Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
Shocker Offline OP
OP Offline
S
I think that some of the video problems are caused by the Physx engine, my game had some choppiness, so I tried increasing the video detail to max and clicked all the buttons, helped but my XP machine with a 8800GS and a 19" widescreen LCD still played the game perfectly and my Win7 with a GTX260 and 22" widescreen LCD was still a tiny bit choppy, so I tried installing the newest version of Physx, as soon as I did this and restarted my game the machine was crashing every 5 min and artifacting something terrible, so I undid the changes and will put up with a little stutter, mind you it is little, but I thought I'd pass this along

Z
journeyman
journeyman
Z
So overall ur saying that Physix for nvidia cards may cause some stuttering? I am using an oced 8800gts which hold the game nicely on high with fps around 40 but stuttering is all over the place. Could you tell me what version of Physx ur using so I might try and see if it helps?

S
Shocker Offline OP
OP Offline
S
this is what it says
http://s246.photobucket.com/albums/gg106/oldmartian/PhysX/
then I installed 9.09.112, but nothing has changed, and I have restarted it
went back to playing my game and it is crashing a lot again, stuttering and choppiness is worse, and the sound is breaking up too

Last edited by Shocker; 22/01/10 07:16 PM.

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard