Print Thread
#408899 14/03/10 09:55 PM
G
guy2012 Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
G
I am completely stuck in Kali's floating fortress looking for the 10 piece scorpion set. I have found leggings, ring, gauntlets, cuirass but the other six items are nowhere to be found. I've looked for tips but none of them point to the actual location of the remaining items. For instance some guides say that the necklace in on the "northernmost island." No it isn't unless it's in the chest I can't open because I have no lockpicking skills. (This is despite my skills window, the one with all the skills icons says I have 127 skills points which cannot be applied.) I have even downloaded maps with the locations of the scorpion set but after visiting every single island, can't find the things. I've been working on this issue for four days now and it's getting discouraging--so much so I'm about ready to give it up and go on to another game. Can anyone help?

guy2012 #408901 14/03/10 10:35 PM
journeyman
journeyman
[Linked Image]

when looking for a set pieces start from the bottom islands and go around than go one lvl up. Final 4 pieces is on the main island, also start from the bottom and go around wink

Last edited by LithStud; 14/03/10 10:36 PM.

"Wisdom outweighs any wealth." Sophocles
LithStud #408907 15/03/10 01:04 AM
G
guy2012 Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
G
No good. The map doesn't help at all. I've been to all the spots on the map. There are chests I can't open because I have no lockpick skill points and have no idea how to get them this late in the game. I guess if you don't get them in Farglow, you are screwed. Are the Scorpion Sets IN THE LOCKED trunks? If so I give up.

guy2012 #408917 15/03/10 05:21 AM
D
stranger
stranger
D
You should have a book in your inventory called "History of demons" or "Demon History" or something like that... Adds 5 points to skills... and yes, the scorp items are in the locked chests.

GL to you and yours.

guy2012 #408921 15/03/10 05:32 AM
Support
Support

With the PC version there are left and right arrow icons below each skill icon to add skill points, after which you need to hit the 'apply' button in the bottom right corner of the skill window.
For the Xbox version, in the skill list hit A to show the skill description, and A again to apply skill points; when you hit B to exit you are given the choice to apply the points (A) or cancel (B).

How did you get 127 skill points? Unlearning all my skills near the end of the game I ended up with 76 free skill points...

Raze #408926 15/03/10 07:05 AM
journeyman
journeyman
I think he were talking about stat points (as you mentioned there is no way to get that many skill points).

Also if your already allocated all the skill points, just go back to Battle tower training circle and buy "unlearn all skills" from skill trainer

LithStud #408989 15/03/10 09:20 PM
G
guy2012 Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
G
If I unlearn all my skill points, can I then get lock picking skills? Or better yet, is there a way to get that skill this late in the game?
Thanks for your help.

LithStud #408990 15/03/10 09:29 PM
G
guy2012 Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
G
OK, so I unlearned skill points and all it did was double the price each time I did so and all the skill points remained. I don't get it. I'll look for the demon book.
THX

guy2012 #408991 15/03/10 10:19 PM
journeyman
journeyman
ermm when you buy unlearn all the skill points are reseted so you can assign em to skills, how to do that read what Raze wrote.

LithStud #409049 16/03/10 08:02 PM
G
guy2012 Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
G
As I said I unlearned and I did not have an option to add lockpicking to my skills. Raze was talking about something else entirely. I am talking about the skills screen with all the skill ICONS, none of which can be applied. I have written to Larian but they haven't written back with any solutions. I mentioned that lockpicking can apparently NEVER be learned after one leaves Farglow and it would be nice if some defeated enemies had physical lockpicks. This is part of the game that suffers from lack of planning, in my opinion.

guy2012 #409051 16/03/10 08:15 PM
Support
Support

The Lockpick skill can be learned at any point in the game (it can not be upgraded at the trainer, though, since the maximum level is 5, which is available from the start). No physical lockpicks are required, just the skill.

Can you not add skill points to a skill (using the arrows under the skill icon), or can you add them but not apply them (using the button in the bottom right corner of the skill window)?

Raze #409057 16/03/10 11:13 PM
journeyman
journeyman
ok, Just to be clear smile and also so we would be sure you really invested skill points into lockpick

these steps show skills assigning on PC game version smile
Step1, if you have available skill points you will see this arrow (im pointing with mouse), press it to increase skill level
[Linked Image]

Step2, after you finished assigning points two buttons appear in lower right corner hit "Accept" to save changes
[Linked Image]

Step3, the confirmation window will pop up, hit "Yes" and your done smile
[Linked Image]

Last edited by LithStud; 17/03/10 10:18 AM.

LithStud #409074 17/03/10 08:21 AM
veteran
veteran
Good and clearly done! smile

And interesting too .... I was always thinking the xbox-version is more complicated to do such things as accept skillpoints, but now I see this, the xbox-version is for me more simple and great in USE!!
Now I see this .. I'm happy I planned playing on xbox ... smile
(to be honest: I specially buy my Xbox for playing Divinity II biggrin)

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
Raze #409206 18/03/10 08:08 PM
G
guy2012 Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
G
You were right. It was easy to apply the skillpoints once I found the little arrow things next to the skill, something I missed from the git-go. Thanks for your help. Now, just one more thing: Where in the world is the Scorpion Helmet? I know it is in the, "mid-level northern platform" but after three days and revisiting every trunk and box there, I can't find it. I need some landmarks. Any more help?
THX

LithStud #409207 18/03/10 08:11 PM
G
guy2012 Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
G
Thanks again for your help. I missed the little arrows next to the skill. You were of great help. Now, can you give me a couple of landmarks for the Scorpion Helmet? I've been all over the northern platforms and revisited every box, barrel, and chest but can't find it.
THX
Guy

guy2012 #409339 21/03/10 11:30 AM
well, if you use a trainer it is possible to get more skillpoints smile
Not sure if that's illegal though.

The Question isn't how
The Question is when
and the answer is now

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard