Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I'm playing on medium and only had to do it twice. One in the Aleroth Monistary(or something) to close the portals. And when trying to defeat raze (stupid healing machines).

D
apprentice
apprentice
D
I had no problem whatsoever with the ministry (pet with level 10 fireball helps a *lot*), but Raze is one-shotting me before I can even get out of his way. So, I am contemplating going "easy" just for him, as long as I can't fix it by working on my resists.

C
stranger
stranger
C
I did it for Raze myself as well but also found all the enemies in his fortress pretty tough at the time too but with some serious updrading in my workshop the other fortresses were very easy. Going up on all resist by 15% and adding 200HP tends to do that. Only other time I thought of doing it was the arena near the end of the game, one particular demon's second appearance had a fireball that could do 862 damage in one hit even on my upgraded character that was level 35 with 742HP and around 60 or above on all resist. Was wild, however as long as you somehow manage to not get hit by that first shot he throws you will likely take him out quick enough that he doesn't get a second chance, still amazing the sudden KOs you get in this game sometimes that just seem to come out of nowhere.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by cyruscloud
I did it for Raze myself as well but also found all the enemies in his fortress pretty tough at the time too but with some serious updrading in my workshop the other fortresses were very easy. Going up on all resist by 15% and adding 200HP tends to do that. Only other time I thought of doing it was the arena near the end of the game, one particular demon's second appearance had a fireball that could do 862 damage in one hit even on my upgraded character that was level 35 with 742HP and around 60 or above on all resist. Was wild, however as long as you somehow manage to not get hit by that first shot he throws you will likely take him out quick enough that he doesn't get a second chance, still amazing the sudden KOs you get in this game sometimes that just seem to come out of nowhere.

Speaking of the arena, somepeople find that if you use the Shield Charm quest item as the fight starts the bosses there do not one-shot you.

apprentice
apprentice
Played on easy both EG and FoV. smile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.
S
apprentice
apprentice
S
I always play on highest difficulty and ive lowered it once so far, not on an enemy but so i can get to a chest over lava in the temple of doom laugh But getting 1 hit by bosses sure makes it tempting to go lower the difficulty many times!

Can a mother forget the baby at her breast and have no compassion on the child she has borne? Though she may forget, I will not forget you. See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands... - Isaiah 49:15-16

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard