Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
I have read very few comments about the slow health and mana regen rates. This dynamic truly takes away for the game play for me. I often find myself waiting several minutes for regain full health/mana. I can not find vendors with potions and/or they dont replenish those potions. This game design feature is just about killing the game for me.

You guys "ok" with this slow health and mana regen rates?

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Tierborn
I have read very few comments about the slow health and mana regen rates. This dynamics truly takes away for the game play for me. I often find myself waiting several minutes for regain full health/mana. I can not find vendors with potions and/or they dont replenish those potions. This game design feature is just about killing the game for me.

You guys "ok" with this slow health and mana regen rates?

It gets better later on. By the way, the priest that gives the Lovis's Loot quest has quite a number of potions to trade if you have not bought them already.

M
Chronicler
Chronicler
M
Regen of health and mana goes faster if you increase your strength and intelligence respectively. There are jewels that increase regen speed and then there are of course skills such as Regenerate, Life Leech, Mana Leech, Mana Efficiency, Healing and Potion Efficiency that should in time make sure it becomes much harder for you to run out of hitpoints and mana very quickly.

I am in blood
Stepp'd in so far, that, should I wade no more,
Returning were as tedious as go o'er.
T
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
I love this community . thanks all, for the input!

journeyman
journeyman
I am having a hard time as well with this little annoyance .... I am happy to read that later on this becomes much less annoying if you make the right choices =)
I also agree with Tierborn about this community its awesome! we get lots of feedbacks and the Moderators help us alot as well! You guys are great smile

Support
Support

Early in the game food also speeds up regeneration (or at least did in D2:ED).

M
addict
addict
M
And Drinks speed up Mana regeneration.
Later on you can use skills to speed up HP regen or have spell cost less (or you can use drain).

S
journeyman
journeyman
S
I'd prefer no regeneration at all and more potions.

stranger
stranger
I liked no health and manna regen until you took the skills.

Barring items with the bonus.

Support
Support

There was always health and mana regeneration, it was just pretty slow at the beginning of game, before you boosted your stats.

journeyman
journeyman
Default of knowing where to post this question ill ask it here since we are discussing the subject! I have absolutely no clue about how to craft potions. I know its possible since i saw some merchant selling a recipe but im not quite sure how to proceed.... could anyone enlighten me on that please smile

Support
Support

In the Broken Valley village, check out the miller's cellar, after exploring everywhere upstairs...
The key to the cellar can be found in the kitchen...

at the bottom of a large pot; you'll need to remove some lettuce, IIRC, and potatoes to see it (stand close and look down).

veteran
veteran
I would prefer health and mana regeneration to none. No mana regeneration in Morrowind was really painful, and in this game relying only on potions would be really expensive and tedious.

What I do when I need to regenerate is to wait around in the start area of Broken Valley or Lovis' Tower and listen to the great music.

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard