Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 41 of 156 1 2 39 40 41 42 43 155 156
apprentice
apprentice
Now I found this new dialogue lines myself... Damn, it's really feels like spit in the face. After this I pretty sure they don't wanna give her good ending at all... Don't know why they stay in this position, but that's not cool, really.
Edit:
I mean now it's not only more bad but more illogical. In 1 act Dammon told her that he tries to find a way how to fix her engine, and she seems happy about it, she seems like someone that has a hope and even trying to forget about bad things in the past and looks for the future. But in new dialogue she sounds radically opposite - she says that her engine probably can't be fixed, and get depressed. And this dialogue (at least for me) was triggered in githyanki creche, before act 2 Dammon fix. So she even doesn't know that Dammon hasn't found a solution, she only knows that her engine was already Improve 1 time and Dammon trying find how to fix it, that's all. And with this knowledge in new dialogue line she said that it probably unfixed, after all happily: "I have hope and a forget the bad things in past" lines before... that new line appears just from nowhere.
Now Karlach seems like persone that unstable staggers between positiv and depressing emotional conditions without a reason.
(Sorry, this text was hard to write).

Last edited by Raidzu; 13/09/23 01:09 PM.

Justice for Karlach!
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Feris
The issue is we don't have any reason to believe that, especially after patch 2. They promised "ending she deserves" and it was slave returning to the place she was abused in, if you think that's what she deserves then you have serious issues. On top of that, they added new voice lines where she basically gives up on life starting in act 2 of all places! And we can't even try anything in act 3. They promised us something that wasn't close to truth and doubled down on their dumb tragedy writing. The article you posted is old, either before patch 2 or while after it, this doesn't change, promise, show or tell anything

Ugh. I thought it was new stuff.

If Larian decides to die on that hill in regards to Karlach, it’s gonna be a huge disappointment. Feels like hubris, doubling down on their poor choice out of spite. Hope it’s not the case… but as others said, their actions of putting more depressing lines for Karlach feels like Larian telling us to shut up and swallow it.

Rawr.
N
journeyman
journeyman
N
I don't think we should jump to conclusions on whether or not Larian has settled on Karlach's ending being tragic or doubling down on what they have already. The article that was posted is only 5 days old, and mentions Karlach's new epilogue scene explicitly so this is obviously after Patch 2. Swen in the interview says that they're working on a new optional ending along with epilogues for the other characters, he can't simply be referring to the "new" optional ending that we just got since that had already been released AND the community expressed its displeasure about it.

Larian doesn't usually publicize what they're working on and is pretty cagey about what they're adding to the game, so the fact that Swen is hinting at a new ending at all is pretty big for a company that doesn't post what's in a patch until 2 days before it drops. Larian prides itself on listening to feedback, so doubling down on one of their most requested features to be changed would be an illogical move, especially when the in story rationale for it is so shaky. These things take time, and they have a lot on their plate right now. We can express our displeasure at what we have, but let's not get all doom and gloom until we see what else they release.

R
Rae Offline
R
Exactly. Also we have only one month after release, so I think they will not announce any info about DE for some time. Because if they do this will literally mean "we released unfinished game, so now we will update it and release version 1.0 again and called it Definitive Edition". About Karlach specially, according me this is not like "fanservice" it terms fans want Karlach blue, so we will make her blue, but finish their work on her story which was not completed during the actual release. Karlach has the biggest thread here, I don't believe, that someone responsible didn't read it and didn't see the issues everyone have with Karlach's story and missing content which leads to incomplete endings.

Last edited by Rae; 13/09/23 02:01 PM.
F
Banned
Banned
F
Which is exactly why I call them out on their bullshit, especially with everything we are not allowed to use in act 3

stranger
stranger
I get it that is only 1 month after the release but their silence when addressing the rage the fans are feeling with their decisions is maddening. When they released that tweet saying she was getting the ending she deserved I felt happier as hell and them imagine my surprise in discovering that "the ending she deserves" is discovering there is no fixing for her heart and going back to the place she was imprisoned. And don't come with the same story that many others are coming with of "But at least now she is with Tav in there" she is still going back to literal hell knowing she most probably will live the rest of her days there. I would have been happy if Larian had just let a single clue that there is a fix for her but them not put it into the game, because at least this way we would have know that something was going to get fixed. But all we got was them spitting on our face with that "the ending she deserves", honestly whoever wrote that tweet has to get punished for false advertising, unless that is the true position of Larian and they don't care about Karlach at all.

S
journeyman
journeyman
S
I wouldn't read too much into her new dialog. I got it in Act 2 and very early in Act 3.

That's not a lot to draw a conclusion from.

F
Banned
Banned
F
Article may be 5 days old, but there is only one interview it can relate to and that's the interview where Sven talks about patch 2. The fact remains that the "new optional ending" they talked about is just expansion of the already existing one. The other fact remains they added new lines in patch 2 that make the situation more hopeless that it was before and more hopeless that it should ever be. Will they change that? Maybe. Do they work on actual new endings "she deserves"? Also maybe. But the fact remains we have absolute no reason to believe that and I don't plan on stopping calling them out on their bullshit until I actually get something

S
journeyman
journeyman
S
They probably just added the dialog because it was a quick addition that added more flavor.

If they started removing things like the Enhanced Iron or dialog that hints at a cure then I would start worrying.

Last edited by Sunriders Destin; 13/09/23 02:41 PM.
apprentice
apprentice
My conclusion from this new lines: Karlach now have a big emotion stability problem. Maybe even some kind of issue. I feel for her even more compassion, and Avernus ending seems more cruel now, after this new lines. Like... if her emotional and psychological state that bad, how much worse it will be after her returning?

Justice for Karlach!
N
journeyman
journeyman
N
I feel like you didn't actually read the article. It talks about talking to him at PAX west and is by a different interviewer (the original interview was by IGN). It also poses different questions than the IGN interview and the DND youtube did.

S
journeyman
journeyman
S
Originally Posted by Raidzu
My conclusion from this new lines: Karlach now have a big emotion stability problem. Maybe even some kind of issue. I feel for her even more compassion, and Avernus ending seems more cruel now, after this new lines. Like... if her emotional and psychological state that bad, how much worse it will be after her returning?
What exactly is the new dialog that you're worried about?

I just got recycled dialog from other conversations

Last edited by Sunriders Destin; 13/09/23 02:56 PM.
F
Banned
Banned
F
Yeah, exactly. They did literally nothing to fix act 3, but went out of their way to make the situation miserable from act 2 for no apparent reason other than to somehow justify the "new ending" that was already there but was bugged. The ending that was bullshit from the very begining, yet they seem to double down on it

apprentice
apprentice
When she, after we go to Githyanki Creche but don't move to act 2 (at least it when I'm getting this dialogue), suddenly going into depression and start saying that her engine condition becomes even worse and probably can't be fixed at all.
A couple of minutes ago, she said how she loves life, how her bad live now in the past, and be happy because Dammon fix her engine at least a little and promise to find a solution. But now suddenly she becomes depressed and lost all hope. That's emotional instability.
Like she even doesn't know found Dammon solution or no, we even don`t met his second time. But she already sure that engine can't be fixed, even not long ago she had the opposite opinion.

Last edited by Raidzu; 13/09/23 03:03 PM.

Justice for Karlach!
N
journeyman
journeyman
N
To be fair, this doesn't actually tell us anything. Of course she's emotionally unstable, she's been in hell for ten years, I'd be surprised if she wasn't a little unstable. Also we have no proof that this means that they're "doubling down", that dialogue could have been added for any number of reasons. Maybe it was added to reflect her anxiety about her condition, maybe it was added to give the player a sense of stakes regarding her life and death situation, maybe it was added to make Dammon's statement in the next act have context. None of this somehow excludes the idea that her engine can be fixed, just that she is cognizant of the desperation of her situation.

I
apprentice
apprentice
I
I haven't seen any new dialogue other than maybe this, "My engine is getting really hot" something along those lines with some extra wording.

It was a random interaction during Act 2 I believe maybe even 3?

What lines are people referring to exactly? Does anyone have the actual lines?

S
journeyman
journeyman
S
Karlach suffers from a lack of content in general. Again, you might be reading too much into it.

Larian would have to ignore an ENORMOUS amount of lore and current items and people in the game to double down.

S
apprentice
apprentice
S
Originally Posted by Sunriders Destin
Karlach suffers from a lack of content in general. Again, you might be reading too much into it.

Larian would have to ignore an ENORMOUS amount of lore and current items and people in the game to double down.

But to what purpose do they need to ignore the numerous hints of a good ending for Karlach in Act 3? Do they hate her and want her to die or go back to hell? Which she just emerged from being emotionally unstable?

S
journeyman
journeyman
S
Originally Posted by Sad_Pepe1992
Originally Posted by Sunriders Destin

But to what purpose do they need to ignore the numerous hints of a good ending for Karlach in Act 3? Do they hate her and want her to die or go back to hell? Which she just emerged from being emotionally unstable?

Because changing her ending takes time.

It's not just add one quest. You have to add it in the right place to make sure her emotional beats still hit. You also have to completely change her epilogues which can cause issues with other epilogues firing.

F
Banned
Banned
F
Care to provide source of an actual interview? Because unless I listened to some other Pax interview, there is no mention of a new ending being produced, so I smell bullshit

Page 41 of 156 1 2 39 40 41 42 43 155 156

Link Copied to Clipboard