Print Thread
#413151 24/05/10 10:11 PM
P
PAjdo Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
P
Hi.....I am stuck in the room where i killed a ghost and some skelletons an some people with weapons instead of hands and i pulled one something and chose a weapon and dont know what to do next....i cant pull the other something.....

PAjdo #413154 24/05/10 11:29 PM
B
stranger
stranger
B
are you talking about the top room in lovis' tower with the multiple buttons, if so, there is a room with fire that hides another button you must press. if this doesn't help i'm not sure where you're stuck at.

PAjdo #413157 25/05/10 12:18 AM
Support
Support

Do you have a recent save? It isn't a big deal, but when you lowered the 4 pieces of equipment on chains, a skill book (also on a chain) was lowered near the start of that area (out of sight from where you were). If you can, you may want to reload and get that instead of whatever you picked.

The door should be open if you keep going up the ramp past where you lowered the chains. There isn't anything else to do there.

Welcome to the forum. wave

Raze #413164 25/05/10 02:53 AM
S
S
I didn't know that, COOL

P
PAjdo Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
P
ty....the problem is i have a save game 3 hours of gaming before it....and i dont want to play that 3 hours again.....

PAjdo #413191 25/05/10 06:37 PM
Support
Support

There are enough extra skill books in the game that missing one (or several) isn't a big deal. I had spare skill points for the majority of the game.

Skill Books/Stat Books/Dragon Skill Books Complete

Raze #413205 25/05/10 11:28 PM
P
PAjdo Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
P
yeah....but how can i continue with the main quests if i dont finish this one????

PAjdo #413206 25/05/10 11:41 PM
Support
Support

Have you not gotten out of there?
There is a possible bug a few people have encountered in the PC version; sometimes when quick saving/loading indoors ladders can get removed or doorways sealed. If you notice this right away, then exiting the game, restarting and reloading the save should work normally, but if you don't notice and save again it gets written into the save file.

Missing ladders in dungeon...stuck inside!

If you email Larian about this (support@larian.com) they should be able to edit your save to put your character outside.

In XP the saves are in the folder

C:\Documents and Settings\ %username% \Local Settings\Application Data\Divinity 2\Savegames

or in Vista / Win 7

C:\Users\ %username% \AppData\Local\Divinity 2\Savegames

You may need to set Windows Explorer to show hidden files and folders (XP, Vista, Win 7).

Raze #413261 28/05/10 12:47 AM
P
PAjdo Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
P
this is bullshit I played all again.....and now i took the book and activated the second pedestal and no doors are appearing....

PAjdo #413264 28/05/10 01:27 AM
Support
Support

The door should be there from the start, and is not dependent on activating any pedestals or getting the chains lowered. Whatever the problem is, it appears to have occurred before your previous save.
Other than emailing Larian, you could try doing a clean re-install of the game, to see if there was a glitch or error reading some file during install, rather than a problem in the save file itself.

Raze #413266 28/05/10 02:32 AM
Support
Support

Oh BTW, I assume this time you saved before looking into the scrying stone?
If you bring the scrying stone back to the priest without looking into it, he will do so. That doesn't work out very well for him, but it will unlock the door at the base of Lovis' tower (by the lake shrine). Assuming the door isn't missing from the outside, as well, maybe entering that way will trigger the appearance of the door inside, so you would be able to get out again? It's worth a shot, anyway.

Raze #413293 28/05/10 02:01 PM
veteran
veteran
Hi Raze,

a question:
I read a time ago something about these quest:
if I bring the scrying stone to the priest without looking into it .. the priest go by himself? Right? But when I do so, the priest did nothing than walk outside the chapel!! If I try to go into the chapel and look the priest would do something with the stone .. nothing happens!! frown ...

Or must I go to the Lovis tower, and open the door at the base of that tower to trigger an "update for the Quest "Lovis Loot"???
If so, then I understood earlier readed tip in at the wrong way oops

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
Joram #413302 28/05/10 05:23 PM
P
PAjdo Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
P
can u tell me where the doors exactly are???should they be there where i fought the ghost or somewhere else??

PAjdo #413307 28/05/10 08:07 PM
Support
Support

Joram;
I thought the priest left to go to the church when given the unused scrying stone, and tested it there. Speaking to one of the people in the church would give you a quest to find out what happened to him, which would unlock the door to Lovis' tower dungeon. I didn't try doing the quest that way, though.

PAjdo;
No, the door is at the other end of the cave, away from where the ghost was. The top of the entrance to the hallway with the ramp leading up to the door is where the button is mounted to lower the chains. From where the ghost is, just head back towards the platforms, but go around them rather than jumping onto them, and the door should be straight ahead.
From the outside, teleport to the lake shrine, jump up a rock and you're pretty much right at the door. When I first cleared up to the main entrance to the tower, I tried jumping around the right side to get past the locked gates, didn't quite make it, and landed at the lake shrine (there were too many level 8 skeletons for me to take on at the time, so I teleporter out, and tried jumping from the left side of the main gate, which was easier).

Raze #413319 29/05/10 11:29 AM
P
PAjdo Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
P
ahaaaaa.....so thats the door....but what do i need to do when i get to the lake shrine to end the mission??

PAjdo #413325 29/05/10 03:39 PM
Support
Support

You can still bring the scrying stone back to the priest (outside the church in the village at the start of Broken Valley) who gave you the quest to complete it.

The lake shrine is not involved in the quest itself, it is just a fast way to get to that dungeon, or leave the area once you are outside. If you want to explore some more, or still need to go back to talk to Lovis, or whatever, you can wait to turn in this quest.

Raze #413377 31/05/10 08:40 AM
M
Chronicler
Chronicler
M
Originally Posted by Raze
Joram;
I thought the priest left to go to the church when given the unused scrying stone, and tested it there. Speaking to one of the people in the church would give you a quest to find out what happened to him, which would unlock the door to Lovis' tower dungeon. I didn't try doing the quest that way, though.

That is indeed what happens.

I am in blood
Stepp'd in so far, that, should I wade no more,
Returning were as tedious as go o'er.
veteran
veteran
I was confused, because after giving him the stone (without using the stone) the priest don't go IN the church, but walk and walk outsite the church .. so ... I was thinking I must wait until the priest go IN ...
And I try to go IN the church, expecting something should happen then (SEE the priest using the stone and disappear or something )... :hihi: ...

But finally I understand ...

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard