Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#403607 23/01/10 06:25 AM
S
Shocker Offline OP
OP Offline
S
I'm in the battle tower and ready to take on Razakel, and after that Laike, I'm lvl 16,I was considering seeing how fast(lack of lvl's) I could get to the final battle, but I am reconsidering, can I beat Razakel and Laiken at lvl 16, I'm not sure that I can win the final battle if I am less than lvl 30, what do you think??
I did manage to beat Amdusias at lvl 12, and that took a while to do, I now have the Battle Tower, Laiken and Razakel are no more, lvl 16
I just beat Ba'al at lvl 28, actually went into the room at 27, during the fight I became 28 and the reward made me 29, Allens Brew DID NOT WORK

Last edited by Shocker; 25/01/10 07:44 PM.
Shocker #403626 23/01/10 07:21 AM
old hand
old hand
Just give it a try then you know. But well I can tell you this, if you decide to challenge the final battle below too under level, you probably miss out a lot skill points and stats points, unless you can stand it by ignoring mobs that attacks you non stop while you searching the area, for example in the flying fortress for items and just kill only their generals.

ACSS #403642 23/01/10 10:06 AM
S
Shocker Offline OP
OP Offline
S
that was the point, how weak(lack of Stat and Skill points) can you be and still win, the highest I have managed to get is Lvl 34 doing all the quests I could find, and I was wondering, what the lowest lvl you can be and win

Last edited by Shocker; 23/01/10 10:07 AM.
Shocker #403669 23/01/10 12:36 PM
S
Shocker Offline OP
OP Offline
S
and the main storyline you do not need to kill the generals, you do not even need to take out the Red Hammer clan

Shocker #403729 23/01/10 10:16 PM
apprentice
apprentice
I think it all depends on your skills and attack and damage res...

Syler #403746 24/01/10 02:52 AM
S
Shocker Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Actually the real problem is I need dragon skill points, when I go back to Broken Valley to get the key so I can enter the mine and get the Sigil, I get creamed

Shocker #403786 24/01/10 10:22 AM
old hand
old hand
I kill the generals for the ulthring pieces :-D, as I found they are useful. You can blow up the red hammer tribe, as they only provide you with mobs exp. Only if you decide to turn in the quest to the harbor commander, you get the quest exp. You can also skip those wanted quests by not turning in those rings and items of prove. I will try during this run through to fight the final battle maybe around lvl32- 33 to see how it can turn out to be. With the latest patch, differences between difficulty modes are differ by a lot more when comparing to the older version.

When I was lvl35 on my 1st run through, I had around 72 skill points after re-skill. You can already see by it that almost 50% of the skill points obtains are either from books and mind read, or quest rewards. So if you decide to go under level too much, you had to ignore attack from surrounding mobs to perform search on items in the area, which is very consuming unless you has extremely high hp and hell lots of potions to spam. And it can be very irritating as well in situation like this.

Last edited by ACSS; 24/01/10 10:26 AM.
ACSS #403822 24/01/10 03:42 PM
S
Shocker Offline OP
OP Offline
S
yes I can see that, went back to an ealier save, before I enterd the Battle Tower, and went back to Broken Valley and completed a bunch of quests, came back at lvl 16 and what a difference! almost at the fight with Razakel and it will be a breeze, but to beat Amdusias at lvl 12, that was a fight!!!, something they should have a award for

Last edited by Shocker; 24/01/10 03:43 PM.
Shocker #403928 25/01/10 07:58 AM
old hand
old hand
Amdusias is all bout luck on surviving his explosive arrow only, and which difficulty mode you are playing. If you are on older version, the difficulty mode wont affect the game too much, which is from what I notice before updated the game.

I tested on him with high difficulty mode, and he basically ko me instantly with explosive arrow even my ranger is at lvl14, 1 level higher than amdusias, 250+ damage, even I had close to 40% range defense. So to survive this 1st blow, either I had higher hp or stun him first then take cover somewhere beside the blood pool, which his arrow coulnt reach me, if he didnt move his position. Then can slowly take him down. He will still use his explosive arrows whenever he can, so just cant let guard down even level higher than him.

If you just feel depress on cant defeating him, just tune down the difficulty, but it will lack challenge if you do that. Taking the challenge is much more fun than just go through the game and finish it just like that.

Last edited by ACSS; 25/01/10 07:59 AM.
ACSS #404033 25/01/10 06:10 PM
S
Shocker Offline OP
OP Offline
S
I found that if I approached him and got my creature to attack him( what a trick that was) get by him and jump behind the blood altar, do not attack him doing this, stay away from the altar, far back as you can, so you don't get killed by his blasts, pop out hit him with magic blast and hide FAST, took a while but I did it

played the game on hard, found that it was more challenging to play at normal and see how low a lvl you can be defeat the bosses

now I'm trying to kill Ba'al at lvl 27, died 10 times so far, just getting the key from Amon was a trick
OK, beat Ba'al, went into the room at 27, during the fight I was 28 and the reward made me 29, off to Aleroth

Last edited by Shocker; 25/01/10 08:09 PM.
Shocker #404142 26/01/10 07:51 AM
old hand
old hand
Well that basically is the fun part of the game. No point to beat the game in condition where 1 hit ko all mobs. Killing what many claim invincible is like an achievement. I like the high difficulty mode after patch. All range projectiles and magic will have homing capability and it make the game even more challenging, as many previously complain magic attacks are just too easy to evade. Mob hp pool also greatly increase compare to before patch.

ACSS #404167 26/01/10 12:37 PM
S
Shocker Offline OP
OP Offline
S
I need to ammend/change some things I said,

1. Allens brew, on one of my restarts, I didn't take the brew and did win, didn't realize it was still in my consumables till later

2. I thought that I was playing the game on normal dificulty, it is on easy, probably one of my restarts where I went farther back to lvl up some more

3. have been trying to win in the Hall of Echoes for the second day, make it to Laiken and Razakel, getting killed there, 7 opponents, and a holstered weapon, really bad, plus you stop to fire your weapon, but I think that the key is taking out the 5 Memory eaters first, no matter where you are you are next to 2 all of the time and they pummel you

4. if I am having this much trouble now, then I doubt that it is possible to beat the Divine in Ygerna's memory at less than lvl 30

Shocker #404271 27/01/10 05:51 AM
S
Shocker Offline OP
OP Offline
S
I have finally finished the Hall of Echoes Arena, I am now lvl 30, going to the final battle, but to be honest, to beat the Divine and Zandalor at this lvl looks nearly impossible, at this point I really wish that it would be possible to go to the Battle Tower and restock a few item

Shocker #404299 27/01/10 09:15 AM
S
journeyman
journeyman
S
Hm. Well, I was a Warrior, and I killed the Divine without touching him, by using a level 11 Firewall spell. It took out most of the Champions, I had to solo a few, and my level 9 Demon and my creature holding off Zandalor and some more Champions. After killing all the Champions, I went and took down Zandalor.

But actually, I went around looting the room as my Demon and Creature were keeping him busy in the corner.

"Never Try, Never Fail."
SoulWing #405845 11/02/10 04:33 AM
S
Shocker Offline OP
OP Offline
S
been busy, just got back to the game and defeated Zandalor and the Divine at lvl 30, actually the Hall of Echoes was harder

Shocker #445405 09/06/11 05:15 PM
D
stranger
stranger
D
I am level 30. I can't beat Laiken and Razakel in Hall of Echoes arena. Should I first attack the Dream eaters or the two of the them? I use the Summon Ghost level 10(because he heals me) and my creature for defense, and Fireball level 10 and thousand strikes level 5. Laiken (or maybe Razakel) uses the spell that inflicts around 1500 damage to me, and that is an attack that i can not evade.

domi1-2-3 #445410 09/06/11 07:35 PM
Support
Support

Level 30 is a little low. Do you have any saves from before you entered the Hall of Echoes?
If you left anything unfinished you might want to reload and go do that first. You should still be able to do the Hall of Echoes at level 30, though, it just will not be as easy as if you were another couple levels higher.

From the dragon sections of the Hall of Echoes you should be able to return to the battle tower and adjust your enchantments, add charms, etc. The teleporter there will be disabled, though.

The Hide in Shadows skill might help, though at level 30 I don't know if you could rely on your creature and summon to do much damage (they may at least act as a diversion). A Stun Arrow, or possibly a Rush Attack, or something, might let you finish them off before they can hit you. I think it is Razakel that uses the instant magical attack, but it has been awhile since I played D2:ED, and I am not quite up to that point in DKS.

I think you will have to go after Laiken and Razakel first. The longer the fight lasts the more chances they have to hit you with the 1500 damage spell. I was level 36 at the end of D2:ED, so the arena fights were not terribly challenging, and I could take out the Memory Eaters first.

If you're playing DKS, there was a bug where certain opponents could have over-powered attacks.
The patch will prevent this problem, but unfortunately if it has already occurred in the save it will not undo it. However, if you email your save to support@larian.com with a description of the problem, they can fix it for you.

One person who ran into this problem (with the PC version) used CheatEngine to fix their health until they got past Ba'al (someone mentioned that Steam may have a problem with the use of CheatEngine, though, even with a single player game). A couple trainers were mentioned in the topic Horrible trouble with platform jumping (there are probably versions for D2:ED, as well).

Where's the trick to Ba'al?

[Not Sure if Bug][Spoilers]Killed Instantly

See Lar's post here on how to send them an Xbox save.

With the PC version, in XP the saves are in the folder

C:\Documents and Settings\ %username% \Local Settings\Application Data\Divinity 2\Savegames

or in Vista / Win 7

C:\Users\ %username% \AppData\Local\Divinity 2\Savegames

You may need to set Windows Explorer to show hidden files and folders (XP, Vista, Win 7).

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard