Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
apprentice
apprentice
We are on our way to seven months after launch and according to Larian the next big patch is 'several months away'. I'm guessing that this next big patch will be the last apart from perhaps a couple of hotfixes to fix things the patch breaks.

As someone who actually waited to play the Definitive Editions of both Divinity: Original Sin and Original Sin II, I applaud Larian’s excellent and thorough long-term support for their games.

But to quote Shadowheart with regards to a possible Definitive Edition of BG3: “We’ve got a long road ahead of us still.

I did speculate modding support would drop with the "Definitive edition" of the game. So I wouldn't be surprised if Larian goes with that approach.

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by ThatDarnOwl
I did speculate modding support would drop with the "Definitive edition" of the game. So I wouldn't be surprised if Larian goes with that approach.

Since they mentioned modding will be added in the somewhat near future, but still a way’s off from now, it does make sense to include it with a potential Definitive Edition update to the game.

Maybe schedule it to celebrate the 1-year anniversary of the official launch?

J
journeyman
journeyman
J
Originally Posted by 4lt3rn1ty
Bit of a pessimistic view, this game is very complex, each time they update the game to make fixes there are unforseen circumstances which generate more fixes required.
I prefer 'realistic'. All video games are 'complex'. What makes BG3 an exceptional case in terms of AAA releases? Saying that BG3 is 'complex' is something of a mantra on this forum yet no one, to my knowledge, has ever defined 'complex' or explained why BG3 is different. Certainly no one who is qualified.

Larian are proven to eventually get on top of all problems, if you review their past performance on The Witcher series and DOS, so personally I would say the outlook is positive for BG3.
The word 'eventually' is doing a lot of heavy-lifting there.
The Witcher? What had Larian to do with the Witcher? The DOS games were years ago and much less 'complex'.

Doubt if it will be the last, thats probably optimistic on Larians view, and they wont leave it in a poor state because they are very responsible Devs historically.
Historically they were a smaller company and not paying American rents.

We have 6 major patches so far, and 19 hotfixes inbetween those major patches .. But thats only since the game went public out of Early Access. During Early Access there were just as many major patches and hotfix releases before it went public.
I cant see Larian putting it to bed leaving a lot of bugs, no matter how pessimistic a view anyone has, its just against their past record of pushing out quality products.
Patches and fixes are expected during EA, that is one of the primary reasons for doing an EA version. Major patches and and hotfixes to fix patches six months and counting after release are not.
Their past record of pushing out quality releases? When was the last time they released anything, or how often have they released anything in the last, say, five years?

There has been a lot of public outcry recently due to the modding community being a bit entitled.
And a lot of people moaning because their personal most notable issues have not been fixed yet.
Have you actually read the letter or are you just parroting what you read on social media?

But if the general public understood more of the amount of effort going into the long term plan of fixes there would be far less concern.
So let me see if I have the right of this. You are saying that you are qualified to say what the general public does and does not understand and that you are somehow are qualified to make statements about how much effort Larian will be putting in long-term.

G
stranger
stranger
G
Originally Posted by chia
any news if the lower city crashing got fixed or an eta for that?

Ditto that…it’s been 3 weeks and I still have not been able to do anything within the lower city as my PlayStation crashes every single time. I’ve tried literally every suggested fix frown

M
stranger
stranger
M
Thanks for the hotfix. Well Minthara still have bug in event dialog for example: then you fix Karlach heart, in previous version she told about it (and can give you point of approval), but after the patch, and hotfix 19, and this hotfix, she talk about prince and emperor, and she talk about it in all event, no matter what will you do. So yes, some of the problems were solved, but others appeared instead, i hope this will be solved

addict
addict
Thanks this hot fix fixed my game crashing every 15mins. Now it crashes about once every 3 hours or so. Much better!

journeyman
journeyman
After the murder of Yurgir and Raphael’s conversation with Astarion about ritual, Mintara talks about the Emperor in this way.

W
stranger
stranger
W
Any idea when this fix is coming to Xbox? My game is saying it's still on v4.1.1.4811634. I've tried restarting my Xbox numerous times and have looked to see if an update is available, but it doesn't show that there is.

E
stranger
stranger
E
Hi, i've a bit of a problem. I streamed the Steam game from my pc to the TV via Xbox Series X / Sunshine), so that we can play with my wife who cannot sit for a long time in front of a gaming pc.
We bought two licences on Steam to play together and ended up playing on the same Steam license on split screen TV which is the best thing that happened to a recent game in terms of playing from the comfort of our living room.
The use of Sunshine on the Xbox is really a pain with lots of disconnections and sometimes graphical bugs. It is really irritating to launch with the lost of focus due to the Larian account manager that launches prior to the game.
When it works, though, the game really is a marvel with no input lag on Series X and full 4K (without HDR because my PC screen cannot do that).
So I bought a third licence from microsoft website at full price, in order to play on Xbox Series X natively, though we only we need one amongst the 3 licences bought.

Now we can't play our savegame because the hotfix doesn't roll on Xbox at the same rate as on PC so our savegames are visible after connecting to Larian account but there are only ten of them and not the 30 last ones, where one could have been on the right version we used on steam.

Could you upgrade Xbox at the same rate as Steam so that the 50+ hours cross save work and I can play together with my wife please ? It's been 2 weeks we cannot play and I think we really paid our price for the game now. smile

I explained on Reddit here the problems with the versions :

"I have the same problem.
I just bought it on Xbox cause streaming from my pc to the Xbox via Moonlight was good when it worked but a real pain just to launch.

I bought it the exact weekend they delivered a patch on pc and not on Xbox.

So it's been a week i can't play on my Xbox my 50hours+ save with my wife.
There are only 10 saves, so i can't even launch old saves on the old version on the Xbox, although i'm absolutely sure i have savegames on this exact version.

They should let us have on cross save 10 normal saves and 10 quicksaves if they want to force a certain amount of saves.
That way, i could probably have launched one of my oldest normal saves with the Xbox version. Now, it's been a full week.

Please Larian, release 4.1.1.4854838 on Xbox. Game manager on Xbox says version 1.6.2.0 and doesn't offer to download a 1.6.2.1 or something else."

And I would add : please do the same each hotfix, or we won't be the only one encountering the problems. Is it a problem with how Microsoft releases yout hotfix ? Perhaps it is not in your hands after all ? And how can i go around this problem ?

Thanks in advance.
Greetings from your neighbours in France. smile

Last edited by Eiradiana; 10/03/24 09:52 PM.
G
stranger
stranger
G
Same issue. I normally play BG3 on Steam and Xbox, but for the last couple weeks I have been unable to play on my Xbox because of incompatible game saves. If I was just playing on the Xbox it wouldn't be a big deal. I would still be able to play, I'd just be on an older version. But... as soon as the Steam client was updated as the Xbox wasn't I am stuck only playing Steam.

Is there any eta on when Hotfix 20 and 21 will be applied to the Xbox?

Thanks

N
stranger
stranger
N
Same here, I started a whole new campaign on Xbox because my save on Steam is not compatible. This the second or third time Xbox has lagged behind on patches. Is the development platform for Xbox so different from PS5 and PC?

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard