Print Thread
#428320 21/11/10 12:56 PM
J
jhan1 Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
J
I killed everything I could in dragon form when I got to the stone fortress including some specifically named flying guys(can't remember the names). I then killed everything in human form. When I entered the arena with Xanlosch his dialogue says something about his flying buddies taking care of me but nothing happens. Now I can't interact with him or his pet. I tried going back later but still nothing. Any ideas?

jhan1 #428632 22/11/10 10:00 PM
If I remember well Xanlosch is the necromancer with Isabelle.

He talks about Isabelle and tells you to not transform to Dragon form as his defense will instantly kill you.
After this dialog he starts attacking you.
Maybe you have a bug there.

I do not remember him having talked about a flying budy.

Imarion

Imarion #428663 23/11/10 03:12 AM
J
jhan1 Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
J
I checked the dialogue section and the last words with him were:

Me: Stop whining and fight me!

Xanlosch: My winged pets shall do that for me!
Come forth, Lord Wahat! To my aid, Admiral Merihim!

I think it is a scripting problem because I already killed these guys in dragon form before I even talked to Xanlosch. No biggie... I'll just remember to do a save before the encounter on another playthru.

I'm sure the patch will address some of these problems. Anyway this game is the best rpg I've played in a while. Great work Larian!!!!!

jhan1 #428696 23/11/10 10:30 AM
A
ALF Offline
journeyman
journeyman
A
Send a savegame to support@larian.com . You shouldn't be able to kill those guys before that scene.

ALF #428770 23/11/10 04:29 PM
J
jhan1 Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
J
Its really no big deal for me, I just wanted to mention it for a possible patch fix. I don't want to waste your time by having you fix my personal game when I will be playing thru multiple times anyways. If however you would like a savegame file to help with the upcoming patch that is another matter. Let me know, Its a Great game!

jhan1 #434092 04/01/11 04:18 AM
stranger
stranger
I encountered the same bug TODAY, playing DKS -- for some reason that conversation started while I was flying (in dragon form) over the courtyard where Xanlosch was standing. I killed both his flying "buddies" plus everyone else then finally entered that courtyard on foot. He repeated his lines and that was it -- no further interaction.

Ellorien #434102 04/01/11 07:52 AM
A
ALF Offline
journeyman
journeyman
A
This bug has been fixed and will be included in a future patch. This bug occurs when you destroy his generator before having the initial conversation with him.

Send your savegame to support@larian.com and I'll see if I can fix this for you. At the very least I can enable your dragonstone again (since it's disabled for the Xanlosch fight).

ALF #440439 11/03/11 06:32 AM
A
stranger
stranger
A
How is it fixed? i have the same problem, on DKS there is only 1 anti dragon barrier and even if you walk to Xanlosch, once you are close to the generator he bugs. Please dont say it is fixed when it is not.
Get serious already.

Apoc #440441 11/03/11 06:45 AM
Support
Support

You need to send in your saved game, so Larian can reset the problem NPC locations or status and send the fixed save file back.

Did you install the DKS patch?

Raze #447220 16/07/11 06:40 AM
stranger
stranger
Ok, so I'm playing the 360 version, and I got the same problem... It's not fixed, and I can't exactly "send in my saved game". What am I supposed to do? -_-'' I don't understand why they make him stop attacking you in the first place, since you kind of need to be in dragon form to beat those flying baddies anyways, he can't really do too much. It's silly that they become allies (green symbols on the minimap).

Support
Support

There has not been a patch released yet for the North American Xbox version (not sure about other regions).

If you don't destroy the generator until after the fight, Xanlosch never summons the flying demons. If you destroy the generator after talking to him, the summoning works properly. The game doesn't expect you to destroy the generator before getting the first cutscene, so that is what causes the problem.

If you don't have an earlier save to revert back to (perhaps the last auto-save), or if that was too long ago, see Lar's post here on how to send them an Xbox save.

Raze #447457 23/07/11 01:30 PM
P
stranger
stranger
P
I am playing the PC version of the game on Steam and am having the exact same problem. I really want to complete the ulthring set and need these gauntlets...

edit: The first dialogue occurred while I was on the other side of the map, I killed his flying pets and took out the generators. The second dialogue occurred when I came out of the portal in front of him, I told him to fight me and he said I had to fight his pets first. The camera zoomed to an empty section of sky and now he just stands there...

edit 2: I know this is the wrong thread but another bug I am having is that in the Thorn in the Side quest I freed Saul and after he teleported to the destination I chose he is nowhere to be found...

Last edited by panzerkampf; 23/07/11 01:37 PM.
Support
Support

If you don't have a save before triggering the summoning (or if that is too far back to want to revert to), you will need to send your save to support@larian.com, with a description of the problem (DKS support page).
Unfortunately they are on vacation next week, so there will be a delay until they can fix your save.

You can not find Saul again after freeing him. I don't know where he goes, but he doesn't stay in High Hall. The only way to successfully complete the Thorn in the Side quest and get a quest reward is to kill Saul.

In XP the saves are in the folder

C:\Documents and Settings\ %username% \Local Settings\Application Data\Divinity 2\Savegames

or in Vista / Win 7

C:\Users\ %username% \AppData\Local\Divinity 2\Savegames

You may need to set Windows Explorer to show hidden files and folders (XP, Vista, Win 7).

Raze #527885 26/07/14 06:40 AM
D
journeyman
journeyman
D
Originally Posted by Raze

If you don't have a save before triggering the summoning (or if that is too far back to want to revert to), you will need to send your save to support@larian.com, with a description of the problem (DKS support page).
Unfortunately they are on vacation next week, so there will be a delay until they can fix your save.

You can not find Saul again after freeing him. I don't know where he goes, but he doesn't stay in High Hall. The only way to successfully complete the Thorn in the Side quest and get a quest reward is to kill Saul.

In XP the saves are in the folder

C:\Documents and Settings\ %username% \Local Settings\Application Data\Divinity 2\Savegames

or in Vista / Win 7

C:\Users\ %username% \AppData\Local\Divinity 2\Savegames

You may need to set Windows Explorer to show hidden files and folders (XP, Vista, Win 7).

I accept quest from Tilian (forget the quest name) to kill Saul but I choose to free Saul because I learn that Tilian have desire to take control the leader with slander Saul

I played on PC, after free him, I can meet Saul in his house at High Hall, but still when you talk with him you can choose for leave him or kill him, he thank me for free him and he said he will stay in his house + always said "home sweet home"

yeah I remember I get this Xanlosch bug, I kill everything on the way at sentinel island with dragon form + human form then start to land in inner passage (northwest portal on sentinel map), inside I open 2 chest, one wooden chest one another is trap but still can have it but you must quickly jump for dodge fireball trap cause 2 times you get hit by that fireball you will die (my HP is 860)

after that go to the portal, when get cut scene frist meet with Xanlosch, his body appearance looks floating in the sky, he is not stand up in land) introducing his pet Isabela + end conversation should fight with his pet but it's missing I can't see his pet and I destroy the generator, cut scene again he summon two fly army(I forget the name) but after beat them there is no more continuation

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard