Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
G
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
G
From the start of the game, everyone hints at the power of Dame Aylin. When you finally meet her, she radiates confidence despite her chains, assured in her ability to smite those who bound her. If you free her in Shadowfell, she arises resplendent, awesome and angelic. She swoops across the night to slay General Thorn. When I joined her on the rooftop I expected her to one-shot him. Turns out, she couldn’t even do that to his dog.

Dame Aylin is so weak it feels like a bug. It is jarring, disappointing, and takes me out of the game. If her presence swings the rooftop fight wildly in your favor, good. Players worked hard to release her. I would have been happy to have her level doubled. She is supposed to be near divinity. Fighting alongside her should have been triumphant, a reward for your ordeals. In this patch, it is a feel bad. Then she gets kidnapped.

Multiplying her power would also make the fight with the Apostle of Myrkul more reasonable. Currently, on the Tactical level or harder, it is beyond the pale.

T
journeyman
Online Content
journeyman
T
I know what you mean, but on the other hand if she did just one-shot him it would cheapen the boss fight a bit too much. I suspect she thought she'd be able to kill him easily too, but didn't consider
the power of the Elder Brain
, and part of that scene is showing you've got a much bigger threat than just Ketheric Thorm to deal with. Maybe if we saw her power before suddenly she gets stopped by that tentacle thing? But even then, you're taking player agency away to show an NPC winning your fights. It's a difficult one in the balance between gameplay and story.

B
enthusiast
enthusiast
B
She was weak even compared to my character - I remember being underwhelmed at this ancient legendary 'celestial'... They should have simply written her as a lesser celestial ...I expected great things after she flew off lighting up the whole land. And was bitterly disappointed.

apprentice
apprentice
She kept getting knocked out for the boss fight for me. She would stand somewhere where she'd be hit over and over. It was obnoxious. Then at the end she stomped of Thorm like she had contributed anything to the fight. She also kept dying in the fight with Lorroakan.

Last edited by BananaBread; 25/03/24 06:59 PM.
T
enthusiast
Online Content
enthusiast
T
I think the main issue is one of allowing the player to experience the fights.

If she ends up being as OP as she's made out to be (Aside from the fact that Ketheric seems to be able to easily just bind his lifeforce to her on a whim) then most people wouldn't get to experience the Ketheric Thorm, Avatar of Myrkul or Lorroakan fights as she'd just go and kick their butts herself.

That said, she could be made more appropriately powerful without being easy mode. For a start if she was invulnerable so didn't go down every 2 seconds (She's immortal. That's literally her most defining feat and why Ketheric valued her) she could then at least be a continual source of damage (Even if the damage she does isn't amazing).

T
journeyman
Online Content
journeyman
T
In the endgame
I had Dame Aylin running around soaking up damage. Immortal paladin? Yes please! Pretty much every time I went to check on her it said she'd just resurrected, but she was happily stabbing cultists and soaking up their attacks

addict
addict
She’s plane touched and immortal but not “near divine”. As an aasimar she isn’t considered a celestial either.

B
B
Aylin isn't weak. She's probably the best tank you can have. If you manage to position her correctly (in a way that she will be outside the healing blocking aura if she drops to 0 hp), she'll be able to tank all melee attacks from the avatar of Myrkul on tactician difficulty without needing any heals or support from your group. Then you simply put some damage over time effects on the avatar, use your party to destroy the skeletons before they spawn and it will be one of the easiest boss fights in the game.

T
Banned
Banned
T
She's a woman.

She would never be something powerful in Sven Vincke's fantasy world.

Link Copied to Clipboard