Print Thread
#426148 14/11/10 12:17 AM
D
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
Hello everyone!

I've been banging my head against my desk trying to figure out where the heck all of the pieces of the Archmage set in Stone's Flying Fortress are.

Every guide and map I've seen for Ego Draconis is completely wrong from what I can tell. Waypoints marked over giant chasms with nothing nearby, etc.

Am I doing something wrong, or is all of this different for Dragon Knight Saga?

I've found: Gauntlet, Ring, Bracelet, Earrings, & Hammer.
Can't find: Belt, Leggings, Necklace, Helmet, Cuirass

I've already defeated Stone and cleared out that arena area, so at this point I'm just wandering around as a dragon trying to find chests.

I've been in here for a while and cannot find any more. frown

I've thoroughly looted the Greenery, Inner Passage, and Headquarters, unless something was very, very hidden. So presumably the rest are just hidden around the main area.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. smile

Great game by the way (for any devs on the boards)! 22 hours played and barely feel like I've made a dent in this thing, a very worthy purchase!

Thanks!

veteran
veteran
Do you have the "Dragon Knight Saga" version of the game? If so, then things have changed, they've move about. They're not all in the flying fortresses anymore. The changes have gotten rid of almost all of the indistinguishable brown chests in flying fortresses, pretty much every chest is big, golden and surrounded by blue coloured lighting.

Belt -
Do the "seeds for the dragon statues" quest and mind-read the goblin Charlie. The belt is in his stash in the treehouse. The stash is hard to see against the wood.

Helmet -
I think this is a chest in one of the Broken Valley mini-boss areas, I think the one by Maxos' temple. Either that or the one by Broken Valley. It's not in the mine, though.

I don't remember where I got the leggings from, but I do remember that there's one piece in the
High Hall Mines - there's a chest beside some lava, and a key hanging in a cage. If you can get the key, there's a piece in there, but I think you did that already, because I think it was the gauntlets in there.

I'm also interested in finding out where the Cuirass and Necklace are, because I thought I had them, but I didn't. I hope I just forgot to pick them up somewhere, but I fear I accidentally sold them.

enthusiast
enthusiast
The flying fortresses where reworked in the remastered version, so maps/guides for the original will not help here (I do not have the Dragon Knight Saga).

Stabbey #426163 14/11/10 01:27 AM
D
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
Originally Posted by Stabbey
The belt is in his stash in the treehouse. The stash is hard to see against the wood.

The chest that's up there? I looted that, but I don't recall getting any pieces for this set in there... I hope I didn't accidentally miss it and junk it. frown

Gwenio #426164 14/11/10 01:27 AM
D
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
Originally Posted by Gwenio
The flying fortresses where reworked in the remastered version, so maps/guides for the original will not help here (I do not have the Dragon Knight Saga).

Well at least now I'll stop searching around that fortress area for all of these pieces.. Thanks. :P

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Damien Wind
The belt is in his stash in the treehouse. The stash is hard to see against the wood.

The chest that's up there? I looted that, but I don't recall getting any pieces for this set in there... I hope I didn't accidentally miss it and junk it. frown

No. Wrong chest.

Not the big chest, the very small square chest that only appears when you're on the quest for the dragon statue AND you mind-read Charlie the goblin. If you did that and didn't mind-read him, then yes, it's gone.

Stabbey #426261 14/11/10 11:26 AM
D
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
then yes, it's gone.[/spoiler]

Doh!

It's times like this that I wish this game had a console and an item.add command... I want set armor. frown

Oh well, thanks for the help!

P
apprentice
apprentice
P
Is the helmet near the temple BEFORE or AFTER you know what happens to the vally?
because if its before I managed to miss it and im sure I killed/did every quest/storage/killed every creature.

Playing DKS

Last edited by Phoynix; 15/11/10 07:46 AM.
Phoynix #426572 15/11/10 12:03 PM
veteran
veteran
After, you haven't lost it.

Stabbey #426812 16/11/10 09:13 AM
stranger
stranger
To be honest, the Dragon Wizard set available in Flames of Vengeance is a lot better. I wouldn't stress too much unless you just really want to get it for your OCD needs.

Dandai #426911 16/11/10 04:26 PM
P
apprentice
apprentice
P
the belt of the set gives +7% mana regen a second bonus with the complete set.

Needless to say spirit isnt needed as much, and more importantly you can ignore mana efficentcy and spend the skill points on other spells.

I dont know if the dragon wizard set gives a better mana regen or not as I havnt got it yet.

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard