Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
J
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
J

I cannot play this game for one simple reason. The framerate is poor and inconsistent, all the time, regardless of resolution or settings used.

Even just using the free mouse look to slowly pan around for example, a room, even at a very slow panning speed it appears that on some fundamental level, the game simply does not render properly or consistently. It is as if it simply does not know how to properly convey movement in the scene. And its not a ground-breakingly beautiful scene either - at the very least it should run smooth.

You can pan at a virtual 1 degree per second (imaging very slowly turning your head around in a room) and it still stutters, it's Never smooth. It really breaks the immersiveness for me and I doubt it will ever get addressed, or even that people realize how unnaturally this engine seems to work on the PC. Some game development platforms are simply inappropriate for the PC and maybe this is one of them, I dont know, but I spent $50 hard-earned dollars on this game and it does not run well at all. If I was a total conspiracy theorist, I'd suggest that the game peformance on the PC has been purposely gimped, a lot.

Specs:
Athlon X4 635
Zotac 460 GTX 1GB
OCZ Ram 4GB
OCZ SSD 64GB

This graphical behavior is not occuring in any other games that I have played on this rig, including Risen, Crysis, Starcraft 2, COD MW2.

Please tell me this is not a new trend for PC games, gimping them all to justify unnecessary SLI configurations and so consoles can keep up. My rig is more than capable of running these types of graphics and technology maxed-out without issues.

S
apprentice
apprentice
S
there is a hotfix already for this I seted max frame to 60 fps and made it so that all core run at same speed if you have a good cpu problems are all gone ..

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Snutze
there is a hotfix already for this I seted max frame to 60 fps and made it so that all core run at same speed if you have a good cpu problems are all gone ..

Yup I did the same thing, works wonders.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by JoeyJoeyJoe

If I was a total conspiracy theorist, I'd suggest that the game peformance on the PC has been purposely gimped, a lot.

One of the worst comments i've seen on the forums lately. Are you actualy sugesting that larian made the game worse on the PC ? Like, on purpose to fail at something they've been working for years?

The game runs fine on the 6 PCs i've seen from 5 diferent persons that bought the game, ranging from a Crossfire 5870 setting to a Laptop with a 4850Mobile, going from a Core i7 up to a C2Duo mobile in default.

If you say you have a problem, try to contact larian and its technical support to sort it out, coming to the forums and trying to imply a company is doing it on purpose just because they dont like your particular setup when there are literaly millions of configs possible in the PC scene and virtualy impossible to have it 100% compatible with everything is near insulting.

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard