Next Thread
Print Thread
#428203 20/11/10 08:38 PM
C
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
C
Caught on a bit of a snag, something just doesn't add up at the moment. I've found that the enemies in the flying forstresses are definatly very strong compared to most any enemy in the game. Thankfully with a little help from my creature I've been able to handle them but it has made my melee useless as the enemies hit for way too much to ever get in close unless it's only a couple enemies left, 2 or 3 arrows and my health is way down. Now I've came upon Raze, I am currently level 32, I have 30% melee resistance, 39% ranged resistence and 38% magic resistance, I have 562 health, yet Raze launches a magic blast at the start of battle before I can even act that KO's me. Over 562 points of damage on one attack and thanks to the slight delay before character control comes in after conversation ends Raze always gets the first attack. I haven't met an enemy that could hit that hard since Maxos temple boss, in that case I was able to level up 2 or 3 levels, find a little more increased damage and since you start way far from the boss I could take a potion before going in for a quick kill before he could hit too hard. That isn't possible here, I just find it quite strange that he can damage that much on normal difficulty, is this even beatable on hard?

cyruscloud #428226 20/11/10 10:07 PM
M
stranger
stranger
M
heh until now (only up to battle tower) i've got opposite immersion - game is way to easy compared to EG. Leveling is faster, less mobs i broken valley, on x360, difficulty on hard mobs of equal level are just easy, some jumps and rolls and you can easily jump in to group of 3 equal mobs.
On PC in original EG i was dying many, many times. Some bosses tens of times. Now in DKS i died maybe 2 times. On lvl 12 i was able to kill 2 goblins lvl 18 in orobas - unthinkable in Ego Dragonis.

cyruscloud #428310 21/11/10 11:18 AM
M
addict
addict
M
Originally Posted by cyruscloud
Now I've came upon Raze, I am currently level 32, I have 30% melee resistance, 39% ranged resistence and 38% magic resistance, I have 562 health, yet Raze launches a magic blast at the start of battle before I can even act that KO's me.

For a lvl32 Warrior, those numbers seem quite low to me (I was closer to 50% resistance, and 700HP at that time).

mikmac #428338 21/11/10 02:49 PM
apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by mikmac
heh until now (only up to battle tower) i've got opposite immersion - game is way to easy compared to EG. Leveling is faster, less mobs i broken valley, on x360, difficulty on hard mobs of equal level are just easy, some jumps and rolls and you can easily jump in to group of 3 equal mobs.
On PC in original EG i was dying many, many times. Some bosses tens of times. Now in DKS i died maybe 2 times. On lvl 12 i was able to kill 2 goblins lvl 18 in orobas - unthinkable in Ego Dragonis.

Isn't it easy because you already knew how to play thanks to having played EG?

Ipsa scientia potestas est.
cyruscloud #429246 27/11/10 09:58 AM
M
apprentice
apprentice
M
Originally Posted by cyruscloud

Now I've came upon Raze, I am currently level 32, I have 30% melee resistance, 39% ranged resistence and 38% magic resistance, I have 562 health, yet Raze launches a magic blast at the start of battle before I can even act that KO's me. Over 562 points of damage on one attack and thanks to the slight delay before character control comes in after conversation ends Raze always gets the first attack. I haven't met an enemy that could hit that hard since Maxos temple boss, in that case I was able to level up 2 or 3 levels, find a little more increased damage and since you start way far from the boss I could take a potion before going in for a quick kill before he could hit too hard. That isn't possible here, I just find it quite strange that he can damage that much on normal difficulty, is this even beatable on hard?

I think this might be a bug, but not occuring regularly. I just finished the third walkthrough and during the last one (dual wield) I experienced the same as you did.

Playing on "hard" my resistances were at 40 - 50 % and life points at 650. The important magic resistance - in this case - was around 40 %. Later I tried it magic resistance at around 50 %, but the result was the same - one magic blast and I was down.

First playing a melee (waepon+shield) and a ranger there wasn't a prob at all.

Along with the announced patch for DKS and FOV by lar_q there actually something seems to be wrong. Quote: Solves the raze/invisible npcs bug. Look at

announcement

So, don't doubt your abillities. smile

milorien

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard