Next Thread
Print Thread
Z
Zarrin Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Z
I don't know if this is new to the latest patch but I didn't have it occur in earlier passes so I figured I'd post it here. In short, when an elevator started moving, my characters started skittering about - then fell to their deaths and almost (but for a bit of luck) wiped my party out. I was very lucky in that I jumped Tav off the platform, close enough to the intended destination. I went to Withers to rez my unlucky companions then (yes my party was still grouped) returned from camp, only to find all but Tav forced to try their luck on the platform of doom again.

I had Minthara try running "with" the platform as it moved, which seemed to prolong her inevitable demise, but she (and the others) fell again, with Shadowheart somehow living through the fall, stuck at the bottom of the map. Turns out that was bad luck for her. I had Shadowheart return to camp and her and Tav revived the crew. When Tav left camp - Minthara went with him (apparently she died close enough to follow him) while Shadowheart and Karlach did not.

This time I wised up, had them running as much as possible to die as close to the end of the ride as possible so that after rez they would follow Tav. Which they did. And I promptly called it time to take a break. I'm playing Honour Mode / Tactician. I know I won't succeed, but this would've been the absolute (ha) worst way to fail. Specific area / stuff in spoilers.

This happened in the Gauntlet of Shar. The long platform down requiring one gem. They started skittering around immediately, but trying to "run" with the platform worked okay - right up until it didn't. They had longstrider on them all, for what that's worth, and their own buffs - but we weren't heading into combat so there wasn't much special.

I had already defeated the trials, killed Balthazaar, and accidentally killed Yurgir since apparently approaching from above means he's permanently hostile and doesn't give you a chance to speak with him, which is awful because I was hoping to convince him to help me kill Raphael and I'm guessing I can't now and I know that fight will wreck me.

I don't know if this occurs for all elevators/moving platforms.

I got super lucky saving Tav (and my playthrough) but that's obnoxious and had it killed my playthrough I'd have been done playing.

Last edited by Zarrin; 02/03/24 03:04 PM.
old hand
old hand
The same thing happened to me at Grymforge on the moving platforms in Act 1. It started moving, and two of my party members fell off into a chasm and died instantly. That was a close call. All of my characters were on that platform because I was using a mage hand to pull the lever. I agree it is a very obnoxious bug, and wouldn’t you know it, the only time I have ever encountered it was on honour mode!

Last edited by Ecc2ca; 04/03/24 01:22 AM.
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
In earlier patches I came across something similar but maybe not identical to this once at Grymforge and once on the cable car thingy on the Rosymorn map, when two of my characters plummeted to their deaths when it started moving but two remained on the platform with no issues, but each time when I reloaded the bug didn’t recur. That would have been on balanced mode.

Thanks for the reminder to be careful with moving platforms on honour mode, Zarrin, and I hope your party survives!

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"

Link Copied to Clipboard