Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Emperor Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
This partially grinds my gears due to the point which is missing. Your about to complete the game. What's the exact point on giving overpowered items AFTER i enter HoE? All players generally complete with their builds/equipments before they enter anyway. So why not just scatter those items around and make them a secret that is hard to found in all of the map? See, Larian, this game has EXCELLENT puzzles, you could just partially give those items to the solvers of specific puzzles, or something else. Or what about the major boss Baal? Why not EVEN change that (Unique) sword which drops from Baal to (Epic) quality? I mean, what's the point of putting those items at the hi-end of the game? It's like, i'm killing Divine, and he drops a sword which gives 500-1000 damage but you can't use it because you're done with the game. Laughable. In dragon age it was so aswell. That dwarf merchant's son Sandal just pops out of frigging nowhere JUST BEFORE your gonna fight the endboss. Come on, was it like that in other great games? You "go" to your town when you want to and get your stuff when you want. And that concludes it. Are they kinda developer jokes or something? Hah. Thanks for reading my whining.

veteran
veteran
RAEG, eh?
Anyway. bhaal drops UNIQUE items too. You can save right before final blow.

X
journeyman
journeyman
X
I don’t know your gaming experience but there are a lot of inexperienced whining kids out there. This way they could buy potions and enchant some weapons prior to final battle in Dao or get some armor in this game.
I didn’t like stats on those items.

Emperor Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Originally Posted by Kein
RAEG, eh?
Anyway. bhaal drops UNIQUE items too. You can save right before final blow.

I meant: why does not he drop (Epic) quality, not Unique.. :P

veteran
veteran
It is not related to game's plot and particular enemies, I guess. It's just a great drop from high-leveled enemy which is only Bhaal and Divine.

stranger
stranger
I don't get your comparison, I didn't get any amazing items from Sandal in DA:O at the end, just a chance to restock, so I don't see how its relevant.

Secondly, all the unique and epic items I found on my run weren't as good as my enchanted Scorpion Set, so I didn't really mind.

veteran
veteran
DA:O.
Well, you know... it's Divinity2 forums and we're talking about Divinity 2 here.
UNEXPECTED, isn't?

old hand
old hand
Sword that does 500-1000 damage?! Me wants.

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard