Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
O
stranger
stranger
O
Yet another update with 50,000 minor graphics and scripting fixes, but not even an acknowledgement for the completely black maps and minimaps. Is it a Larian policy to prioritize trivia over gamestopping bugs?

No "We're working on it, but not there yet", "The one programmer who understood maps quit, and we can't get anyone else to take the job", "Accounting has determined there aren't enough players affected to make it worth the effort", or even "We're very sorry, and sad to lose you as a customer forever"?

Regardless of the reason, at the very least provide some closure. Since GoG won't refund me, let me know if I should just give up hope and uninstall.

J
stranger
stranger
J
The Radial menu on Xbox is broken. When You try to select something fps drop to 15.

J
journeyman
journeyman
J
Those comments were by me not Sarak

Originally Posted by ThatDarnOwl
It's an educated guess.
No, it is pure guesswork.

It's a Russian studio named Elverils LLC. It's even on their website.
https://www.elverils.com/
[/quote]
I meant without looking it up.

Originally Posted by Jordaker
Six months after release and we have the 6th major patch and its still huge yet people are still praising Larian for fixing things which should not have been broken in the first place.
I'm not praising Larian for this I personally think they should've waited to release BG3's various ports until after its updates are finished.[/quote]
I'm not saying that you are (though you are still defending Larian). The comment was aimed at the other posts in this thread hence my attempt to separate it from my comments to you.

I disagree. Given the circumstances, the question "Why does the Mac port keep delaying updates?" being "the studio involved with porting has never attempted a project of this scale before" is the most likely conclusion. Unless an employee from Elverils leaks otherwise.
I'm not sure what this is meant to prove it's very easily found publicly available knowledge.

A
old hand
old hand
A
Is this just a Gale thing or are musical instruments in general unhidden during the kiss scenes?

J
journeyman
journeyman
J
Owlcat seem to have a different approach -

This list was last updated: February 07, 2024

PC and Mac version: 1.0.102 (last updated January 26, 2024)
PS5 version: last updated January 26, 2024
Xbox version: last updated January 26, 2024

Next Patch ETA:

PC and Mac: February 15-23, 2024;
PS5: February 15-23, 2024;
Xbox: February 15-23, 2024;

The next patch is the gargantuan sized 1.1 update (1800+ fixes and changes) coming mid-late February.

In it, among the rest:
- Hundreds of bugfixes, intended to cover a major chunk of reported problems, especially where it comes to incorrectly functioning items and abilities;
- A huge chunk of new VO, including characters that previously didn't have a voice at all;
- Some narrative tweaks and new reactivity options;
- QoL UI improvements;
- Yrliet and Marazhai gaining access to a much wider selection of wargear;
- Review of Space Marine stats and wargear - they will hit harder, survive better and will be able to act as a cover for their allies;
- Weapon balancing (including AoE and grenades);
- Encounter balancing;
- Archetype and ability balancing;
- Limitations to out-of-order turn spam (For example, "Bring it down!" will be limited to 1 per character per round, and "Move Move Move!" will disallow usage of damaging abilities, even if they are free);
- And more! Updates to this list will be coming as we process the patch notes.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/2186680/discussions/0/4027970580228219058/

J
journeyman
journeyman
J
Originally Posted by ThatDarnOwl
I disagree. Given the circumstances, the question "Why does the Mac port keep delaying updates?" being "the studio involved with porting has never attempted a project of this scale before" is the most likely conclusion. Unless an employee from Elverils leaks otherwise.
I'm not sure what this is meant to prove it's very easily found publicly available knowledge.

If what you say is correct then the smart thing for Larian to do would be to delay the PC patch until the Mac version is ready.
Pure guesswork on my part but the delay could be down to Larian fixing the bugs for the PC version then the Mac company having to port the new version once they get their hands on it.

I meant that you are making statements about a company (elverils) that you know sod all about.

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Jordaker
If what you say is correct then the smart thing for Larian to do would be to delay the PC patch until the Mac version is ready.
Is that not what they were planning on doing? Atleast going by one of their tweets.

Also bit strange they hired a Russian company, given the internet's attitude towards doing that.

S
stranger
stranger
S
Hi. I am CEO at Elverils, LLC. Since our company is mentioned here, I consider it my duty to inform you that Elverils is no longer working on any Larian projects. Please do not connect in any way anything that will be released or not released by Larian with Elverils. Thank you.

Z
apprentice
apprentice
Z
Major issues with this patch, guys. Been playing a new file and noticed two huge things in the first 30 minutes of playing:

1. Vendor inventories take 5-10 seconds to load/refresh, sometimes longer. Vendor gold sometimes stays at zero and when you back out of the menu, it breaks the dialogue so you can't re-enter it without exiting the entire conversation and talking to the NPC again. It's pretty bad.

2. Group stealth is broken. It will always stealth your entire party even if they are separated. Severely hampers the flow of gameplay as the only way to stealth someone individually is to do it manually through the radial menu.

Not a good look so far. I think we may have a contender for worst patch yet, stepping into the ring to challenge the current champion, Patch 4.

T
stranger
stranger
T
Couple of things - agree with previous posters regarding the long load time for trader's inventories for bartering. If you try to add something to the window on your side before it's finished, a quick and annoying trip to desktop ensues. I have started F5ing before every interaction with traders, just in case.

Also, is there any way to turn off the speaker selection always being the PC now? There are some instances when I actually want one of the other members of the party to initiate dialogue as I know they have better rolls/dialogue options due to their classes (i.e. Astarion and Dexterity/Rogue rolls) than my own avatar. Now I have to toggle group mode off, take my sorry self to camp alone, take Astarion through the dialogue, then return. It's slowing everything down horribly.

A hand? Anyone?

Last edited by TizaneNZ; 18/02/24 06:30 AM.
D
stranger
stranger
D
After this patch, playing through GeForceNow is simply impossible. The game constantly crashes in unexpected places. When trying to load, in battle, simply in the city, and once it crashed on the character creation screen. In addition to the fact that it is necessary to save every minute in order to restart, you need to wait for the previous session to finish in GeForceNow and possibly, in a queue.

G
stranger
stranger
G
The game is currently broken and unplayable.
But no hotfix or patch rollback for 3 days?

I'm worried, does Larian even know what they've done to the game?

Any time you kill a merchant character you become unable to move, end your turn, save, load, or even return to the main menu, you have to close the game via Task Manager and try again, only it's a repeatable bug with a 100% occurrence rate so you're just stuck. This is particularly troublesome in Act 2, as people assaulting Moonrise need to kill the Bugbear, and people who let the Shadow Curse take Last Light need to kill Quartermaster Tali. With this bug the game becomes uncompleteable.

And that's just one of the game breaking bugs!
Seen a fair few others mentioned on the Steam forums, like the Loviatar priest guy no longer hitting anyone, just telling you to stand against the wall and then not moving or acting himself.
Hostile Minthara (like when she assaults the grove) not ending her turn, rending people unable to continue the battle.
Something about lockpicking breaking the game (though that one might be tied to those who use mods - I don't btw).
--

I love this game, I respect the hells out of the effort and work that has gone and continues to go into it, but updating the game to make it unplayable and then being radio silent for 3 days (ON A WEEKEND!) is... kind of maddening o_O

Last edited by GalexMystra; 18/02/24 04:46 PM. Reason: clarity
I see people mentioning quite a bit wrong with the Patch. I must be in an anomalous group because I haven't experienced any of these issues. In fact, trading with traders is a hell of a lot easier now and I don't have any lag in talking to them or getting to their trading screen.

Granted, I am currently playing an Act 3 save and it may just work better in that part of the game?

But regardless, Larian should work to fix this for players. The changes implemented are awesome when they work and it sucks knowing people keep crashing or not loading. That would be infuriating.

#JusticeForAstarion
Love the changes!

To bugs:

- I had a crash when quickloading while I quicksaved.
- When quicksaving I get the warning everytime that a player was modifying a character which was not saved — but I play solo. Saving and loading the savegames works, so this is just an annoyance.

K
stranger
stranger
K
Originally Posted by Salo
Ah, two days after Valentine’s Day. Cupid has shot his arrows, the chocolates have gone on sale, and the flowers have started to wilt. The perfect time to release a patch!

Patch 6 for Baldur’s Gate 3 launches today, and it’s packed full of quality-of-life improvements, fixes, and a little bit of romance.

Hello? Community manager? Can community have a response from Larian Studios?
What with obviously raw and beta-like patch release before weekends?
Why it made game actually unplayable for so many people on weekends?
Any official response? Patch Rollbacks? Excuses? Hotfixes?

Last edited by Kairax; 18/02/24 07:43 PM.
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by vx_phoenix_vx
I see people mentioning quite a bit wrong with the Patch. I must be in an anomalous group because I haven't experienced any of these issues. In fact, trading with traders is a hell of a lot easier now and I don't have any lag in talking to them or getting to their trading screen.

Granted, I am currently playing an Act 3 save and it may just work better in that part of the game?

But regardless, Larian should work to fix this for players. The changes implemented are awesome when they work and it sucks knowing people keep crashing or not loading. That would be infuriating.

Maybe it only affects new saves? I’ll have to test it out.

G
stranger
stranger
G
Originally Posted by Ecc2ca
Maybe it only affects new saves? I’ll have to test it out.

No, my pre-existing save in Act 2 now can't progress the game because every time I kill the hostile shadow-cursed Quartermaster Tali the game stops letting me do anything (it doesn't freeze, it just stops letting you move, change character, end turn, use abilities, or even save or load, and if you return to the Main Menu it doesn't autosave like it should as it's Honour Mode and the loading screen gets stuck on 0% forever until you close the game with Task Manager).

I've seen others claim this happens when you kill ANY merchant in the game, but I killed the merregon merchant and it didn't happen (though maybe it didn't count him as a merchant as I went straight into combat rather than the peaceful route in that bit). I have also seen someone say it's happening to them in the assault on Moonrise Towers whenever they kill the hostile bugbear merchant.

This bug makes you unable to progress the game and is the first game breaking bug that renders the game unplayable I've ever encountered... so as a frustrated player who can no longer play the game it is kind of bonkers to me that Larian hasn't hotfixed or rollbacked anything or even said a single word about any of this in 3 days. I'm not used to complaining, I don't like to spread negativity, but this blows.

(And, as always, no, I am not using any mods, never have and probably never will, I'm not much of a modder).

apprentice
apprentice
I may be in the minority, but I actually appreciate the delay in patch release as a Mac user. By the time it is available for Mac, it seems several of the bugs have been identified and resolved.

J
journeyman
journeyman
J
Originally Posted by Kairax
Originally Posted by Salo
Ah, two days after Valentine’s Day. Cupid has shot his arrows, the chocolates have gone on sale, and the flowers have started to wilt. The perfect time to release a patch!

Patch 6 for Baldur’s Gate 3 launches today, and it’s packed full of quality-of-life improvements, fixes, and a little bit of romance.

Hello? Community messenger? Can community have a response from Larian Studios?
What with obviously raw and beta-like patch release before weekends?
Why it made game actually unplayable for so many people on weekends?
Any official response? Patch Rollbacks? Excuses? Hotfixes?

Do you mean similar to Owlcat with WH40KRT?
See my post near the top of this page.

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard