Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
C
So I have heard that originally it was intended that you should be able to save Keteric Thorm and recrut him as an companion,
that would make the story even more intresting, so please Larian, if some modders can make it possible, so should you.

Anyone agree or disagree?

B
old hand
Online Content
old hand
B
No, not this again ... such Daft Urges gave us the dog's breakfast of recruitable Minthara or Halsin ...

Larian already made it possible before things shifted and changed around, so no I'd disagree with this there are more important aspects of the game that needs focus than needlessly rehashing what they've already done few years ago.

veteran
veteran
Yeah, I tend to agree with the others. Ketheric is an interesting character, but he has a full arc in act 2 and somehow, I would fear to cheapen him, if he stays.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
S
old hand
old hand
S
I also can't imagine that tying into the story well. There's no drive for him to feel remorse and want to actually fight the absolute

B
old hand
Online Content
old hand
B
Originally Posted by Silver/
I also can't imagine that tying into the story well. There's no drive for him to feel remorse and want to actually fight the absolute
But ... but ... I Can Fix Him! I'm The One to make him Good! [sniffles in Girl]

Last edited by Buba68; 04/08/24 02:53 PM.
A
old hand
old hand
A
Imagine the family drama of having Ketheric, Isobel and Aylin in camp. And poor Squire who's a wreck because her family doesn't get along!

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Anska
Imagine the family drama of having Ketheric, Isobel and Aylin in camp. And poor Squire who's a wreck because her family doesn't get along!
Aylin would probably lock him up in a magical circle and kill him every day to resurrect him for the next one.

A
old hand
old hand
A
I admit to reverse-pickpocketing all the correspondences between Ketheric and his wife and daughter into Isobel's pockets, I hope that gives her some closure and allows her to remember the man her father was and not what he later became.

veteran
veteran
1 from a D&D lore point of view he isn't just dead... its well beyond what a scroll of rez can fix
2 Larian makes yet another late dev change = fuck no

please just fix the bugs or at least stop asking them to make more

Luke Skywalker: I don't, I don't believe it.
Yoda: That is why you failed.
T
T
Originally Posted by Anska

It's bad enough having Wyll and his... associates at camp!

F
addict
addict
F
I'd happily trade K for I&A in camp.

Maybe formally make K a camp caster, unable to trust himself to leave camp (and would be attacked on sight outside of camp anyway).

His training could also aid in rolls to attempt domination of the Elder brain.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by FreeTheSlaves

Maybe formally make K a camp caster, unable to trust himself to leave camp (and would be attacked on sight outside of camp anyway).

Who is the I in I&A? I assume A is Astarion?

I did a bit of thinking about Ketheric joining camp:

I would see Ketheric in camp a bit like Loghain in DAO. Yes, he probably has a lot of interesting stuff to say - Loghains insight during Return to Ostagar was pretty good, especially if you also take Wynne, who can ask some questions, the pc can't ask, because they weren't there as long as she was. Minthara could be the Wynne of this situation. On the other hand, I really can't see that working. There are five people (if you recruit everyone possible) in camp, that would be very likely to attack Ketheric for what he has put them through: Aylin, Jaheira, Halsin, Minthra and Isobel. Though Isobel might be able to forgive her father.
I guess, if Larian had implemented to Ketheric as camp follower narrative, then you probably would have gotten some downside aka DAO (where you loose Alistair, who might at that point be your designated tank). In this case, you might loose one or more of the above mentioned characters. I really can't see Jaheira, Halsin or Aylin forgiving Ketheric and work with him. Isobel and Minthara might be.
I think, Ketheric would have made sense in an evil playthrough, maybe instead of Aylin. Since they teased more stuff for evil playthroughs with patch 7 and right now, you loose a lot , if you go full evil. Ketheric could bring Z'rell and Balthasar along maybe to make up for the loss of Wyll and Karlach.
But that is just speculation. I really doubt, there will be more companions for evil playthroughs tbh at this point. This is more, how I think, it could have been implemented from the start.

Doctor Who
T
T
Originally Posted by fylimar

Isobel & Aylin, I assume. Presumably for an evil playthrough (do Isobel & Aylin come to your camp if you play evil? I thought at least one would be dead...)

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Trantion
Originally Posted by fylimar

Isobel & Aylin, I assume. Presumably for an evil playthrough (do Isobel & Aylin come to your camp if you play evil? I thought at least one would be dead...)

Sorry, I didn't even realise, you meant Aylin, stupid of me oops. I'm honest, I never would give up my Selunite power couple, but it would make sense on an evil playthrough, as I stated above.

Doctor Who
F
addict
addict
F
You can always not let Isobel and Aylin join the camp regardless of party alignment, there's dialogue for that.

For sure, K and A should not stand each other, Jaheira too. Just like Minthara and Halsin ought to have done. Would've been nice to have some mutually exclusive hard choices.

I'd definitely pick a whiplashing JK Simmons over the others mind. Easiest choice.

addict
addict
There is a way to just have Aylyn in act 3…. She is bitter but will still fight for you.

Link Copied to Clipboard