Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
OP Offline
Once I have given her the ok Sassan runs over as you see in the picture below, the red rings start to spin but after 20-30second the whole xbox 360 hangs and I have to switch it off.

pic: http://i53.tinypic.com/21oolzc.jpg

I had the game installed on the HD, I deleted that and run it off the disc and the problem is the same.

When Sassan first ask me to summon the demon I said no as I wanted to look around and sort my self out. It was here I saved. Once I gave Sassan the ok as above it hangs. confused

Divinity II DKS PAL (UK region).

I have only been using the one save file and the whole game has been rock solid up until now.
I'm just installing it back onto the HD, my auto save which is just outside the door is an hour or so behind as I poped down here first snooping about.

I will try and get back to where I was and this time just go straight in with her to summon the demon and pray it works.

Last edited by Dungeon Master; 17/11/10 02:41 PM.

Divinity II: XBOX 360
Region: PAL (UK)
Display: 1080i HDMI PC
OP Offline
No go. Using the auto save and working back up to this point it hanged again at the same point.

I tried again without mind reading each of the Sassan's, without collecting anything, then picked the book up about the demon ect... Just hang's every time. Tested it again without being connected to xboxlive and it hung.

I have a 360 Slim 250G, HDMI PC, 1080i.

I can't go any further in the game now. frown

old hand
old hand
Dungeon Master - we'd very much like to look at your savegame as we haven't seen this before. The following might seem a bit impressive in terms of steps to take, but there's a chance that we can help you out and consequently others if you could provide us with a save-game. But before going through the entire list, is this your first or second playthrough ?

Here's how to get us a savegame:

1. you need a USB stick

2. You need to have the latest Xbox360 dashboard update

3. copy the profile and the save game to the USB stick

a. go to system setting
b. go to memory
c. select USB storage drive
d. select configure now
e. go to system setting
f. go to memory
g. Select all devices
h. Select gamer profiles
i. Select the game profile you use for Div2 DKS
j. Select move (WARNING Don't forget that you'll need to move it back afterwards!!!)
k. Select memory unit
l. Press back until you are at all devices screen again
m. Select games
n. Select Divinity II DKS
o. Select the save game that is problematic
p. Select copy
q. Select memory unit
r. Remove the USB stick

4. Install a 3rd party software: http://halo.gruntmods.com/Files/Xtaf_Release_Gui_.rar

5. . insert usb stick in pc
a. run program
b. select file
c. select open drive
d. in the file system view you should have a folder named Data Partition now.
e. open that and right click on the content folder and select extract.
f. save the content folder to your drive
g. rar/zip it and mail it to support@larian.com
6. Move back your profile from the USB stick afterwards to the Xbox360!!!
a. go to system setting
b. go to memory
c. select USB storage drive
d. Select gamer profiles
e. Select the game profile you use for Div2 DKS
f. Select move
g. Select hard drive

Thanks in advance

OP Offline
This is my first playthrough on DSK.

Just looking at your list, a bit over my head. I will see what I can do. Cheers.

OP Offline
Hope I have done the right thing and the files are on the way to you now.

I could not send it from my own internet provider email as the file size was just over 13MB - too big.
I used MSN to send the message in the end as it allowed for that size of file.

M
stranger
stranger
M
I am very annoyed as I have encountered the same problem.

I have exactly the same problem as the OTC. As Sassan tries to summon the demon the first words of the summoning comes up and then the game is stuck waiting for her to complete the summoning and eventually the game freezes and requires a reset of the console.

I have reloaded 3 times and every time it hangs I even loaded a couple of previous saves and worked again to this point but still the same problem. My character is level 21 and I really don't want to start over again.

I purchased the original Divinity II but struggled to play it due to the headache inducing poor framerate on the 360 however I enjoyed the game so bought the SDK version as hopefull everything was improved. So after £80 i still don't have a playable game.

I am playing the UK PAL Divinity II Dragon Knight Saga Xbox 360 version.
On a Halo LTD edition slim 250GB console the game is installed to the HD with over a 100 GB spare.

OP Offline
Hi matt,

It's a real shame to hear someone else with the same problem. I have stopped playing it because I had spent over 20 hours to get there. I was hoping it was just me and I could start over at a later date. frown

I copied my profile and save game to my son's 360 and it crashed again at the same spot.

No word yet but Larian Studios have a copy of my save game and I pray they can find a fix. I don't even want to start Flames of Veng until I have completed Ego Draconis side! frown

In the mean time I can only wait and pray this can be sorted some how as I love this game to death.

M
stranger
stranger
M
Hi Dungeon Master

Yeah i've tried everything that I can think of to try and get past the problem but alas no success.

Even if I started again there is no gaurantee that I wouldn't encounter the same glitch.

So like you I hope that they make a patch for the game soon. Otherwise i'm going to return it for a refund as it's not fit for purpose. I also bought it as a gift for a friend but will return that now.

Strangely enough I actually got past this point in the original release and encountered less problems with the game apart from the terrible frame rate of course.

I wonder if it is related to an achievement for summoning the demon as whenever I received previous achievements for this game there is a long pause in the game play.

It is such a shame as I was really enjoying the game and imo it was the best RPG on the 360.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Dungeon Master

No word yet but Larian Studios have a copy of my save game and I pray they can find a fix. I don't even want to start Flames of Veng until I have completed Ego Draconis side! frown

In the mean time I can only wait and pray this can be sorted some how as I love this game to death.

Hello,

Yes, we have received your save game. One of my colleagues is looking into the matter, hopefully we can offer a solution soon. Really sorry for the inconvenience.

Best,
Lynn

M
stranger
stranger
M
Hi Lynn

Thanks for your update I'll keep my fingers crossed that the possible eventual solution works for us both then.

Regards
Matt

Last edited by matt uk; 20/11/10 06:08 PM.
OP Offline
Thanks Lynn, best of luck!

Matt,

I too have the first Divinity II (2009) and got past this point, got the battle tower and dragon form stone ect...I was blown away!!
I never finished Divinity II (2009) tho because silly me started to play other new titles that came out in the new year like AvP.

If you still have Divinity II (2009) trying running it in the highest screen mode you can be it 1080i or 1080p - whatever you can push too. I found this would slow the game down enough which made it smoother to play and the animations were not so quick and flickery as they would be @ 720p. For me it slowed it down enough to make it very enjoyable and the game I knew it should of been @ at lower rez. I played it on Friday and it's still a fantastic game, some day I will beat the first release, just DKS has it all and more. wink

stranger
stranger
Hello, i'm french, playing the french version of the xbox 360 game (Divinity 2: The dragon knight saga), and have the exact same problem. The game gets stuck when Sassane tries to invoque the demon.

help please frown

Edit: I tryed to change some game options (difficulty, i put gama to 0% or 100%, unclicked target option..) and i even tryed to unistall the game from the HD to run it from the DVD only. Nothing helped..

Last edited by Lord Riton; 21/11/10 10:57 AM.
stranger
stranger
I found a way through it ! Affter i tell Sassane to go invoke the demon, i keep hiting the A button from the controler like a crazy et the same time keep move the stick in all directions, and it finnaly went through the invocation.

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Lord Riton
I found a way through it ! Affter i tell Sassane to go invoke the demon, i keep hiting the A button from the controler like a crazy et the same time keep move the stick in all directions, and it finnaly went through the invocation.

This doesn't sound very plausible. However, having not played it since Buad's Storage's glitch, I'm far from Sassan, so I can't test this. I can only greet it with scepticism.

By the way: Hello!

Fiat justitia, ruat caelum.
stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Pirate with ADHD

This doesn't sound very plausible..

Well it worked for me. Probably just need to keep hiting the A button should work too, but cannot test it, i use only 4 saves and always save on the oldest save, so i don't have the save file from before the invoke anymore.

OP Offline
Cheers Lord Riton.

I just tried and it has locked up again.

I'll try some more, if I can get past this and save I'll be back in play.

M
stranger
stranger
M
Hammering the buttons? Well I just tried it a few times myself and it doesn't work, I didn't think it would either.

I have tried deleting the installation from the HD and playing from the disc.
Moving my saves between USB and HD.
Loading much earlier saves and playing up to that point again.
But all end up not working no matter what I do the game just hangs shortly after the summoning begins.

It's definetely a glitch and I expect more people will encounter it as time goes on and they reach that point in the game. The only way around it that I can see is if a patch is released.

What I can't understand is this was supposed to be all sorted with this new release but it is clear from these forums that there are still numerous bugs in the game.

Very frustrating.

stranger
stranger
It also seems to be apparent only on the 360 version. It's unfortunate, but inevitable. Bugs and glitches are common in games, and not all are found, but that said, this is pretty blatant. Surely when testing a game, it's done on all formats?

old hand
old hand
I can assure you that many people played through that point without any problems, so the frequency of it occuring seems to be low - If we would of had something like this pop up frequently, it would've been flagged as a blocking bug and we wouldn't have shipped with it. We've received some 360 savegames now from helpful forum members and are now looking into what might be causing the issue.

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Lar_q
I can assure you that many people played through that point without any problems, so the frequency of it occuring seems to be low - If we would of had something like this pop up frequently, it would've been flagged as a blocking bug and we wouldn't have shipped with it. We've received some 360 savegames now from helpful forum members and are now looking into what might be causing the issue.

Do you guys work Sundays then?

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard