Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
MC1980 Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I just bought divinity 2 DKS from my local-ish gamestore. Installation went fine, at the launch of the game it asked for the serial. Type it in, no problem whatsoever.

Then I went to check if there are any patches. So I download the patch, install it then launch the game.

It asks for the serial again. Type it in, it doesn't accept it.
I double check for mistakes, but there are none. I tried to activate it manually and there it says that my serial is invalid.

I'm on win 7 64 bit.

I don't want to use iffy methods to get the game to work, so any help would be appriciated.

G
stranger
stranger
G
Same problem here. Contacted Securom support and they concluded that I must have installed a patch which is incompatible with my version of the game. I have an English DVD version so I downloaded the patch for the English DVD version. Which patch should I install now?

old hand
old hand
I'm unable to check it now, but all versions were tested with all patches, so I'm quite surprised by this. Could you run the support tool which is available on http://www.larian.com/dragonknightsaga_support.php and send a report to support@larian.com please ?

G
stranger
stranger
G
Should I run the support tool with the patched (and therefore not working) version? I uninstalled the game and reinstalled it so I can play with the unpatched version. It is worth noting that after reinstalling the game, I didn't have to register my serial again:)

veteran
veteran
If you back up your current Divinity2.exe (non-patched one) you can safely install the patch. After you done collecting data, just replace new Divinity2.exe with the backup'd one. Oh, and delete ..data/win32/packed/Patch.dv2. The patch will be "uninstalled".

MC1980 Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I've sent a prepatch and a postpatch report to support@larian.com

Hope it helps.;)

G
apprentice
apprentice
G
goddamnit,same problem here. my serial doesnt work anymore afther the patch,trying a re-instal now.

Edit: Larian,patch the freaking Securom out already,it is the worst protector ever,because it also blocks people who buyed the game legaly.

Edit 2: confirmation,it is the patch,because it works again afther re-installation at the first version (before patch.) somehow the patch wipes your serial and says its a wrong serial.

Edit 3: oooh shame on me,i installed the digital version,with the dvd version it works. >.< next time i should instal the right version of the patch for my game.

Last edited by GiantAXe; 12/12/10 06:19 PM.
G
stranger
stranger
G
Well, at least you found out your problem was. In my case though, I installed the DVD version of the patch and I have the DVD version of the game, so there is definitely something wrong with the patch.

MC1980 Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I also installed the DVD patch and I have the DVD version of the game.

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Kein
If you back up your current Divinity2.exe (non-patched one) you can safely install the patch. After you done collecting data, just replace new Divinity2.exe with the backup'd one. Oh, and delete ..data/win32/packed/Patch.dv2. The patch will be "uninstalled".

Does doing this affect any of the changes from the patch, including the new menu options?

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by MC1980
I've sent a prepatch and a postpatch report to support@larian.com

Hope it helps.;)

Received, thank you wink

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Ailurophile

Does doing this affect any of the changes from the patch, including the new menu options?

I don't understand the question.

old hand
old hand
Please make sure you're downloading and installing the correct patch.

Apparently, the game has been released in Hungary and none of the patches that are available online should be applied to it. We'll put the Hungarian patch online asap.

Tweeting @forktong
G
stranger
stranger
G
Thank you for your help. Indeed, I bought the game in Hungary but it seems to be a standard English DVD version. There is no indication at all that it would be a localized version of the game, that is why I thought I can apply the English patch. Looking forward to the Hungarian patch:)

old hand
old hand
Yes, I understand the confusion. I will make a note of it on the support page.

Tweeting @forktong
MC1980 Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Same here: Hungarian DVD (even though its in english) and english patch. Looking forward to the patch aswell.:)

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Ailurophile

I don't understand the question.

I did the .exe swap, as you suggested. It allowed me to play the patched version of the game without any graphic errors. However, I do not have the advanced video options, or the ability to change the setting to nightmare mode. So I was weary the .exe swap might affect in-game patch changes as well. After playing through most of Broken Valley though with it patched it seems the fixes are still working, and the .exe swap only affects the menu changes.

veteran
veteran
Perhaps, I'm not quite sure. At first, I thought that the previous exe (hotfix one) was compiled without Patch-files support, but now I wonder...

How can you tell if fixes are working?

G
stranger
stranger
G
Can you give us an estimated time when the Hungarian patch will be available?

MC1980 Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Well they have just released a beta version of patch 2 for FoV, so my guess is we'll have to wait until patch 2 is released for DNS.

Just my thought though, so I could be wrong.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard