Next Thread
Print Thread
#428418 21/11/10 07:13 PM
P
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
P
Does + to Magic Damage on a weapon effect your spell damage?

The subject is slightly confusing to me. When I first started, I ran into a sword that gave +30 to Magic Damage. With it, my Magic Blast damage went from 20s to 50s. Then, I got a second +Magic Damage sword, and dual wielded them. Yet, I never noticed a second increase to Magic Blast.

Does it effect my actual spell damage, is it only working on one weapon, or what?

apprentice
apprentice
well ur offhand weapon gets an increase off damage with the Dual Wield Spec Passive skill atleast that's what I think smile

P
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
P
Yeah but that doesn't effect my spells, just my weapons.

When I equipped a main-hand weapon with +Magic Damage, it seemed to have effected my Magic Blast, but perhaps it was a boost from something else instead.

apprentice
apprentice
Nah the magic damage on a weapon definetly counts towards your magic skills smile Though when you're gonna dualwield it's handy to take Dual Wield Spec Passive Skill, which increases the damage for the offhand or both hands smile and otherwise it's a bug of the calculation of dualwielding with magic.

L
stranger
stranger
L
Originally Posted by TSV-StriFe
Nah the magic damage on a weapon definetly counts towards your magic skills smile

are you sure? I have something like 700 magic dmg on my weapon (intellect + base + weapon + 100 enchantment) does this mean my lvl 1 fireball will do 700dmg + spell dmg? my fire wall 700dmg + 100dmg etc.? I have to check this, if this is true, there is no need to use anything except magic missile laugh

apprentice
apprentice
Well it's as far as I see not a 100% damage count, but it definetly increases your magic damage of your magic skills. Try to see the difference with a Melee Damage only weapon and a weapon with magic damage. Then u can see it for yourself, but keep in mind, that it has a gap ofcourse smile it's never a fixated number. f.e. a warhammer can have 50-64 magic damage, so it can differ.

Last edited by TSV-StriFe; 23/11/10 12:06 PM.
L
stranger
stranger
L
I will easily see if it works since, like I said, i have over 500 m. dmg. I have an item that gives me fireball spell so I will try it with/without m. dmg weapon and report back. smile

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard