Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#328189 17/02/06 08:10 PM
Pinty Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
when your playing... you know the camra fullows your charicter, so you dont have to use the mouse the scroll along the screen rite? some times it buggers up and my charicter stops being chased by the camra and i have 2 use my mouse to fullow him/her... is their somthing iv pressed to enable this?

Two words us guys hate! Dont & Stop. Unless you put them together ;-)
#328190 17/02/06 09:05 PM
Support
Support
[color:"orange"]is their somthing iv pressed to enable this?[/color]

Yes, Caps Lock. Enabling Caps Lock (or holding down the Shift key) allows you to move the screen focus away from your character (to see or be able to toss stuff further), but you would not want to leave it like that permanently (it can cause the screen focus not to follow your character after using stairs, etc in addition to having to manually move the screen focus).

#328191 02/03/06 04:24 PM
apprentice
apprentice
lol that didnt work for me... ended up being a corrupted savegame
thanks to a recent chat to npc freeze

#328192 02/03/06 05:57 PM
Support
Support
What you described in your other topic certainly sounds the same. The game must unlock the screen focus on cutscenes, to move around to whoever is talking, and that was carried over after the game froze and you restarted.

If Caps Lock wasn't enabled, then the game must have stored the screen focus status somewhere, so it was unlocked the next time the game loaded. This may have been saved in the dynamics folder ('..\Divine Divinity\Run\Dynamic'), which the games uses as a cache. In that case, deleting the files could have fixed the problem without needing to do a full reinstall.
Files are created / copied to the dynamics folder from the save game folder when you load, and written / copied from that folder when you save a game. The files will be re-created as required the next time you start Divinity.

If you have the patch installed (or you bought a re-release version that was already updated to 1.0034A, as shown in the bottom right corner of the main menu) and reset the configuration files after the crash when prompted, the dynamic folder should already have been cleared. In that case the screen status must be saved somewhere else, and reinstalling was probably the easiest way to fix it.

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard