Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
D
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
First off I know these games do have a certain amount of luck involved with them but I have to ask if this is really intended or I've been obscenely lucky.

The first part of the game seemed reasonable, I was doing all the side quests getting up around level 13 before visiting lovis, I'm one of those types that likes to do all the side quests before even touching the plot line, my general build was battle mage, main moves are whirlwind, rush, and magic blast, with lots of jumping around to get in rush range to avoid damage, pretty fun build.

I downed that viper guy and was loving his sword until I randomly looted some other sword that had a +30 damage enchant on it, and suddenly things became MUCH easier, instead of one or two mobs at a time I was taking on camps no problem. Around this same time I also got a Deadly Well-Crafted Light Steel Sword of Destruction, and since I was dual weilding I used both... that particular sword had a +50 magic damage enchant on it.

Then at level 14 I got Blood Echelon Sword... this thing had a +65 damage enchant on it... apparently the level 7 damage enchant... With this and the +magic sword I'm now pretty much unstopable... so I go visit Lovis' tower, and meet that Carlin guy, you know the guy that sells the 1H mace with 2 enchant slots on it for like 4k?

To top everything off I just so happen to have just the right enchanting mats to pull that 65 weapon damage enchant and 50 magic damage enchant on carlin's mace in one hand and the Orbas mace in the other with +40 spell damage on it.

My main question is: Is it anywhere remotely normal or intended for a level 16 to have 117-120 + (208-259) damage? I'm one shotting everything, it makes no sense.

I was going to post my stats at level 15 but I didn't decide to do it until like 2 kills away from leveling, and it seems my pet wandered off and killed 2 level 16s himself. Oh did I mention on him I've got perfect generic legs, perfect dragon elf arms, and a clean cut dragon elf head? His magic blast does more damage than mine. (I'll admit to loot farming the head from lovis' first chest, the rest was all just random drops, and the head was second or third reload)

I'm probably jinxing myself for the end game by posting this if it really is just obscenely dumb luck but that's not necessarily a bad thing because thigns are sooooooooooo easy right now.

old hand
old hand
yeah u may have gotten 2 the point in beguinning section of the game where your one hitting everythig but u wait till u get 2 the later stages u'll be very thankfull u had a good start 2 the game.

enthusiast
enthusiast
2 quick observations:

a) yes, the +20, +30, +40 damage enchantments on lower levels are way too overpowered. Larian already publicly stated they are over the top and they will tweak it a little bit on the next patch.

Knowing this, if you realy think those enchantments are broke and taking away your fun, i advice turning it to "hard dificulty" or just ditch the weapon with that enchantment, just dont use it for your enjoyment, the game gets more balanced in dificulty witout it.

b) You are still low level smile it gets harder later on, with some mobs even of lower level giving you a hard time if you dont play a more defensive "hide & seek" game.
Of course there are always the extremely skilled that come and say that its still too easy, but i honestly feel the game has a good dificulty curve, and you still have the hard mode smile

I was using dual wielding on my mage, with 2 +40magic damage weapons' enchantments and i was 1 shoting everything. in hard dificulty was OK, but the mobs were also giving me a lot of damage, so i decided to just go with 1hand+shield, with just 1 weapon using +40magic damage, and normal dificulty and it was more balanced. You just have to reach a setting you are confortable with.

Last edited by KnightPT; 12/11/10 01:58 PM.
journeyman
journeyman
Yea, it appeared to me that there are Tiers throughout the game where the enemies' difficulty increases significantly.

journeyman
journeyman
I think it also depends on your level. Devs most likely were applying general rule of thumb to every 'area'. You may just overlevel yourself by doing every little piece of a side quest and kill everything that moves in that area. I think if you complete 100% side quests and kill everything in the specific area you level up, most powerful weapons show up in the stores and you feel like game becomes too easy.

But that will happen only until you move on to the next area where difficulty increases. But then again some weapons are overpowered. I think instead of giving +40 +50 it should be +4 or +5. But then again when you move ahead to the next area it will feel underpowered. Its always a problem of a balance in games like this. But still, you want to feel heroic, you are a dragon knight after all. What is a few goblins or undead against a "DRAGON KNIGHT".

S
apprentice
apprentice
S
Originally Posted by KnightPT
2 quick observations:

a) yes, the +20, +30, +40 damage enchantments on lower levels are way too overpowered. Larian already publicly stated they are over the top and they will tweak it a little bit on the next patch.

Knowing this, if you realy think those enchantments are broke and taking away your fun, i advice turning it to "hard dificulty" or just ditch the weapon with that enchantment, just dont use it for your enjoyment, the game gets more balanced in dificulty witout it.

b) You are still low level smile it gets harder later on, with some mobs even of lower level giving you a hard time if you dont play a more defensive "hide & seek" game.
Of course there are always the extremely skilled that come and say that its still too easy, but i honestly feel the game has a good dificulty curve, and you still have the hard mode smile

I was using dual wielding on my mage, with 2 +40magic damage weapons' enchantments and i was 1 shoting everything. in hard dificulty was OK, but the mobs were also giving me a lot of damage, so i decided to just go with 1hand+shield, with just 1 weapon using +40magic damage, and normal dificulty and it was more balanced. You just have to reach a setting you are confortable with.

I am the one who created the post asking for higher difficulty but the truth is ... the problem is not that I feel invincible its just that monster die way to fast . When I asked for higher difficulty I had in mind to up enemys HP but not their damage cause I feel damage dealt are already enough .. I dont sens any feeling of epicness when its the first damage eale rwho win ..

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard