want the artificer class implemented - I mean, one of the Chosen is clearly an artificer (Gortash), the iron Hand and teh Gondians are all artificers - they implemented the gith, because they are story relevant, but not the artificer class, who plays such an important role in all of act 3.

ANd a transmog feature would be nice.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
They said they were working on a camera mode, so I am most excited for that.

I actually would also like a better way to organize my inventory. Right now I store books, scrolls, food, potions, ingredients, main quest items, arrows all in separate backpacks, but I swear if you have too many different types of loot, it really does look like a candy crush board. X_X

Last edited by Lillith; 05/02/24 03:11 PM.
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Maximuuus
Day & Night Cycle !
Shove as a action !

Same her! Totally with you! BTW thx for your Visible Shields Mod. approvegauntlet

I hope they actually fix a lot of bugs and don't just add these romantic cosmetic gimmicks. I'm worried about reaching Act 3 in the future. I've heard it so many times and have no doubt about the reports of an unfinished work.... Also, I'm still running into EA bugs and inconsistencies in the Act 1. So far, this hasn't motivated me much to continue playing beyond Act 1.

So many bug reports from myself and others are unresolved since EA. For example, the Cap of Curing completely changes the hairstyle when worn. And that's just one example of many long-standing bug reports. I am even tired of making bug reports bcs no reactions...

BTW: I hope with Patch 6 we also get the new forum or I swear I will spam Larian with reports about GATEWAY TIMEOUTS! crazy

B
stranger
stranger
B
Originally Posted by Lotus Noctus
Originally Posted by Maximuuus
Day & Night Cycle !
Shove as a action !

Same her! Totally with you! BTW thx for your Visible Shields Mod. approvegauntlet

I hope they actually fix a lot of bugs and don't just add these romantic cosmetic gimmicks. I'm worried about reaching Act 3 in the future. I've heard it so many times and have no doubt about the reports of an unfinished work.... Also, I'm still running into EA bugs and inconsistencies in the Act 1. So far, this hasn't motivated me much to continue playing beyond Act 1.

So many bug reports from myself and others are unresolved since EA. For example, the Cap of Curing completely changes the hairstyle when worn. And that's just one example of many long-standing bug reports. I am even tired of making bug reports bcs no reactions...

BTW: I hope with Patch 6 we also get the new forum or I swear I will spam Larian with reports about GATEWAY TIMEOUTS! crazy

Yes! No more romantic cosmetic gimmicks!

I've put in several bug reports for a few months as well including several different ways to empty inventory off of merchants and resurrecting dead children and using them to solo most of Act 1. I barely have experience with Larian's games, but this game is pretty unstable. Also just a lot of performance issues and overall a somewhat bad engine comparable to Creation Engine.

addict
addict
A penguin.

apprentice
apprentice
Minthara tent!

apprentice
apprentice
Transmog first and foremost, then NewGame+ a close second. I think the two would compliment each other quite well.

Everything else after those two would be gravy.
Picking a diety as a Pally would be cool.
Gear that increased your WIS would be nice, its the only stat that docent have one.
Minor tweeks/buffs to less represented classes/subclasses.

Ecc2ca Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Originally Posted by Paen
Gear that increased your WIS would be nice, its the only stat that docent have one.

Actually you find an amulet in Act 3.
It’s under Jaheira’s house and it increases your wisdom by 1. However it was a gift from her husband, and she has some emotional dialogue, so it feels weird for anyone other than her to wear it.

I also hope very much that they fix the issue of some main character voices not saying Dark Urge lines when you switch to them, when playing as Durge. Especially the female-coded Voice 8. Lines like “All is ash and meat,” “I have such a headache,” etc. You just get generic Tav lines as is. After reporting this a few months ago, they said that they were aware and were working on it.

I just want the toolset Swen promised.

apprentice
apprentice
I'd be lying if I said I didn't want cosmetic romance stuff, but bugfixes most of all please. Seeing plenty of dialogue bugs, Shart's "Kiss me like you hate me" kiss animation is gone, epilogues can be kind of messy too. My wishlist:

More equipment (weapons, armour, etc.)
A new face or two for each race.
The above two have examples already in the game files (I see NPCs using stuff we don't have access to which would be nice to have)
Improvement to the inventory UI.
Being able to share a bedroll with your LI once the romance is locked in (visible during the sort sleeping' scene that plays at camp).
Sound effect/foley improvement. In a lot of instances this seems to be completely missing in some cutscenes, for example the Steel Watcher that processes you at Wyrm's Crossing is silent other than voice, yet it has gears and metal plates whirring away (I hope this isn't just me?)
Scabbards for weapons and can Wyll please stop stowing his Rapier on his back.

Last edited by alienspacebats; 07/02/24 11:45 PM.
Ecc2ca Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Originally Posted by alienspacebats
I'd be lying if I said I didn't want cosmetic romance stuff, but bugfixes most of all please. Seeing plenty of dialogue bugs, Shart's "Kiss me like you hate me" kiss animation is gone, epilogues can be kind of messy too.

YES it was gone after Patch 4 and I was horrified!! (The Grymforge Cleric of Selune Shadowheart kiss I mean.) They messed with the kiss animations without remembering that they put one there apparently. I was super disappointed since my go-to is a bard Cleric of Selune (so fun). I have a save file right before that to check if they’ve fixed it.

Last edited by Ecc2ca; 08/02/24 12:36 AM.
Ecc2ca Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand

I think that the tieflings in particular desperately need new faces added because we see so many of them. Whenever I try to make a tiefling character, I’m like, “Wait that’s Alfira, that’s Lakrissa, that’s Bex, that’s ELLYKA, can I get an original face please??” Same for male tieflings I’m sure.

Last edited by Ecc2ca; 08/02/24 12:34 AM.
apprentice
apprentice
I'd be lying if I said I didn't want cosmetic romance stuff, but bugfixes most of all please. Seeing plenty of dialogue bugs, Shart's "Kiss me like you hate me" kiss animation is gone, epilogues can be kind of messy too.

YES it was gone after Patch 4 and I was horrified!! (The Grymforge Cleric of Selune Shadowheart kiss I mean.) They messed with the kiss animations without remembering that they put one there apparently. I was super disappointed since my go-to is a bard Cleric of Selune (so fun). I have a save file right before that to check if they’ve fixed it.

I only started a Cleric of Selune playthrough this week after hearing about the unique dialogues (I've been doing Warlock runs for months), but that section being missing was so disappointing it nearly took the wind out of my sails - really considering shelving that playthrough until the patch arrives. I also have a save queued up right before initiating that interaction to see if it gets fixed as well(!)

I think that the tieflings in particular desperately need new faces added because we see so many of them. Whenever I try to make a tiefling character, I’m like, “Wait that’s Alfira, that’s Lakrissa, that’s Bex, that’s ELLYKA, can I get an original face please??” Same for male tieflings I’m sure.

Yeah, it kind of hurts roleplaying when you meet a character and they're sharing your face. To the game's credit you can do a lot with flesh tones, makeup and eye colour but I wonder how feasible it is to allow races to use heads from other races. I'd love to have some of the half-elf faces on a human, or a human face on a Tiefling and vice versa - for example I'm positive there's an NPC in the lower city using a human [female 1] face but is elven.

Well, I hope they finally fix and add something to Minthara. It's been 6 months :'c

Minthara bug list, updated for Hotfix #22.
old hand
old hand
Waukeen as a selectable deity with appropriate dialogue and references to her Abyss sojourn and ofc a mix of her Knowledge & Trickery domains resulting from it.

EDIT: Forge domain for clerics and the Tidal Wave spell.

Last edited by Lotus Noctus; 08/02/24 03:44 PM.
M
journeyman
journeyman
M
Act 3 feels unfinished because compared to act 1, the companions are quite silent, especially after finishing their personal quests and getting the lovely romance scene afterwards plus the dialogue with them at the end of their quest. After finishing these things, it's like the companions don't exist.

Act 3 has many great quests and epic fights, so you can't say the storytelling in that regard is lacking. What is lacking in act 3 is satisfying endings to personal stories that feel long-lasting throughout the act.

As an Astarion enjoyer, it feels so empty for him to go from my best friend and lover in act 1 and act 2, to just there after finishing his story. Ascended Astarion does get a bit more dialogue with his romance partner, but spawn Astarion is lacking. The graveyard scene is epic, but after that he is just radio silent, minus the really cool Araj scene. I think this can be made to feel less bad, even for all companions and romances, if there were more camp interactions that felt like the companions are still involved and that the romance has progressed.

apprentice
apprentice
Actually you find an amulet in Act 3.

Right, sorry I was talking more like Set WIS to 22 or something like that, maybe a ring in the house of hope with Raphael's other treasures.

Another thing I'd love to see is the Devil/Firey eyes from Tieflings/Dragonborn glow on other races.

Oh! and one more, very specific, thing that would be sweet! As a Cleric, have the cantrip you pick from Spell Sniper counted as a "Cleric Cantrip" because Potent Spellcasting is terrible as is.

Last edited by Paen; 09/02/24 03:56 PM.
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard