Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Diff_1 #404709 30/01/10 08:41 PM
S
stranger
stranger
S
I actually had the gems on me when I talked to him the first time but he didn't notice then so I figured I had to go get the gems someplace so I went to that cave with the Patriarch and got the gems, came back, and he still didn't notice. Of course! He's blind! Well, that's the best answer I can think of anyway.

Smidgy #404740 31/01/10 04:39 AM
D
D
Hmm can't say all I know is there was a lot of various dialog before he even mentioned the spell he knows and the needed gems for him to be able to see again.
Did you mind read him, think he at least gives you a stat or skill point or 2. Get something out of him at least.

Windows 7 pro 64 bit
EVGA X58 motherboard
6GB of OCZ DDR3 memory
watercoooled i7 920 @ 3.8GHz (4+4 cores)
EVGA (Nvidia) GTX 275 graphics
Creative X-fi elite pro sound card.
Diff_1 #404811 31/01/10 10:32 PM
S
stranger
stranger
S
what cave was the blind guy in. I got the gems and cant remember where he was

stryker #404869 01/02/10 05:39 AM
D
D
He's not in a cave, he is on a cliff on the center area as you come in from the valley.

If he could see he'd be looking right at your battle tower out in the distance.

Windows 7 pro 64 bit
EVGA X58 motherboard
6GB of OCZ DDR3 memory
Diff_1 #405686 09/02/10 06:29 PM
S
stranger
stranger
S
Discovered you had to get the quest from Beatrice at High Hall and you get malachite gems as a reward. You have to use those gems to give the blind guy back his sight. It has to be those gems no matter what you have in inventory. Annoying but true.

Smidgy #405693 09/02/10 07:52 PM
D
D
I gave him his sight before I even went to high hall or even took down the barriers, might be a bug of some sort as others have said he does not even ask for any gems sometimes.

Windows 7 pro 64 bit
EVGA X58 motherboard
6GB of OCZ DDR3 memory
ACSS #405711 09/02/10 11:31 PM
stranger
stranger
1 gem - High Hall, second quest dungeon - check malachite vein in the same room where demon is (do it before you will transform into dragon)

Originally Posted by ACSS
Has anybody able to locate the malachite veins in well cave at high halls, which Kein mentioned in the earlier post? I tried searching the area before running into the flying demon, but I cant seem able to locate it. There are couples of iron ore veins around but didnt see any malachite vein.

I'm beginning to think that one doesn't actually exist. I searched for it multiple times in that quest with multiple characters and I've never found it.

Diff_1 #405716 10/02/10 12:06 AM
Anyone find that malachite deposit in well cave? Seems kein was the only one you said one was in there.

30johner #405738 10/02/10 08:38 AM
D
D
Nope never found it, there are some other veins that gave me some malachite ore and other mixed ore in that cave. Maybe that is what the person was talking about.

I've seen this elusive malachite vein mentioned in a walkthrough as well but the person doing the walkthrough said they could not find it either.

Does not matter really as there are plenty of Malachite gems around I had 13 left in inventory when I finished the game. There's only a couple good enchantments that use them for level 10 enchantment and quite frankly the difference between level 9 that does not use them and level 10 that does is not much.
For how rare they supposedly are it should be a greater difference IMO.

Windows 7 pro 64 bit
EVGA X58 motherboard
6GB of OCZ DDR3 memory
Diff_1 #412209 07/05/10 06:33 AM
G
journeyman
journeyman
G
If your patient, saving and reloading you can get 3, twice got 4 gems at every site. Red Ore mine, Patriarch Cave, Lost Tomb. This takes time and patience but if you want them, they are there to find. 2 from Lamotte, one from the sleepers if you want to waste XP, 2 from the merchant in Orobas Fjords, 2 from Beatrice in High Hall and then the ones you mine. Sould be able to get at least 24 or so. Used a bunch and had 7 left over, so you should be able to find plenty.

grannyct #412825 17/05/10 08:14 AM
B
stranger
stranger
B
I found the veins in the well cave in my first playthrough smile
I'll do my best to explain it so everyone can find it...

Walk about half way up the ramp, on your left you will see a big rock in teh middle of the screen.
Now the goal is to get on that rock, the 2 veins are behind said rock.

Support
Support

Thanks. I think I looked everywhere but there...

If you walk up until you get to the far end of a dragon skeleton on your left, you can jump up onto the rock by the hip bone, and then onto the next higher rock to get over to the malachite veins. The next rock on the left edge of the path past the hip bone is an easier way (as far as jumping) to get to the vein, but make sure you jump diagonally to it (forward and left); if you try to walk up to the rock, and then jump left, you can easily trigger the cutscene there (IIRC that is why I missed the veins; I had already reloaded so I could search the place, and the second time getting the cutscene it didn't seem worth reloading again for the small area left unsearched). Oh well, I still ended up with a couple dozen malachite gems.

Welcome to the forum. wave

Raze #412888 18/05/10 01:33 AM
journeyman
journeyman
A couple of dozen...whoa.....I thought I did good with 16...I'm heading back to the well cave..yeeha....I did get a "4" out of the one, Raze mentioned, on the cave wall in the "waterfall" cave, ( I think ). All the others gave 3...

Thanks for the tip, BobMaster...I'm off to the well...cave that is...

qiote #412890 18/05/10 02:39 AM
journeyman
journeyman
Too late...once you've finished it, the cave in ended it..no more gems from the Well Cave for me.

qiote #412891 18/05/10 03:40 AM
V
apprentice
apprentice
V
Good thing everyone else can get them so easily. I never got any malachite gems from the viens i looted. Plenty of ore sure...but no gems. >.<...maybe I just need to redo the game all over again, since they are essential to the high lvl enchants. I got ore out the arse, of malachite and all other kinds. I found everything here useful but its really luck of the draw from what it looks like on most of the drops.

Oh well, hopefully I'll find some, getting good enchants would be nice.

----
Cause I've done the Battle Tower and everything, it's mine finally and finally got dragon form. I found the blind guy for the quest, but be a bit until i get the ore I guess to finish it.

Last edited by Vaelth; 18/05/10 03:42 AM.
Vaelth #412892 18/05/10 04:27 AM
Support
Support

If you save before running the crosshairs over a malachite vein, you can reload until you get at least one gem. Two are not terribly hard to get and three are can be found if you are patient or lucky; four are rare, but possible.

For what it's worth, I only used malachite gems for healing auras (the rest I stuck to level 9 auras, as they have almost the same effect, but only require relatively common ingredients), so could have easily gotten by just with gems that could be purchased or had from quests.

Vaelth #412894 18/05/10 04:31 AM
B
stranger
stranger
B
I also found an extra vein which not many people seem to know about.
It's about the place where you have the 3 pedestals with the red/blue/dark books, the vein everyone finds is in the back right corner near the pedestals.
The 2nd one is, when facing previous vein, directly behind you at head height.

I had no luck in finding a vein in the high hall cave, so it's highly doubtfull there actualy is one, maybe one of the venom veins had a malachite gem once or they mistook an emerald for a malachite.

Last edited by BobMaster; 18/05/10 04:35 AM.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard