Next Thread
Print Thread
V
Varlak Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
V
Hi guys, I'm still in act 1 only level 5. I try to use astarion as a scout hoping to be able to hit first then retreat. But it seems that I always get seen even prior being able to attack anything.

Is sneak just to weak and invis spell are required or maybe it change at higher levels ?

T
enthusiast
Online Content
enthusiast
T
Sneak is OP. You just have to keep in mind how it works.

If you stay out of vision cones, you literally never have to roll a stealth check. You can do whatever you want, even in full plate and no-one cares.

The trick comes to when you have to pass through a vision cone, in which case you will have to pass stealth checks every so often. Which, especially at early levels, can be hard to pass consistently. Which is where invisibility comes in handy if you need to cross into vision cones.

Later in the game you get access to items that help (Such as the robes of Cats Grace from the woman on the path to the Creche which gives advantage on all Dex based skills, including Stealth) as well as more ways to gain invisibility for those times you can't avoid vision cones (There's 2 different rings that provide it, plenty of scrolls and potions that provide it and certain subclasses like Gloom Stalker and Thief end up getting spells that provide it)

V
Varlak Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
V
Originally Posted by Taril
The trick comes to when you have to pass through a vision cone, in which case you will have to pass stealth checks every so often. Which, especially at early levels, can be hard to pass consistently.

Well this is my issue currently. being on a first run of the game I don't know where are the nemies when I pass by to avoide those cone of vision. I kinda envisonied stealth scouting as a way to learn what is ahead. But so far, It just get me cut alone most of the time.

I guess that I will use more invis scrolls ty.

A
old hand
old hand
A
You can also activate turn-based mode outside of combat to help with sneaking.

old hand
old hand
I don't exactly understand. What is your problem? When you are in stealth you see the red area of enemy vision. It's often enough to stay out of it to get near and start a sneak attack. Get used to the idea to start attacks from ranged. Then run away and use your two bonus actions (hopefully you are Thief subclass) to get distance and/or go into stealth again. Lure them to your group (which is also in stealth) and benefit from all three other chars attacking the surprised enemy.

If you need invisibility, play in the Underdark, sooner or later you will get items for it.

V
Varlak Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
V
Originally Posted by geala
I don't exactly understand. What is your problem? When you are in stealth you see the red area of enemy vision..

Many encounters seems to be scripted and promp a dialogue. Those doesn't show the red cones and even unscripted ones seems bugged when you are on a different levels then the enemies.

addict
addict
Why yes Stealth gets much, much better, if you really focus on it.

Rogue level 10+ gets the special ability to always get at least 10 on skill rolls.

From that point on, assuming you pumped into Stealth / Dex everthing you got, and your gear is right, well, you can pretty much stay out of sight all day.

Before that point picking Halfling as race helps; they reroll critical failures AND they get advantage on stealth; but the later is true only for the Lightfoot Halfling subrace. Though you can give anyone advantage on all Dexterity based skills by casting Enhance Ability: Dexterity aka Cat's Grace on them. Thats a Concentration spell though, so your caster cant cast any other concentration spell. I know of no way to get the "Lucky" racial trait of Halflings through spells though.

Link Copied to Clipboard