Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#412466 11/05/10 05:17 PM
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Seeing as I am unable to set my screen resolution above 1240x800 without the game freaking out, and Larian Studios seems to have abandoned this version's issues, is there any way to get it to windowed mode? This would solve all of my graphics problems and make the game playable in dragon form since in full screen it gets too pixilated and blurry to see what I'm doing. It just doesn't seem like this game was tested on larger screens. Here is my computer:

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E8400 @ 3.00GHz (2 CPUs)
Memory: 3328MB RAM
Hard Drive: 320 GB
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GTX+
Monitor: 19in LCD Widescreen
Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.090206-1234)

All life brings death and all death brings life, this is the cycle of nature, a cycle that must never be broken.
Sirfrog0 #412467 11/05/10 05:26 PM
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
I pre-ordered this game and it is incredibly annoying that I am unable to get the game at its advertized quality even with its requirements as low as they are.

All life brings death and all death brings life, this is the cycle of nature, a cycle that must never be broken.
Sirfrog0 #412468 11/05/10 06:03 PM
V
apprentice
apprentice
V
My screen is the same size as yours and I don't have res problems. Try adjusting the settings in the audio/video options. I swore I saw a button for window mode when setting up the game.

Vaelth #412475 11/05/10 08:39 PM
Support
Support

I'm pretty sure there is no windowed mode.

There is another patch coming, though probably not too much before the add-on is released (about September). With changes, fixes and balancing still being addressed in the main game, the beta testing cycles for the patch and add-on may get combined, to save on time and resources. Microsoft in particular has limits on the size and number of patches for Xbox games, and I doubt PC publishers would be thrilled about having to redo the beta testing if a patch were released significantly before the add-on.

From the topic Blur effect:

Originally Posted by Gokyabgu
My friend, I had the same problem with you. Annoying sun effects and kinda blurry graphics on dialogs screen.

Your solution: In the options - graphics menu, if you go down with the arrow keys you can see lots of graphics options (which can be very difficult to find first time). Remove the tick from "render shaft lights" then puff annoying bloom problem is gone. If you want also sharp graphics in the dialogs, remove the tick from the "depth of field". Play & enjoy. opa

Raze #412486 11/05/10 11:32 PM
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
When I mention the blurring issue I was referring to the motion blur and pixilation mixing together during dragon flight, and I really do hope they release a patch soon that helps, here's a link to what my game looks like: http://screenshot.xfire.com/s/89973864-4.jpg it may look insignifigant but during flight it can get blinding and if I raise the resolution it just blanks out.
I also hope that the patch is not combined with the add-on so that I would have to pay to fix it..

Last edited by Sirfrog0; 11/05/10 11:41 PM.

Sirfrog0 #412500 12/05/10 07:07 AM
Support
Support

I doubt the updates in the next patch would only be available with the add-on.

Raze #412511 12/05/10 09:40 AM
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Thankyou for trying to help me, I'm sorry for seeming irritated and being a tad rude.. just been waiting for a graphics fix since the day of release lol

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard