Next Thread
Print Thread
#407846 03/03/10 11:22 AM
C
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
C
im going to make a new char a archer im going to do my stats were 2 levels stat points 3in agil 1 in vit and every third level ill do 2 in wisdom and 2 in int would that be a good build also what skills should i focus on i intend on getting a summon and charm

veteran
veteran
2 in wisdom??
wisdom is a Skill, not a stat... I can't follow you ...

But if you choose a Archer, the skill "Ranger Stealth" is fun, I find wink
And give Dexerity (agility) enough points so you can use the best bows you can find ... 15 points is enough I think. The same for Strength if you wish to use most of the melee weapons.

Intelligence is also a good thing set points in.
And "Poison Arrow" you get from the beginning (if you choose "Archer") is also fine to use always if you can (not so a long cooldowntime)!

Success!

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
enthusiast
enthusiast
Seems a good general rule to make a DEX Ranger Level Up 2 DEX, 1INT, 1 STR is the MAIN focus occasionally put one or two in Vitality and Spirit, and you will have a killer Ranger!!! rpg008

Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.
M
stranger
stranger
M
I didn't bother with INT, if you use bows with high ranged damage then pump DEX, if you want to use bows with high magic damage then pump INT.

I put most points in DEX, SPI, STR and VIT.
Just make sure you keep Explosive arrows maxed at every opportunity.
Poison arrow is OK early on but useless later because it is a fixed increase which does not scale.
I always concentrate on skills which offer a percentage increase, ie Ranger strength as this will always scale up as you level.

At 25 I hit for over 2200 with EA. It's such fun to watch whole groups of mobs all fall over in formation rpg008

Migs #407877 03/03/10 01:58 PM
enthusiast
enthusiast
Is Explosive Arrow NOT Magic Damage???
Likewise my Fireball at lvl 25 will do the same!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! devil

Last edited by Dragonbane; 03/03/10 02:00 PM.

Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.
apprentice
apprentice
Explosive Arrow damage, as far as I know, is not Magical. It is not boosted by any stats. That is why Splitting Arrows is almost always a better Area of Attack skill. It will be boosted by Dexterity if Dex Ranger, or Intelligence if Int Ranger. Plus weapon damage too.

C
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
C
Originally Posted by Joram
2 in wisdom??
wisdom is a Skill, not a stat... I can't follow you ...

But if you choose a Archer, the skill "Ranger Stealth" is fun, I find wink
And give Dexerity (agility) enough points so you can use the best bows you can find ... 15 points is enough I think. The same for Strength if you wish to use most of the melee weapons.

Intelligence is also a good thing set points in.
And "Poison Arrow" you get from the beginning (if you choose "Archer") is also fine to use always if you can (not so a long cooldowntime)!

Success!

not wisdom i ment spirt lol sorry i was thinking about the skill and put it there by mistake lmao

thanx for help every 1

K
stranger
stranger
K
Originally Posted by Alvin
Explosive Arrow damage, as far as I know, is not Magical. It is not boosted by any stats. That is why Splitting Arrows is almost always a better Area of Attack skill. It will be boosted by Dexterity if Dex Ranger, or Intelligence if Int Ranger. Plus weapon damage too.

So what does boost Explosive Arrow at all?
Ranger Strength?
Way of the Ranger?
Anything else?

Last edited by Kobal; 15/03/10 09:02 AM.

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard