Next Thread
Print Thread
J
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
J
Dear Larian

You recently implemented a more 5e like experience with the rule changes in honour mode - great job! However, from what I can read on the internet, it is not possible to enable these rules outside of honour mode except when using mods which is kind of sad since it fixes a lot of the real balancing issues in the game. I would therefore like to suggest that you implement the honour mode rules (excelt the single save) in all game modes or at least makes it possible to select it in the custom mode.

Additionally you can consider rebalancing other issues like:

- Change tavern brawler, e.g. by only allowing it to affect chance to hit or alternatively gives 50% bonus to hit and damage - similar to what you did for the druid wildshape.
- Elixir of X Strength should be a potion, thereby reducing the amount of time it works and alternatively has a weakening effect after it ends like potion of speed.
- Change DEX brachers so they provide 17 DEX instread of 18 dex, just like the headband for INT.

There are also some amaizing changes described in this mod, although it doesn't follow the 5e ruleset: https://www.nexusmods.com/baldursgate3/mods/5712/?tab=description

K
stranger
stranger
K
Absolutely no on the bracers, keep those 18. If anything the headband should just be raised from 17 to 18 int.

N
N2B Offline
stranger
stranger
N
There is no reason to nerf anything in a PvE game. If it’s too strong for you, you don’t have to use it, but let the rest have their fun.

Don’t make the same mistake as Helldivers 2. They nerfed everything until the players lost interest and left.

B
B
Yeah, would be great if could select honour mode difficulty in custom mode. Right now I kind of lost my motivation to play since "single save" doesn't allow me to try out alternative paths without having to start over from the beginning and fights in lower difficulties are just boring.

Originally Posted by N2B
There is no reason to nerf anything in a PvE game. If it’s too strong for you, you don’t have to use it, but let the rest have their fun.
I disagree on that one. In a PvE game, there should be customizable balance options that allow me to have a fun and challenging game without skipping half of the game.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Karthull
Absolutely no on the bracers, keep those 18. If anything the headband should just be raised from 17 to 18 int.
It used to be a 18 int item until half of the forum started whining that it was a "broken item".
Which is weird, given that it's situationally MARGINALLY useful at best (there's ONE class and half that benefit from INT in the game, and that one wouldn't want to rely on equipment to get to 18 when they should probably aim to reach a natural 20 in it) not to mention part of the standard D&D mid-level itemization.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
Why do these need to be balanced in a sudden this many months post release?

You can still have a challenging game by making your own ironman rulesets, game has lots of options to have fun with it is like you want that fun taken away from the game.

D
stranger
stranger
D
This is what mods are for. You literally linked to a mod that solves your problems. Increasing the baseline difficulty of all the game modes would make the game less accessible/inaccessible to disabled people who have already bought it and put time into it.

And no, the solution to this isn't for disabled people to mod the difficulty back when they weren't the ones who were unsatisfied with their purchase. Options for games disabled people can play are already limited. Our incomes are usually very limited. Disabled people shouldn't have to put extra effort into just being able to play a game they already bought[/], or even stop playing it all together, because some people with no self-control got bored with it after awhile and don't want to put the effort into modding the game themselves.

The number of button/key presses I can make is limited. How long I can sit it stand in one place is limited. How long I can hold a controller is limited. How long I can use a keyboard and mouse is limited. How long I can focus, how much brain fog I'm experiencing, and general cognitive dysfunction limits my gaming. Disabled people shouldn't have to spend these limited resources modding a game they, once again, [i]already bought
, just to be able to play it.

pro tip: If you copy your save to another folder before saving in honour mode, you can always revert to that if you want to save scum.

Last edited by Direcrow; 19/06/24 11:20 PM.
T
addict
addict
T
Originally Posted by Direcrow
Increasing the baseline difficulty of all the game modes would make the game less accessible/inaccessible to disabled people who have already bought it and put time into it.

I remember the last time someone tried to make this argument.

I believe the retort was hundreds of disabled gamers making videos of them destroying Sekiro with ease.

Just because someone is disabled, doesn't mean they're terrible at playing video games. There's so much support these days to allow people with disabilities to control video games... I've even seen people with no arms or legs participate in fighting game tournaments using just their mouth to play the games and compete at the highest level...

The only argument with weight is changing a product already purchased (But this was addressed by OP in their statement about "Making them available in custom mode" enabling options to configure settings to those who wish to use them)

B
old hand
old hand
B
There are more "broken" issues than the Bracers. Str 21 potions sold by local grocers that last until Long Rest - now THAT's broken.

Last edited by Buba68; 20/06/24 06:00 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard