Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Joram
Each person have a meaning, it's okay wink

For me it is okay people going crying (like a baby) because of the "ending" and Oooo poor man/woman he/she was spending all their time on playing a game with such and **** ending like Divinity II have !!
I think, this is what Niner says first ... Sorry Niner if I'm wrong smirk ...

Yes that is what I'm saying. I'm just making fun of all the PEOPLE crying over a game because they seem to not like a GOOD ENDING when it presents itself.

Sorry I'm NOT a woman so CAPS LOCK DOES NOT MEEN THERE IS ANY EMOTION.

veteran
veteran
wink but Niner, there exist "an unwritten rule on forums" that using CAPSLOCK is the same as
SCREAMING ! SHOUTING !
So other people go thinking you're angry or your're rude / impolite ... smirk

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
journeyman
journeyman
ROFL!!
This is the first forum I have posted on I'm not familiar with UNWRITTEN rules smile.
I don't mind being called rude... I kind of am.
To me caps lock tends to have people look at it because it STANDS OUT. :P
So I was making the point stand out is all.
Now I know.

A
veteran
veteran
A
I'm naturally using THIS HERE as a way to put emphasis on words.

PLUS I use the this and this, too. Not to mention in rare cases this,

the "problem" is that I'm much more fine-tuneing the ways I'm putting emphasis on words through these methiods than most other people do.

Since I'm more sensitive than the majority, I'm actuall sensing slight and not-so-obviously-detectable differences much better than most people.

Others accuse me of misuse of other things as well, like I always put the space key before and after some things : This for example. ( I often write this way as well ! )

People have tried to tell me how to write. I ignore them. Not out of arrogance, but just because I prefer my own unique style of writing. wink

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
S
S
I enjoyed the game a lot, played several characters, got ditracted with some work and just came back, see there will be a sequel, can't wait- BTW, the ending was a let down, but if I can get some Vengence in FoV, ALRIGHT

veteran
veteran
I FIND the ending fantastic & original ... and even more great WITH the upcoming Flames of Vengeance !

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
A
stranger
stranger
A
My copy was a gift, so instead of not caring much for how the game ended.. I'll just kick my friend in the butt, and demand he get me the sequel.

Overall, the game was really fun.
There was enough built-in frustration to make me feel that giving up would be stupid.
some of the quests made me want to pull my hair out.
I would have liked to have seen at least a LITTLE variation in the faces of the people!
I know it doesn't take a whole bunch of effort to create a face!
Reminded me of a low budget school play, where the same kids have to play 5 different parts.
THAT was just "Cheapness" on the part of the developer.

But, If my friend won't get me the next game- I'd spring a few bucks to buy a used copy.

addict
addict
I kinda got past the faces and focused on the words.

L
apprentice
apprentice
L
I didn't really care for the ending either but it sounds like this is the 1st? or 2nd? game in a trilogy. If that's the case, I would look forward to the next game but I only purchased Divinity II Ego Draconis a while ago and didn't know of any of the previous games. I used to play the 3DO Might and Magic RPGs and thoroughly enjoyed them but have not played for a few years. Now retired so thought I would start playing again and this was my first game after a few years. What is the sequence of these games and what is the next game in the trilogy?

Support
Support

Divine Divinity was the first game, which followed the player character as he became the Divine One. You could play a male or female character, but for the purposes of the novella and later games the Divine One is a man named Lucian.

Beyond Divinity was the second game (set about 20 years later), following a paladin from an order set up by the Divine after DD to hunt down Black Ring members and necromancers, etc, and is set in Nemisis, the realm where Damian was exiled.

D2:ED is the sequel to Divine Divinity (I think 50 years after BD), and set in Rivellon again, so called Divinity 2, rather than 3.

Flames of Vengeance (FoV) is the add-on for D2:ED, which picks up seamlessly at the end of D2:ED and concludes the dragon knight's story.

The Dragon Knight Saga is a remastered version of D2:ED together with FoV.

Everyone has been assuming Larian's next RPG will be Divinity 3, but until today they have not revealed many details (see Status update for the initial comments, and Lar's post here for slightly more detail).

can someone sum up the story (spoilers for DD and BD, both of which are still available from Good Old Games and Impulse)

C
stranger
stranger
C
lol @ mojakabobo you rly seem upset about the ending .

1st off, thank god if hes payed for all the helpfull replies he provided us with. I found out allot of alternative side quest endings thanks to his and his replies only, so , thank you Raze smile . if i wouldnt like the game not even 40.000 posts would convince me to buy it .

Opinion from a non payed player ; the ending was fine.i wasnt expecting it & thats the most important for me.

id hate it so much more if it was another happy hoolywood ending with me and whoever holding hands and walking into the sunset .. seriously in this end i found out i was screwed , all the work was for nothing (if im not considering my 35-40 gained levels, cool and most fun quest & awesome landscape,invironment) - even more it helped my arch nemesis who (thanks to me) gained even more power and become even stronger, therofer even tougher for me to kill it . i failed my mission & he won :P if you cant deal with your character loosing in the end thats your problem lol .

way better than meeting a xx lvl him and removing him from the game forever . imho his character is way too cool & evil to just remove it for the sake of happy ending . Besides it would be kinda stupid listenining how powerfull he is for the whole game (if you meet a guy named damian, run??) , with his mighty army if we could just kill him in a matter of seconds ? that would ruin the game more in my opinion.

cheers .

addict
addict
Plus it is the middle game in a trilogy. Middle games in trilogies are supposed to have the "oh man, I am screwed" ending.

B
stranger
stranger
B
I think a lot of people here are missing the point, the thread starter was trying to make.
It's not about the unhappy ending per se, it's about the consequences of this ending.
I like unhappy endings, because most of the time, happy endings are rediculous and don't make any sense.

BUT: If an ending devaluates everything you have done up to this point, kills off everyone you have helped, than that's really not a good ending. A lot of people drew satisfaction and also some sense of accomplishment from doing these quests, helping those NPCs, playing the role they choose in this world, and the ending destroys it all.

The game actually mocks you at the end. It's telling you that everything you have done, everything you have accomplished up to this point, is meaningless.

And that's a really hard kick to the groin.

But let me put it this way: If Larian would have included a few lines of text, a few screenshots with the info in it, that the people you helped are save for a while, or at least better off, because you helped them, that your work mattered in some way, just not in the magnitude you hoped for, than this ending would have been ok.

I hope you understand what i'm trying to say here.
Unhappy endings, no problem with it, but obliterating your efforts in every way, is not a good idea.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard