Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#426028 13/11/10 04:12 PM
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
I think the title of the topic tell everything well
I ask the Larian Studio probalby in the name of all Fans who want to see if will exist a Divinity 2 Movie?
Divinity 2 Ego Draconis,Flames of vengeance,Dragon Knight saga have a very impressive and wonderful storyline,exactly what in novadays people love(take a look over Lord of the rings,Harry Potter)
Dragons,Magic,Epic battles,lovely characters all what a real movie film have need.
There is any chance to one day watch Divinity 2 in the Movie,or in TV?:D div2

old hand
old hand
Yeah seeing it made into a film would be a dream come true, well if it was done right anyway, the only problem is when games get made into films thing end up changing. Prime Examle of that would be Resident Evil thouse films are'nt remotley related the the actual story of the resident evil games thay are a pile of *BLEEP* what a major waste of space & money.

I would love to see a Divinity film but only if the people that make it stay true to the story & the charactors.

S
apprentice
apprentice
S
Yep and to find a studio that would fund such a project isnt easy task these kind of movies are REALLY expensive and the limited vision the game has right now and since larian is a independant studio I think that be really hard... But dont get me wrong that would be epic ! Exemple WOW is a worlwide game known from anyone on the gamign market and they will do a movie even though its taking forever but the compagnie can mostly fund their own movie so that not an issue ...

T
stranger
stranger
T
I would rather see whatever budget that film could get go into another Divinity game, as I would much prefer a 15 hour dlc expansion over a 1.5 hour movie. Possibly just letting us out in the fjords to finish all our side quests?

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Snutze
Yep and to find a studio that would fund such a project isnt easy task these kind of movies are REALLY expensive and the limited vision the game has right now and since larian is a independant studio I think that be really hard... But dont get me wrong that would be epic ! Exemple WOW is a worlwide game known from anyone on the gamign market and they will do a movie even though its taking forever but the compagnie can mostly fund their own movie so that not an issue ...

Well us divinity fans are just going to have to keep converting people to are cause, larian were nice enough to give us an epicley legendery game the least we can do as fans is get more peoples attention for them.

S
apprentice
apprentice
S
Originally Posted by Triple H
I would rather see whatever budget that film could get go into another Divinity game, as I would much prefer a 15 hour dlc expansion over a 1.5 hour movie. Possibly just letting us out in the fjords to finish all our side quests?

Actually the money wouldnt come form larian so it wouldn't have any kind of impact .... thats why I said that trying to find a studio that would be interest to find such a movie wouldnt be easy so it has nothing to do with larians budget for incoming game and personnaly between a 15 hour dlc and a movie im really unsure I think I would go with the movie anyway they call always do more games later

Last edited by Snutze; 13/11/10 04:58 PM.
T
stranger
stranger
T

Actually the money would come form larian so it wouldn't have any kind of impact ....

Sorry to post this, but did you mean wouldn't? If thats the case and Larian could convince someone to do it, by all means have at it. One option would be to go the animated route like Dead Space did, and provide a prequel or interquel or something. Just a lot cheaper, despite that there would be no amazing cgi Damian slaughter.

S
apprentice
apprentice
S
Originally Posted by Triple H

Actually the money would come form larian so it wouldn't have any kind of impact ....

Sorry to post this, but did you mean wouldn't? If thats the case and Larian could convince someone to do it, by all means have at it. One option would be to go the animated route like Dead Space did, and provide a prequel or interquel or something. Just a lot cheaper, despite that there would be no amazing cgi Damian slaughter.

Yep in fact that's a critical typo right there lol ... and yeah usually when a game is made into a movie pretty much what the studio does is selling intellectual rights of the story and background to a studio that will make it into a blockbuster . Now the crucial part is about how much liberty the game makers give to the studio to alter or modify the story and about how they will adapt it . Blizzard per example which is a powerful company hold most of the rights on their movie since its a blockbuster even before its release .. and they have the money ..

Last edited by Snutze; 13/11/10 05:02 PM.
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Anyone can tell me why Larian studio need to pay for the Movie?Larian Studio Sell the Story to the studio and the rights to make a movie...
Divine Avenger was right ,,Well us divinity fans are just going to have to keep converting people to are cause, larian were nice enough to give us an epicley legendery game the least we can do as fans is get more peoples attention for them.'' only on forum are more then 500 people all send an E-mail to the chosed studio like Warner Bros(they make the most of Fantastic/adventure films) with a request about Divinity Ego Draconis and they will listen.

S
apprentice
apprentice
S
Originally Posted by Amnariel
Anyone can tell me why Larian studio need to pay for the Movie?Larian Studio Sell the Story to the studio and the rights to make a movie...
Divine Avenger was right ,,Well us divinity fans are just going to have to keep converting people to are cause, larian were nice enough to give us an epicley legendery game the least we can do as fans is get more peoples attention for them.'' only on forum are more then 500 people all send an E-mail to the chosed studio like Warner Bros(they make the most of Fantastic/adventure films) with a request about Divinity Ego Draconis and they will listen.

I wrote a correction just above your psot we posted at the same time beside the problem is that ya need to find a studio then you have to make sure they wont destroye your story

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Amnariel

lol I like the way you think

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard