Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
Hello, I want to report a bug with Minthara that I encountered in three of my campaigns. I thought this was related to raiding the Grove, or a long rest, or maybe it was a mod-related issue. I went on to talk to other players but I wasn't able to identify the cause as there were too many variables.

I decided to do a thorough test for this bug with a new and unmodded save. I'd appreciate if the development team came to check on this and work on a fix soon, if they haven't already. I hope it helps some other people too!

The problem is:
Minthara's dialogue options when you choose "I need to talk to you about a private matter" disappear after you get a scene with Sceleritas Fey in Act 2.

Keep in mind, I recruited Minthara using the knock out method. I haven't tested this by raiding the Grove yet, but in my old save where I did, the dialogue branch is empty and I assume this is because I rescued her after the Sceleritas scene.

• I first rescued Minthara and once she joined the party, I talked to her straight away. Here is how the dialogue branch originally looked (and should look):

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

• I long rested after rescuing Minthara and I got the Guardian scene. The next morning, the dialogue branch looks the same as the above. Nothing has changed.

• Then I long rested again, I haven't talked to Minthara about the urges yet. That night, I got the Sceleritas scene where he asks The Dark Urge to
    kill Isobel.
    The next morning, the dialogue options for Minthara disappeared. They were no longer accessible. Why does this happen?

More testing below:
I decided to install the OIO mod, which shows the tags/flag connectors for each dialogue option. Here is how the dialogue branch looks now, before Sceleritas:

And here is the tag (the only one) that shows up in the Sceleritas scene:

I have no experience in programming, but I suspect these two tags might have overrode each other or led to the same event in code so Minthara's dialogue options act as though they have been chosen - thus disappearing. This is all guesswork, but I can definitely conclude the Sceleritas scene is the root cause based on the test above.

To cast away any doubts, I tried recruiting Minthara after I've gotten the Sceleritas scene in camp, and the dialogue branch is completely empty the first time I talk to her. This is problematic as players who went through this route will never see the intended dialogue options. This is very likely what happened in my old save.

Please investigate this, Larian. I shouldn't have to do this test to begin with, but I wanted to know why this bug (and Minthara generally) has been left unfixed for half a year now. How complex is her code, really? And why does the butler affect her dialogue? frown

Minthara bug list, updated for Hotfix #22.
This needs to be fixed asap. I encountered that bug on my newest playthrough and unfortunately I'm too far in the game to reload and fix it.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
A
stranger
stranger
A
I got this bug too on an old save where I did the goblin raid and recruited Minthara. It's funny to see that the cause of this bug was Sceleritas all along but what's even funnier is Larian not adding anything aside from a single kiss button to Minthara after 6 months. All that effort of romancing her and she still greets me like my co worker irl :))

Minthara has been broken for 556 days.
OP Offline
This bug is still present in the latest patch (4.1.1.4763283) - please fix this, Larian frown

stranger
stranger
Hotfix #20 still has this bug.

Along with Minthara spoiling Act 3 reveal frown

OP Offline
Still not fixed as of Hotfix #21. I've resent the reproduction steps via bug report.

Link Copied to Clipboard