Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
A
stranger
stranger
A
Last update ruined MacOS performance.
Macbook Max 32gb was perfect at 3440x1440 Ultra until now. But now dialogs lagging so hard, sometimes FPS dropping to 1-5 range and I watching slideshow.

According to discussion on steam there are many ppl with Macbooks who reported same problem.

Please rollback or fix whatever you done for graphics.

D
stranger
stranger
D
After observing for quite a while I want to take a moment to urge everyone posting here to refrain from the unnecessary aggressive and accusing tone. I think everyone's frustration is understandable but the entitlement is not. Minthara originally wasn't even recruitable without raiding the grove but due to her popularity Larian decided to repurpose a bug (keeping her alive with knocking her out) into a feature. So missing content during a good run as well as weird bugs are to be expected here. And I am grateful for Larian taking time fixing them (like with this hotfix) and even more important: For the decision to keep "good" Minthara even though it must be a mess to do so only in retrospect. (A lot of the bugs make it obvious how much of a mess it is.)

Nevertheless, thank you everyone for keeping tabs on all the different (and surely sometimes avoidable, yes) bugs concerning Minthara. I too love her, want her fixed entirely and hope for more "missing" content.

And concerning the bug reporting, there also is an official way everyone should use.

D
stranger
stranger
D
How about still being respectful while being frustrated? They are obviously working on all of it. So submit bugs properly and then wait.

Originally Posted by Dylanesque
After observing for quite a while I want to take a moment to urge everyone posting here to refrain from the unnecessary aggressive and accusing tone. I think everyone's frustration is understandable but the entitlement is not.

While I agree harsh language in this context is unnecessary, they are still very much valid criticism for the game.

I'm a little shocked that someone would call this entitlement tbh. Minthara fans are some of the most patient and dedicated people in the BG3 community from what I've observed, perhaps due to her being a somewhat obscure character too. The new change in this update caused polarizing reactions and the language some people use may be considered aggressive, but can you really blame them?

When Minthara’s intended recruitment makes you lose out on a heap of content and two companions, do you see any online petitions being made about this? No, people sought to make suggestions and constructive feedback on how to improve it. When it seemed like it was a lost cause, someone called Rukongai put their time and effort into crafting a mod to provide us with a solution.

When Minthara couldn’t be romanced at all due to a flagging issue, do you see any Twitter riots about this? No, people used Script Extender to manually set the “Partnered” flag by ourselves so we can actually access her romanced dialogues - which are incredibly scarce and could very well be counted with one hand.

When Minthara gets a new dialogue which goes against her current writing and the existing events in the game, do you see her fans publicly harassing her writer on social media? No, we’re not mad at an individual, we’re frustrated at the game company behind this for the lack of care put into her.

This issue with Minthara has brewed for a long time - for some it began in EA, for others it started after the release of the game. That bug report link you shared? I have it bookmarked, I’ve tested and reported bugs for roughly 6 months and eventually arranged them in a spreadsheet. Do they get fixed? Some of them, sure, more specifically 13 out of a whopping total of 28 bugs and probably more that I haven’t yet documented. If you (whoever is reading this) aren't aware, there has never been a state where Minthara is completely bug-free. If you happen to avoid them by luck, good for you, but just so you know: no other companion suffers from this.

I’m grateful to Larian just as much, this is mostly because they’re one of the few “big” companies left who still care about improving their game. We have to be grateful for the “bare minimum” as this is the video game company standard. In the case of Minthara, what people are asking is for them to simply do their job. So no, sorry, this is not entitlement. We have to judge the game by the standard they've set for themselves and, at the end of the day, Minthara is still lacking the most basic functions of a companion on top of her bugs.

We've waited for a long time, 7 months to be precise, and we will continue to wait - but some of us won't stay patient. That is to be expected as well.

Minthara bug list, updated for Hotfix #22.
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Folks, I'm afraid that however frustrated we might be, we do need to keep things calm, constructive and respectful here, and however much we might want Larian to focus on the specific things we want to change about the game, it's never okay to lash out here. It's not fair to fellow forum members to catch them in the crossfire of our ire, and (especially on Larian's own forums) please put yourselves in the shoes of Larian's employees and consider how you'd feel if someone publicly attacked and shouted at you for not doing your job in the way or as quickly as they want. It's not okay.

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
journeyman
journeyman
I would feel utterly ashamed of myself if I used a harsh and heated tone towards ones who takes the time to pour down hard sweating work in solving a problem more encouragement in a calm manner is what I'd love to see more of, I can vision the sheer frustration bubbling up in-house with seeing results of solutions bubbling into more solutions to be needed and to add lashingss just going to cause huge disservice in my opinion, with the great creative talent mistakes are expected to happen when space is given for that and there is always a structure to have so as many solutions come in one big wave rather than in hundreds of smaller waves, patience really is a virtue as time flys away very easily.

To those working, I really hope no one feels discouraged as I believe sharing the frustration in a constructive manner we can deifnitely see the light at end of the tunnel together, I have never before felt heard and appreciated with what has culminated back into the game by response of updates and hope this can be felt returned back in the same encouraged manner.

It means a great dealt to me as this game have had an enormous positive impact on my life in a curative and healing manner no other means of consultatrion has achieved.

Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
I agree that calm and positive posting is desirable here, and it's not okay to heatedly berate Larian devs, but as I did say this a couple of posts ago I'm going to ask we draw a line and move on.

Thanks all!

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
A
old hand
old hand
A
Not quite calmly - more enthusiastically - but very positively I'd also like to see Minthara get more polish and love. I recruited her knock-out style for the first time and she is such an enrichment to the story, especially if you take the good in "good path" more seriously, such a perfect, convincing, loyal devil on your shoulder. Pretty please fix her bugs, I don't think I can bear to ever leave her to rot again.

Originally Posted by The Red Queen
Folks, I'm afraid that however frustrated we might be, we do need to keep things calm, constructive and respectful here, and however much we might want Larian to focus on the specific things we want to change about the game, it's never okay to lash out here.

Fair. Thank you for intervening, Red Queen. I just wanted to showcase why people may be acting the way they do :3

I unfortunately took offense when someone called this “entitlement” when I have seen far worse reactions from other parts of the community about much different (mind you, tamer) things. I hope Larian is not discouraged from improving the game either, but especially from improving Minthara as some of the recent comments from these past few days, while justified, are indeed aggressive and harsh. Patience is truly a virtue when we have been asking for improvements for 7 months only to get crumbs and even more issues in return.

There is a clear flaw in how they’re handling Minthara though, it’s too plain to see. We can only hope it will improve in time, but I honestly don’t have much faith after this update. I will continue to document bugs and enjoy the game, as for overall positivity here? You won’t find much of that left in me. At least until Minthara actually gets something right.

Minthara bug list, updated for Hotfix #22.
G
stranger
stranger
G
Originally Posted by Bomor
https://twitter.com/baldursgate3/status/1766057756337766669

"We’re dropping a small fix on PC today, with Mac and PS5 to follow shortly, that should resolve a crash occurring for some players in crowded areas!"
Latest version as of right now should be 4.1.1.4900808

Unfortunately. I am still crashing in Lower City on PS5.. this fix didn’t resolve the soft lock crash I’ve been facing for a month. So if anyone has been having that issue, it ain’t fixed yet.

D
stranger
stranger
D
Does anyone know when the second wave release of the pre orders will be going out. I ordered mine on February 22 2024

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Arkemlar
Last update ruined MacOS performance.
Macbook Max 32gb was perfect at 3440x1440 Ultra until now. But now dialogs lagging so hard, sometimes FPS dropping to 1-5 range and I watching slideshow.

According to discussion on steam there are many ppl with Macbooks who reported same problem.

Please rollback or fix whatever you done for graphics.

Same, M2Max MacBook Pro 16" 12core, 30gpu, 32GB, same problem since last hotfix

Last edited by MetalCoco; 13/03/24 08:35 PM.
J
journeyman
journeyman
J
Originally Posted by Xenonian
I would feel utterly ashamed of myself if I used a harsh and heated tone towards ones who takes the time to pour down hard sweating work in solving a problem

They are not volunteers working on some humanitarian emergency. They are employees of Larian doing the job they are paid to do. And no, before you start, this does not mean hurling dogs' abuse at them is acceptable.

Last edited by Jordaker; 14/03/24 10:07 AM.
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Ahem!

Originally Posted by The Red Queen
I agree that calm and positive posting is desirable here, and it's not okay to heatedly berate Larian devs, but as I did say this a couple of posts ago I'm going to ask we draw a line and move on.

Thanks all!

N
stranger
stranger
N
It always fascinates me to no end how Larian will respond to every single complaint one way or another except the ones about Minthara and her bugs.. I don’t see any abuse going on here.

apprentice
apprentice
I was really hoping we would see a fix to the Mac performance issues before the weekend. Hoping next week???

veteran
veteran
to fix performance issues takes testing and thats what you are doing now

Luke Skywalker: I don't, I don't believe it.
Yoda: That is why you failed.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard