Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
C
Hi, I am stuck ad could like to ask for help (please!)

I have my tower and broken valley is not poisonous gas. I need a town to sell and buy things at – this is difficult without the ability to sell stuff off for cash and potions. I am sending my runners but they take a while and need better equipment, but I don’t have the cash. Is there a town somewhere?

I turned into a dragon and currently in a cave battling some real baddies and it’s a long slow process without a town to stock up at ! I have my runner getting me diamonds – but I have no where to sell them ? what do I do?

stranger
stranger
I had the same problem, u can sell stuff to grim on ur necro platform or u can take out barabus and then the eagles nest, it is pretty easy, just use the portal on the cliff for the eagles nest...not sure if u have to take out barabus or not before eagle nest? Hope that helps? Then u can sell items to the bad guys u are kinda keeping hostage...this is all in fjords by the way

If it ain't broke don't fix it! If it is, throw it away!
C
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
C
Thanks. What did you mean by "use the portal on the cliff for the eagles nest" what portal is this? I should have mentioned - I am mnot the best at these sort of games, so I sort of need baby steps hehe

Oh - a different question, just got locked in a room with Ba'al and this is certain death....any tips here?

Edit - ok, skip the second question - i am level 24, I guess I should just level up.

The portal on the cliff - when you say to use it....use it to go where? Eagles Nest is not an option. It's the clif or my tower - nothing else? I can go to the cliff's, turn into a dragon and then vnture into Broekn Valley...where I am now trying to fight Ba'al....Is there someting I need to accomplish to unlock the Eagles Nest ? Thanks !!

Last edited by Crimson Ghost; 07/03/10 11:43 PM.
Support
Support

You can sell stuff to Sassan in the master's chambers in the battle tower.

If you fly out over the water from the start of the fjords, you should see a bunker high in the mountains behind some anti-dragon shields and defenses. That is where you need to get to lower the barrier and disable the shields (a couple traders in there, as well, after they surrender).
You can either use a teleporter to get up there (IIRC it may be on a high cliff nearby just across the water from the bunker), or I think you can find a spot above the anti-dragon shield where you can transform and drop down.

The teleporter pads in the fjords are either fixed, or have a couple of options for their destination (which you set from a control panel, usually right next to the teleporter). There are also a couple of the regular teleporter shrines in the fjords, which have the full list of available shrines.

C
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
C
Originally Posted by Raze

If you fly out over the water from the start of the fjords, you should see a bunker high in the mountains behind some anti-dragon shields and defenses. That is where you need to get to lower the barrier and disable the shields (a couple traders in there, as well, after they surrender).
You can either use a teleporter to get up there (IIRC it may be on a high cliff nearby just across the water from the bunker), or I think you can find a spot above the anti-dragon shield where you can transform and drop down.

The teleporter pads in the fjords are either fixed, or have a couple of options for their destination (which you set from a control panel, usually right next to the teleporter). There are also a couple of the regular teleporter shrines in the fjords, which have the full list of available shrines.

Thank you, this is helpful – admittedly I forgot about Grim ! Sassan is basically out of money (as am I so I can’t buy stuff from her to replenish her cash).

Is Fjords the Cliff portal that I can access from my Tower? If I go straight from that portal I go into Broken Valley (where Ba’as is currently kicking my butt) if I go right from the portal and over the water, I did find a few anti-dragon shields. I killed everything there and walked the beach to kill the stragglers. So the portal and bunker is above that? (oh, behind the left most shield is where I cleared the Imp infested cave). I’ll check it out tonight after work – just left me know if I am in the wrong place.

On one of the cliffs there I found a blind guy who asked me for 2 malichite gems – I only have rocks? There was a portal buy him that was not turned on yet – I assume it will be if I ever find two gems.

Thanks again for the help !!

Support
Support

In addition to the teleporter shrines that there were throughout Broken Valley and Sentinel Island, there are also teleporter pads in the fjords that just go to specific locations (either to one other destination, or to several, which you can select, possibly after reaching the other teleporter). These new type of teleporters are all called 'Camp' something, and there is one near the blind guy. I believe it will be disabled until you lower the barrier from the bunker.

The cliff portal in the fjords that you can access from the tower is called the Grand Knight Shrine. Over the water from there is where you need to get to (the bunker is high up in the cliffs behind the anti-dragon shields.

There are 3 malachite gems available in broken Valley, one from a quest (with the 3 sleeping people close to Bellegar's shrine in the bandit area) and 2 could have been purchased from a merchant.
There are 2 malachite veins in the depleted ore mine, at the bottom (near the 3 pedestals that have books on them). If you save before running the crosshairs over the vein, you can reload until you get a malachite gem (2 gems is not too hard, and 3 is possible if you are patient; 4 is rare, but also possible).
In High Halls (available along the path past the mine after you get the barrier down) there is a quest about the well which will give you 2 malachite gems. If you mindread the person and confront her with what you discover, the reward will become 4 gems. On the way there you will encounter a traveling merchant; if you hit the trade button you can buy a malachite gem, which is unavailable if you enter the trade window from the dialog option.

Malachite gems are required for all level 10 enchantments (I stuck with level 9, as there is no great increase in effect considering the rarity of the gems), and any healing aura enchantment (which was the only level 10 enchantment I used). There are about 26 total in the game, assuming reloading at the few malachite veins.

C
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
C
Raze you rock ! thank you for the assitance !!

stranger
stranger

In addition to the teleporter shrines that there were throughout Broken Valley and Sentinel Island, there are also teleporter pads in the fjords that just go to specific locations (either to one other destination, or to several, which you can select, possibly after reaching the other teleporter). These new type of teleporters are all called 'Camp' something, and there is one near the blind guy. I believe it will be disabled until you lower the barrier from the bunker.

Actually, the telepad by Eagle's Nest has a working control panel. I believe they operate only if you have the receiving telepad and sending telepad selected for each other.

apprentice
apprentice

Hi Raze,

I have been looking for the Black Ring soldiers in the 'bunker' to disable the anti-dragon barriers and trade with. I have been looking for two days now and I must be missing something as I can not find that bunker. I have looked as high as I could fly, as far as I could swim(as deep also) and walked.

I have finished a quest for Crabbe and accepted another, got a quest from Simeon. I met a girl named Laura looking for riches, Cadby, Lister and the two sisters with a ring and a dead body. I visited Yggdragsil and went as far as I could go in the Sinister Cavern and Primodial Cave. I killed every little (p.i.a.) Imp until a barrier stopped me and I could swear that the Imps on the other side of the barrier were sticking their tongues out at me and laughing. I'm going to torch their little butts(I'm not sure if Imps have asses or are just all ass) and then I cleaned out the Depleted Ore Mine.

I died several times in all out frontal assaults on the ballistas and nests trying to work out my frustration at not being able to find one lousy bunker with a bunch of levers and two Black Ring thugs. I would suggest they drop their prices to the price of a penny stock before I get there.

I still have not been able to find that bunker. I did find what looked to be a complex of buildings above where those Imps were hiding behind the barrier past the ore mine. I can't get to those Imps until I get the barriers down. I also killed some Black Ring soldiers who were patrolling a beach. They didn't seem to want to talk.

I have tried flying above the barriers with the hope of just dropping in unannounced but no luck there and walking did not work.

Your help would be highly appreciated to locate that bunker.

Kel

"Time is a honest judge and a relentless master ..... Use it well or regret it later."
journeyman
journeyman
map of orobas fjords

you need number 8 location here wink

Last edited by LithStud; 24/03/10 01:18 PM.

"Wisdom outweighs any wealth." Sophocles
Support
Support

The bunker is above where the ballistas / nests were, and the beach with the black ring soldiers.
You need to get to Camp Eagle's Nest, using the teleporter at Camp Sentinel View, which is on the west side of the island in the middle of the channel.

Welcome to the forum. wave

G
Ger Offline
stranger
stranger
G

"Sassan neither particularly likes nor dislikes you..."

What the heck, I brought her back from death!!!!! wink

Support
Support

Perhaps she resents getting stuck in the battle tower again with another master?

apprentice
apprentice
^
Thanks LithStud

I have the same guide and it still was no help as nothing near '8'
said anything about a bunker. I tried to fly in there so I could
drop down after reading a post by 'Raze' but I still could not see
the bunker. I also could not find an area to fly high enough to
get over the barrier. There must be a local civil aviation flight
height rule in effect. I did find the bunker after some flying in
that area.

The bunker stands out like a sore thumb and Larian gets a thumbs
down for the way they hid it. I had to have been within say 500
feet on at least ten attempts and could not see it. Once you find
it you sure can't miss it.

The Bunker is a pivotal beginning point in the Orobas Fjords area.
Players need to learn about how the areas teleports work and how to
shut down the barriers. I don't know if the other barriers all shut
down the same way but I'll find that out along the way.

==========>>> Spoiler Alert <<<==========

Easiest way in for me was via the 'Sentinel View' teleport. I found
that by flying near the island and it was easy to drop in to. The
teleport took me right to where I wanted to be. The bunker is huge
and the color should make it visible even standing at the Grand Knight
Waypoint Shrine. The problem should have been in how to get there not
how to see it.

Kel

"Time is a honest judge and a relentless master ..... Use it well or regret it later."
apprentice
apprentice

The bunker is above where the ballistas / nests were, and the beach with the black ring soldiers.
You need to get to Camp Eagle's Nest, using the teleporter at Camp Sentinel View, which is on the west side of the island in the middle of the channel.

Welcome to the forum. wave

^
I just had to find out what a Quick Quote Reply was like.

Thanks for your earlier post:

If you fly out over the water from the start of the fjords,
you should see a bunker high in the mountains behind some
anti-dragon shields and defenses.

I remember the anti-dragon shields and defenses very well from taking
my frustration out on them before the barrier was down. I died alot
but I did some damage before dying and then I actually read your post.

A big "Thumbs Up" to you and 'LithStud' for your help!!!

I wish they would standardize smilie codes and coding for the whole web.
My thumbs up that works on other sites wouldn't work here so I gave you
a Canadian Red(Maple) thumbs up.

Kel

Support
Support

You're welcome. rpg003

Type up with a : on either side to get up .
If you hit the 'Switch to Full Reply Screen' button at the bottom of the text edit box, there is a smiley toolbar button which will bring up a list of what is available (click one or hover the mouse cursor to see the UBB code).

apprentice
apprentice

You're welcome. rpg003

Type up with a : on either side to get up .
If you hit the 'Switch to Full Reply Screen' button at the bottom of the text edit box, there is a smiley toolbar button which will bring up a list of what is available (click one or hover the mouse cursor to see the UBB code).

===================================

Raze, thankyou

I must of been temporarily blind or ... sleep ... to not see it on the toolbar.

I would say that it like the Bunker in that it is right there in front of your eyes.

Kel

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard