Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
NeeraWM Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I have recently started my first BG3 game, escaped the nautiloid and levelled up to Level 2.
Recruited Shadowheart, levelled her up too.
Now, every time I press F5, I get the "Unconfirmed character changes were not saved" red message in the middle of the screen.
Furthermore, when I do a regular save, the game tells me someone is editing a character (this is a single-player game).

What should I do to solve this?

Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Does the problem persist if you save and reload the save game?

If so, then it's definitely worth reporting to Larian as a bug, but I seem to recall I came across something similar a while back and it fixed itself after I'd reloaded my save.

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
The usual typical question besides sending in a bug report would be asking what mods if any do you have installed, can troubleshoot by turning them all off and one at a time try turn each back on to check if the problem persists to identify a possible mod related issue causing it, in which case you'd have to report it to mod maker too which unfortunately in most cases is a hobbyist who may or may not have the luxury to be as responsive as one who has it as a full/part time job to work on the game.

Hope you get it solved.

addict
addict
I get this message all the time when I do my obligatory quicksave before doing a levelup.

veteran
veteran
I get that when I save right before or after I used the mirror or Withers. Normally if you reload, it should be gone.
But the question, if you use mods, would be useful.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
NeeraWM Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Sorry everyone ... I was without electricity for 8 hours! Will check the game ASAP but to answer the important question: I do not use any mod, this is vanilla BG3 Patch 6. First game ever!

apprentice
apprentice
I get it a lot as well with no mods loaded.

May the Force be with you
old hand
old hand
I get it from time to time, especially after long rest, but it alswyas goes away by itself at the next save/load

Last edited by ldo58; 26/08/24 07:02 PM.
journeyman
journeyman
I had this bug whenever using the mirror (always fixed by loading), then when Minsc joined, and once more when the party reached Max Level/maximum XP.

Link Copied to Clipboard