Next Thread
Print Thread
C
Clint N Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
C
Hello hello! I have a feature request regarding subtitles for party members. Sometimes I don’t realize that the party members are having a conversation until the camera angle catches the end of what they are saying. If I have my hearing aids in then I can hear that they’re talking, but without them sometimes I don’t catch it.

If there isn’t a way to do so already, can we have the option for static subtitles that always appear at the bottom, regardless of camera angle or party member position? I love the game and want to be as immersed as possible but it sucks being left out of their little side convos.

journeyman
journeyman
Hi! In the game, in the lower right corner there is a message window where the battle is shown in text, subtitles are also displayed there when our partners are talking on the road.

journeyman
journeyman
Oh yes please! I would love this option. I feel like I'm missing so much.

@illeaillas-san I am on PS5 and I'm not seeing this window. I know there is a log I can access through the menu but iirc it doesn't show all the banter between our companions. Also, it's a bit of a pain to bring it up and read outside of the game.

Just leap the flames to take a chance...
journeyman
journeyman
Oh, that's how it is, I see. It's really inconvenient, I hope they do something with this on consoles.

C
Clint N Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
C
Me too -.- but I appreciate your comment!

C
Clint N Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
C
Just wanted to bump this to see if there have been any improvements

D
stranger
stranger
D
On PlayStation 5, go to the Shortcut Menu (R2) and choose Combat Log. There you should be able to see the conversations that your companions have with each other, along with stuff other NPCs say out on the field if they are nearby enough. Though unlike the Dialogue History found in the journal, the Combat Log isn't saved when you close the game.

Last edited by DemiVoidwoken; 10/04/24 05:53 PM.
D
stranger
stranger
D
Originally Posted by DemiVoidwoken
On PlayStation 5, go to the Shortcut Menu (R2) and choose Combat Log. There you should be able to see the conversations that your companions have with each other, along with stuff other NPCs say out on the field if they are nearby enough. Though unlike the Dialogue History found in the journal, the Combat Log isn't saved when you close the game.
On PC with controller at least, the combat log doesn't show the banter.

Link Copied to Clipboard