Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Short introduction... I have never ever played any of the Baldur's Gate games before, the third installment was my first step into this with ZERO expectations and a blank mind of jumping into it..
I should have written this topic months ago but my love for the game and life just being very busy it came out this late.

Now why Baldur's Gate 3 resonates with me is because first time playing a game, it felt like I was stepping into a world so believable it felt real from an immersive point of view...
Not understanding romance was a thing Karlach was my first experience in that, took a long rest to prepare for big fight and during it Karlach wanted to "ride me till I see stars" kinda took me by surprise and I went along to see where this would take me, by end of Act 3 I felt like an AI enhanced entity wanted to date me and show an interest in me in a manner that overall enhanced my gameplay in a very positive manner, I really felt inflatuated by end of the game that it was an emotional rollercoast in a good way by end of the game that I wanted to try different permutations with different characters and that kind why I fell hard for Minthara as silly as it may sound.

If you overanalyze the game obviousbly you ARE going to find flaws and issues, but I feel like the positives heavily overweight them all.

So getting to know MInthara in an intimate manner gave the same resonance to me despite some expectations this time around, so all in all my conclusion is this game feels special because it felt like you take on a grand adventure with unlike allies and love happens along the road, to same extent like what happens during Lord of the RIngs films, you face a great evil and you seek help and get emotionally entangled in all of it.

As part of this feedback what would keep me interested in the future is if this whole concept of interacting with characters was further developed into the manner of AI behavior where it is less predictable and more of a surprise to experience something, regardless of the setting the next game Larian is out to develop Baldur's gate 3 for me was very unpredictable to begin wtih given my oblivious manner towards the game.

With sincere regards Xenonian.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Xenonian
If you overanalyze the game obviousbly you ARE going to find flaws and issues, but I feel like the positives heavily overweight them all.
Hi! No need to be defensive. It is great you enjoyed Baldur's Gate3 and I hope you will continue exploring what the genre has to offer. Even is some of us nitpick (or downright dislike) some of BG3 aspects, don't let it detract from your enjoyment of the game.

L
L
Pick up the older games, you might like them as well. smile

T
journeyman
journeyman
T
Yep, I loved it too. I've already bought BG2 and the last two Divinity games in a sale, although I've got a big stack of games to get through before then. Hoping to see Larian's earlier work, and also how the older Baldur's Gate game did it. I hope my computer is capable of running it :hihi:

Link Copied to Clipboard