Next Thread
Print Thread
#766923 25/03/21 01:58 PM
I
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I
Playing a fighter with 16 STR and Dueling fighting style. Minimum damage wielding a one-handed weapon should be 6 (+3 for STR; +2 for Dueling; minimum 1 as lousiest roll possible). I am getting BS like 2 points; 4 points - REPEATEDLY BEING NERFED. STOP IT.

Cleric of Innuendo
Cleric of Innuendo
Are you fighting creatures with damage resistance?

veteran
veteran
I feel like Larian should really add damage resistances to the tutorial. May people, upon facing the Imps, have wondered why they're doing so little damage to them.

That said, you should still never be dealing 2 damage if 6 is the minimum raw damage. Check the combat log to see how damage was calculated and see how the damage formula is resulting in 2 damage.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by mrfuji3
I feel like Larian should really add damage resistances to the tutorial. May people, upon facing the Imps, have wondered why they're doing so little damage to them.

That said, you should still never be dealing 2 damage if 6 is the minimum raw damage. Check the combat log to see how damage was calculated and see how the damage formula is resulting in 2 damage.

+1 to the tutorial idea. You are right. A lot of people complain about damage calculations. I myself wonder sometimes about all the numbers that flash before me when someone hits me. I'll see several numbers spring up and wonder how I'm still alive if the enemy took that much off. There are times I've seen something like two 8's spring up but my character took only a few points of damage, so I figured some sort of damage resistance was applied and maybe one number was damage resistance.

Either way, it's confusing. A Tutorial would be nice if it doesn't already exist. Haven't really looked.

Funny. Never considered checking the combat log either. I'll have to do that in the future. Most of the time, I just assume it's correct and don't care.

S
addict
addict
S
Originally Posted by mrfuji3

yeah this is a really good idea. people who are not familiar with D&D and not familiar with these kinds of games might not be aware that resistances are a thing.

maybe there could be a pop up when you for the first time deal damage to a creature that has resistance to your damage, like the imps, that explains resistances to you.

veteran
veteran
+1 to a tutorial about damage resistance.

The first enemy you meet has it and many players will not know this.
You should also say that you can right click creatures to see information about them or do other things, like throwing enemies.

groovy Prof. Dr. Dr. Mad S. Tist groovy

World leading expert of artificial stupidity.
Because there are too many people who work on artificial intelligence already :hihi:
I
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I
I grok Damage resistance. But a Tiefling NPC shouldn't have it, and 6/2=3; not 2, so it's still wrong.

Link Copied to Clipboard