Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
stranger
stranger
You guys are seriously having the whole Halsin/SH/Twins/Brothel hate and argument again on this thread?.......

A
A
I'm sorry but the promo leading up to this patch was terrible and turned me off from the game so much. Posting one kiss would have been fine, but promoting Patch 6 with kisses while the game still issues like the Gauntlet of Shar bug is just too much.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Ecc2ca
Originally Posted by Anska
They’ve been teasing the new patch relentlessly for the past few days, so I’m really hoping that they’ll drop it today. They’ve been dropping teaser kiss animations that must be for the evil path. Or at least I hope they are. And it’s nice that they’ve been highlighting some of the popular queer ships. Eagerly awaiting patch notes.

I might eat my words in a few moments, but I don't think so. It is getting a bit late for a patch to drop. As for the teasers, of course if an animation with a degrading component is shown, it's Gale who is put down, as always.

Whew, that would be a little disappointing if they played up a romance patch around Valentine’s Day, and then didn’t drop it until after Valentine’s Day. Oh well, I’ll live I suppose.

I saw the Gale and Astarion animation, yeah. I see what you mean about Gale being the one who’s degraded. The kiss appears to be receiving a mostly positive reception, though… Hopefully that’s ascended Astarion like most people think. I did not like the Shadowheart one honestly. But I’m hoping that it is the Dark Justiciar version. It gives off those vibes.

On twitter they said that it's delayed because they want the Apple patch to drop at the same time. Which is annoying.

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by KillerRabbit
Originally Posted by Anska
They’ve been teasing the new patch relentlessly for the past few days, so I’m really hoping that they’ll drop it today. They’ve been dropping teaser kiss animations that must be for the evil path. Or at least I hope they are. And it’s nice that they’ve been highlighting some of the popular queer ships. Eagerly awaiting patch notes.

I might eat my words in a few moments, but I don't think so. It is getting a bit late for a patch to drop. As for the teasers, of course if an animation with a degrading component is shown, it's Gale who is put down, as always.

Whew, that would be a little disappointing if they played up a romance patch around Valentine’s Day, and then didn’t drop it until after Valentine’s Day. Oh well, I’ll live I suppose.

I saw the Gale and Astarion animation, yeah. I see what you mean about Gale being the one who’s degraded. The kiss appears to be receiving a mostly positive reception, though… Hopefully that’s ascended Astarion like most people think. I did not like the Shadowheart one honestly. But I’m hoping that it is the Dark Justiciar version. It gives off those vibes.

On twitter they said that it's delayed because they want the Apple patch to drop at the same time. Which is annoying.

Great... So that could be weeks from now?

veteran
veteran
Could be:

We're sorry you'll have to wait a little longer! *sad face emoji*

We're continuing to work on bringing future updates to Mac alongside PC versions, and truly appreciate your patience *prayer hands emoji*

(the forum freaks out when you use emojis from other sources)

stranger
stranger
I can't find this on Larian's or BG3's Twitter. Where on Twitter are you seeing this?

veteran
veteran

stranger
stranger
Strange that it's posted there and not on Twitter... I never even heard of that website. I'm not sure I trust that information.

veteran
veteran
I no longer log into twitter directly I just use nitter. Nitter is just open source project that allows you view twitter without logging in.

It's a good practice to avoid clicking on links you don't trust smile Have you tried clicking on the "replies" tab in twitter and scrolling down to the reply to @AllyVict ?

Originally Posted by Blackheifer
Originally Posted by ThatDarnOwl
Personally I'm just worried that Larian has cancelled their promised mod tools given they were promised to come out after the PS5 version and it's been 5 months since then.

I am holding out hope that they will show up in the next few patches or Larian just comes out and says "hey we decided not to do Steam workshop or mod tools"

I mean, bug fixes are great, and fixing actions is very important but I could not care less about companions smooching or other superficial nonsense that we don't really do in multiplayer anyway.
I doubt they're going to cancel it outright. I just want them to reassure us it's still coming. It's getting very anxiety inducing waiting especially since they promised it would launch 5 months ago.

stranger
stranger
I no longer log into twitter directly I just use nitter. Nitter is just open source project that allows you view twitter without logging in.

It's a good practice to avoid clicking on links you don't trust smile Have you tried clicking on the "replies" tab in twitter and scrolling down to the reply to @AllyVict ?

I can't find that no. Since they made an official announcement stating that patch 6 is coming out this week, I'd like to think that they'd make an official announcement that patch 6 will be delayed until it drops for Mac users instead of announcing that in a burried reply somewhere...

Originally Posted by Nightingale1
Great... So that could be weeks from now?

That's painful if it's true. I was looking forward to play over the weekend.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Z
apprentice
apprentice
Z
The post seems like it's apologizing for Mac users having to wait longer for the patch, not that the entire patch is being delayed. They already announced that the Mac version would be released later than the others.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Nightingale1

I can't find that no. Since they made an official announcement stating that patch 6 is coming out this week, I'd like to think that they'd make an official announcement that patch 6 will be delayed until it drops for Mac users instead of announcing that in a burried reply somewhere...

https://twitter.com/baldursgate3/status/1757449773672550879

Perhaps this only means that it's delayed for Mac folk? But that doesn't explain why it hasn't dropped yet . . .

Last edited by KillerRabbit; 14/02/24 10:50 PM.
apprentice
apprentice
Was it specifically established that Astarion's "on your knees" kiss is for ascended only? Because if spawn Astarion pulls that BS, I think I won't romance him. It's fine for ascended, goes with the gross power dynamic; but if spawn did that, it'd be grounds for breaking up, especially with the lack of player agency IMO.

stranger
stranger
Oh I see. I think you misunderstood. Larian is apologizing to a Mac user(s) that they have to wait a little longer, and that they are working toward eventually releasing their patches to all users simultaneously. This comment does not apply to non-mac users. So patch 6 is going to drop tomorrow or Friday for non-mac users.

Last edited by Nightingale1; 14/02/24 10:49 PM.
veteran
veteran
You might be right smile

A
old hand
old hand
A
Originally Posted by The Fell Omen
Was it specifically established that Astarion's "on your knees" kiss is for ascended only? Because if spawn Astarion pulls that BS, I think I won't romance him. It's fine for ascended, goes with the gross power dynamic; but if spawn did that, it'd be grounds for breaking up, especially with the lack of player agency IMO.

It wasn't as far as I know, but it really doesn't fit the Spawn dialogue.

veteran
veteran
The new Halsin kiss is very sweet with the kiss on the forehead. approvegauntlet

The new Astarion kiss… eek

Last edited by Icelyn; 14/02/24 11:10 PM.
apprentice
apprentice
Agreed, Icelyn, I'm looking forward to Halsin's!

If Astarion's new one isn't gated to ascended only, I wouldn't mind if, and only if, we had the option to tell him no and express our displeasure (which we clearly have no agency in the scene they showed, yeesh). It'd be cool if we could be like, "If you wouldn't like someone making you do that, why did I think I'd like doing it?" Remind him of the concept of empathy and that the relationship is a two-way street. Otherwise, break-up.

Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard