Next Thread
Print Thread
M
madelin Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
M
we have got thru that gate and down to next dungeon, presumably to chase uncle kwixfix (or somethg like tht) who appranrently has this summonging book we need (the one that tells us the attacking strategies of the monsters etc)

The problem is we have been around all the east side and got to a locked door going to the west side we cant open. there is also a stone locked chest there as well

some help with this plzzz cant find how to open this gate

Thx lots

Maddy

stranger
stranger
You can't open that chest for now. There's an involved rigamarole to get to it later but I found it too complex and never bothered. On the North wall near that door to the West is a lever that will open it.

M
madelin Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
M
errr... i did find a lever next to a "hole" (up on the north side) in the wall but doesnt seem to do ne thg, i will go try that again, maybe keep 1 char next to door while 1 uses lever.

thx

Maddy

M
madelin Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
M
i thk i need to find uncle nixfix or somthg like that to get this book

can u tell me how to find him plzz

thx

Maddy

stranger
stranger
He's in the center of Pipes Level 1. BTW, you can get to the West side of Pipes Level 2 by entering from the Northwest corner of Pipes Level 1.

T
stranger
stranger
T
Hello Campers. Going to re-hash this question, and it's also in regards to figureing out the drug quest, and that really hard to locate Summoning book deal.

Ok, here's the story. I've gone ahead and talked to every ghost I can in any effort to get fixflat...err whatever his name is to spill some beans about the book. nadda... Went over to Tipsey...(ok, I can't remember their names) and he did'nt have any added information about drugs, or the book. I've followed (and I hate using walkthroughs...) the directions to the letter and still can't get into that one section where the book is to be found. So far I've talked to every ghost (several times) and did everything I could think of.

Is there a work-around for this? Granted I'm about ready to reach into the screen and slap the two imp's silly for being useless LOL. Or is there an exact 'order' to get this part to trigger?

I've checked the posts here using "search" and did'nt find anything to usefull, just the stuff I've already tried. Also using the latest patch..Game runs flawless...Just stuck at this quest.

All Best-

S-

Support
Support
So you visited the library and talked to Antopar, who lent the book to Belehram who gave it to her son Dolehar the drug addict? You should only need to talk to Dotharhar, though. After that Tax should give you the key to the room his uncle Nixfix locked so you can enter that part of the maintenance tunnel to get the book. I take it you have already talked to Tax and his uncle a few times? Try entering the locked room in Nixfix' quarters, and see if that triggers the speech option, or if you were already given the key but missed the dialog.

Did you talk to Dotharhar in or near the component clerk's room? He tells you an imp may have the book. Reloading a save at the start of the summoning test, he was the only one I needed to talk to about the book before being able to ask Tax about it and get the key.

Last edited by Raze; 21/10/04 06:46 AM.
T
stranger
stranger
T
humm...now that you mention it I'm not sure if I found that stinker in my wanderings. I'll see if I can find him and get that scene to trigger.

Thanks hehe

S-

T
stranger
stranger
T
Ok, now I'm really up padoodle creek.

I've gone to this "supply room" where this person is supposed to be. The two main people are there, but there is no sign of good ol' harhar there. Unless of course..he/she is the green blip I see just a touch south of that room, where of course...ya can't go. Looks like a severe game glitch. To place this 'trigger' charactor on the other side of the brick wall?!?!

(I've gone through and talked to everyone on that level...The only one currently missing is 'harhar' and I think I know where he/she went)

After going through 6 game save files...each one shows this 'green blip' just on the other side of that brick wall.

So can I panic now....or wait until later? LOL

S-

Support
Support
He should start off on the inside of the room. There is a problem with alt-tabbing the game that can shift character positions.

Are you comfortable hex editing? You could place one character on the other side of the wall to talk to him, then have the other character take the rope down to the maintenance tunnel (bringing the first character back into the normal play area).

Teleporting anywhere (via hex editor)

T
stranger
stranger
T
Almost makes me wonder if I can "alt-tab" the little snotball back where he/she belongs. hehehe..

I'm very guilty of alt-tabing, as my computer keeps a running set of log files in the backround for several forums I work with. I'll see what I can organize.

All Best-
Steve

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard