Next Thread
Print Thread
S
Shigidy Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
It is my first run of the game. I am about 20 hours in, in act 1. I started a Durge run in order to get "the full experience" of the game, trying to be good bard, and I am planning to do an Oathbreaker Paladin Evil Durge run as a second playthrough.

I am a type of gamer who is very much motivated by the plot, meaning if I know what is already coming, I might lose motivation to play. For that reason, I am afraid my second Evil Durge run won't happen, and I do want to make it happen, so my question is - how different is the Evil and Good routes of Durge runs? Will it feel like a completely new experience plotwise? Or maybe I should consider playing one of the origins instead as a second playthrough?

Just to be clear, the only reason I am not restarting as Tav right now is because I don't have a lot of time for gaming - about 1-2 hours each night (at the cost of sleep). So going back feels like a really harsh punishment after the hours I invested already.

Tav compared to The Darge Urge to me felt like playing two different games, The Darge Urge to me feels more fleshed out and reactive to certain points of game, like its the DLC we never had.

Comparing The Darge Urge good and bad sides of a run however only feels different in Act 2 and Act 3 depending on the choices you choose to pick which are durge related, so if you can get past Act 1 you should definitely try both good and bad side!

Not going to spoil anything but if you want to experience all sides of The Dark Urge, two runs are pretty much essential!

old hand
old hand
I ran a "resisting durge" to the end. (patch 6) It was good, after the normal Tav run. A totally different history opens up.
Then I tried the bad durge, but had to stop halfway act 2. It was just too bad.

Just try it. Stop and try something else if it doesn't work. I think that's what the game's designed for.

Last edited by ldo58; 23/09/24 08:05 PM.
veteran
veteran
understand that bad can be just i want $ or it can be super sicko, murder kids and gut their mum... if you take the 2nd option yes things get very dark

Luke Skywalker: I don't, I don't believe it.
Yoda: That is why you failed.
W
stranger
stranger
W
Playing the evil route will be very, very different. Certain companions will leave and/or die as well as several NPC if you choose the most "evil" choices you can make.

Last edited by Winters0075; 24/09/24 09:24 AM.

Link Copied to Clipboard