Next Thread
Print Thread
L
Losse Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
L
When you respec is it only skill points and not stat points?

And, i guess if u cant change stat points you could sort of respec to a different class depending how stat points are distributed?

If anyone answers this and knows, is it possible to make a dex warrior type?

Oh also, would a mele ranger be gimp?

Last edited by Losse; 04/03/10 09:28 PM.
Support
Support

That is correct; skills can be unlearned and the points redistributed, but stat points can not.
If you just got your battle tower, then you can still adjust you stat distribution as you progress; before then it is easier to alter your build (cleaning up before the hall of echoes, I've go something like 35 unused stat points, and have not used any charms).

You can make a high dex warrior, or a mixed stat and class character. A ranger should be able to do ok in melee combat, especially if you have a couple spare skill points to invest. Playing a dual wielding warrior, I started combat for the first part of the game with a bow (without investing in any ranger skills) and found it quite handy though to about the half way point (after that I mostly used it for breaking crates, etc).

L
Losse Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
L
So if i eventually turned my ranger into a warrior, err, would the only gimp part be a wasted point in
poison arrow, or when i respec does it remove everything even the point from poison arrow?

I was messin around with a sword and the move this char does in mele are pretty cool smile

But i really dont want to start over, just wanna play through 1x.

Cause if it would work out, i could start putting more points into str/vit now and ease back on the dex.

Support
Support

At the end of the game I had 39 unused stat points, and in principle could have easily switched to a ranger or mage.

I usually had a few spare skill points throughout the game, so one in Poison Arrow is not going to cause a problem. Actually, before getting the battle tower, I put 3 skill points into the encumbrance skill to be able to carry more loot, which was unnecessary (you don't need to keep common plants/rocks that are not required for healing potions, or enchantments you might use, etc), and those 'wasted' points were not an issue.

Before the battle tower you can easily switch classes. My warrior ended up with about 50 strength and 25 dexterity.

L
Losse Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
L
Thanks you rock

L
Losse Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
L
Oh also, how many times can i change spec?

veteran
veteran
You can respec as many times as you can afford, but each time you do, the cost goes up. But by the time a respec is available, you have lots of free money* by sending your runners out to get Diamonds and Malachite Ore.

*It may run out if you stop leveling up and have no merchants left which have gold, but that will take a LONG time.

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard