Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#65315 25/05/03 07:24 PM
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I bought the game yesterday and when i installed i got two decompression errors. The installation would still continue, but when starting a new game it would crash to desktop. As i wrote down wich files couldn't be decompressed i tried decrompressin them manually from the cd. It were the following files:

-divine divinity/run/static/heroes/warmB.bic (77.994.356)
from warm.rar (cd2)
-divine divinity/run/dat/sound.cmp (165.325.592)
from sound.rar (cd3)

I tried bringing the game back straight away, but as it was on sale i couldn't exchange it so i'm stuck with the game without those two files. Did anyone have this problem, or does anyone know where i might be able to get them.
If someone would be willing to send the files via msn, my msn adress is mg_domingo@hotmail.com or if anyone else has another idea i'm listening.

#65316 25/05/03 07:28 PM
Support
Support
Try a different optical drive, if you can. Try extracting them manually. See;
Troubleshooting and Manual Install Procedure

#65317 25/05/03 07:38 PM
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
That was the first thing i tried after running the game, i copied the .rar from the cd to my harddrive and tried manually to extract it (i have winrar3 etc). However from the warm.rar only A,C,D,E could properly be extracted while warmB could not, the same goes for the sound.rar from cd3, where sound.cmp could not be extracted.

#65318 25/05/03 08:09 PM
Support
Support
Does the place you bought it from have any display computers? If so, they should be willing to try either installing it there or trying to extract the files. If that works, you might be able to copy them to a CD-RW disk, if not, they should have to admit there is a defect in the disk, which will probably require them to at least exchange it. There aren't any scratches or scuffs on the CDs, are there?

If not, do you have access to a different computer you could try extracting the files on (hopefully one with a CD-RW drive)? 75 and 160MB might be a tad large to email. Again, if two different computers can not extract the files, the place where you bought it would be hard pressed to claim it was a software issue.

#65319 25/05/03 08:14 PM
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I'm can't try extracting the files on another pc till tomorrow, but i hope it will work. However if it doesn't the trouble with returning it was that i bought it very cheap at a local pc store that closes it's doors this week, so it was on my own risk to buy the game. But if i can get it to work it will have saved me some money.

I also checked the cd for scratches but i saw none. And indeed sending 250mb over mail is a tad large, that was why i was hoping that if i couldnot properly extract it somebody knows another way to send it to me, perhaps via msn.

Last edited by Al_Ghouti; 25/05/03 08:16 PM.

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard