Next Thread
Print Thread
#947974 25/08/24 11:55 PM
C
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
C
This is something that bugged me. If this addressed already sorry I am new to the forums.
Anyways the contract Wyll states he is to go after the heartless, and his handler says Karlack has no heart.

This is not true..... yes Karlack's biological heart has been taken out but the machine replacing her heart, functions like a heart plus perks. Therefore Karlack has a heart. The contract does not say the entity in question must have its original heart, but one without a heart. Since Mizora is clear of "heartless" is the lack of a heart and not heartless as in a cruel person to homicidal maniac.

So Mizora is the one breaking the contract not Wyll
Wish my character can bring up that little fact.

S
old hand
old hand
S
That's not really a fact, though... In the most literal sense, she is heartless. A machine can replace the function of a heart, but it is not a heart in the philosophical nor biological sense. A man without legs and the best prothesis in the world still lost his legs. They are not "new legs plus perks" in any rigorous sense.

Heart
"a hollow *muscular* *organ* that pumps the blood through the circulatory system by *rhythmic contraction and dilation*. In vertebrates there may be up to four chambers (as in humans), with two atria and two ventricles."

Hearts are by definition organic and a muscle. A devil would know that much.

B
old hand
old hand
B
Karlach is heartless from a certain point of view ...

stranger
stranger
Devil contracts are meticulously crafted pieces and any vaguery in the contract is by design. Heartless from a biological perspective is just enough vague to encapsulate Karlach in the fine print. Is how I see things.

Link Copied to Clipboard