Print Thread
#425633 12/11/10 03:04 PM
H
Hellmet Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
H
One of the reason we get stuttering/skipping graphics its because (taken from Steam forum)

"The problem is that the game engine works at 64 hertz, and your screen refresh rate is usually 60 hertz (with vsync). This means you to lose 4 frames every second, causing the skipping effect."

Stand in front of some building and sidestep, not exactly smooth moving there...

Skilled coders has solved this 64hz issue in Oblivion/Fallout with Improved_GetTickCount..
http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=34832

As this game use the same engine, can the devs do this fix also?

journeyman
journeyman
Thats why this game has an option to balance FPS between multiple cores, or to lock it to just one core. Its not the best solution but it is a solution. I don't have any skippings, I use this option and I play on Extreme Settings with FPS set to 60. By default FPS is set to 30 and Frame balance is not enabled probably because a lot of people have less than decent computers.

G
apprentice
apprentice
G
Originally Posted by Dragomist
Thats why this game has an option to balance FPS between multiple cores, or to lock it to just one core. Its not the best solution but it is a solution. I don't have any skippings, I use this option and I play on Extreme Settings with FPS set to 60. By default FPS is set to 30 and Frame balance is not enabled probably because a lot of people have less than decent computers.

yep,im one of the people with a non-decent pc. its okay to play most games on but it sint the best anymore. (and for people saying buy a better pc: thats not always an option.)

so it runs 64 hrtz,well than i hope they will change that to 60 because losing 4 frames each sec sucks. (i have to run the game single core wich causes me to lose 15 fps but atleast the game runs smooth then.) so yea devs,fix it.

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard