Next Thread
Print Thread
#427169 17/11/10 11:35 AM
K
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
K
Isn't it wrong that we have 2 resources called Malachite? The gem and the ore.

I knew malachite was very valuable, but when I saw I could ask my runners to bring me malachite, I used all the malachite(gems) I had on enchantments for bad items, since I thought I could just ask the runner to bring me malachite. And yesterday I found out there are 2 items called malachite and that now I've wasted all the malachite I had saved from the start smirk

kaltorak #427185 17/11/10 01:10 PM
veteran
veteran
No, there exist 2 kind of this:
Malachite Gem is more rare and expensive than Malachite Ore.

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
Joram #427219 17/11/10 02:57 PM
K
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
K
Yes, that's exactly what I mean. I think the items should not be called the same. Adding an "ore" to the end of malachite ore name would prevent a lot of confusion (and save a lot of missused malachite gems)

kaltorak #427259 17/11/10 05:39 PM
J
stranger
stranger
J
Oh snap. I didn't know that. Haha I was reading this guide that was like "save all the malachite, collect malachite, malachite is uber rare" and I was like wtf I have tons of it and my runners can get it.

I didn't realize there's a malachite gem AND a malachite ore. FML.

kaltorak #427321 17/11/10 10:10 PM
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by kaltorak
Yes, that's exactly what I mean. I think the items should not be called the same. Adding an "ore" to the end of malachite ore name would prevent a lot of confusion (and save a lot of missused malachite gems)

Thay were originally called Malachite Ore & malachite Gem I have no idea why thay changed it

joeyfromspace #427418 18/11/10 07:24 AM
K
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
K
Originally Posted by joeyfromspace
Oh snap. I didn't know that. Haha I was reading this guide that was like "save all the malachite, collect malachite, malachite is uber rare" and I was like wtf I have tons of it and my runners can get it.

I didn't realize there's a malachite gem AND a malachite ore. FML.

hehe exactly the same happened to me. But I found out the hard way, when I was trying to do another enchant like I had done several before and it said I lacked malachite. And I saw I had a lot on my inventory. After some research on past savegames I noticed the malachite gems, but in my current game I had already wasted them :P

Well, not that the game is too hard without uber enchants ^^

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard