Next Thread
Print Thread
#426796 16/11/10 08:27 AM
K
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
K
Can somebody please explain the mechanics of flying fortresses?

I am doing the first one, but I have read nothing about them on the games's story.

I entered, cleared everything on the ground, which was the hardest thing I've done in the game so far, and only after clearing it did I notice that I could turn into a dragon and that the zone consisted of several platforms.

So I cleared the antidragon towers of the platform I had already taken care of on foot. But I don't know why exactly. I mean, why clear the towers if I have to kill the npcs on foot.

What's the "meaning" of this zone, any boss on the center? Do I have to clear everything? I will anyway for the xp, but is there any mechanic involved in completing a fortress?

What about the anti dragon zone?

Thanks for the tips.

stranger
stranger
The specific fortress you're referring to is Stone's Flying Fortress. I don't know that the specific fortresses are referenced for their purpose, but there are a few quests that your platform operators send you to retrieve items from them. Also there are many powerful armor set pieces from the bosses of the flying fortresses.

If you're looking for story as to why they're there, well they're Damian's lieutenants and commanders. They're staging an attack on Rivellon. You want to stop said attack. That's about as deep as the plot goes =p

As you've discovered already, it is worth your time as there are a loooot of things to fight there.

Concerning the anti-dragon zone, you'll eventually discover teleporters that you can use in human form.

Last edited by Dandai; 16/11/10 09:06 AM.
K
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
K
I see thanks. And is there a final boss there? And maybe nice reward? When I thought the first platform was the entire fortress I was a bit dissapointed when I killesd the brain like looking commander and opened 2 chests, to find nothing. After all, it's harder than any main plot boss I've fought. The xp was well worth it anyway. I got almost 3 levels from clearing the first platform.

stranger
stranger
There are 5 (I think) flying fortresses, though Stone is one of the biggest. There are actually 4 bosses in Stone. 3 mini-bosses and Stone himself. Like I said, look for teleporters. You can even take off dragon form right on top top of the teleporters and go right into them without taking much damage.

Be warned though, if you do that you might have to go to your tower and use the shrine to get out, as you will be in the middle of a lot of angry Black Ring when you come back out of the teleporter and there won't be enough room to instantly change into your dragon form.

M
apprentice
apprentice
M
As far as rewards go, there are a few set pieces hidden in chests, however, the biggest rewards come from killing the actual commanders
if and only if you mindread them.

- Merdarion

Last edited by Merdarion; 16/11/10 01:47 PM.

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard