Next Thread
Print Thread
R
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
Dear Swen and the Larian team,

You did the seemingly impossible in today's ever-capitalistic gaming industry - you created a sequel that took the story, rebuilt the gameplay, and made it just as good if not a better experience. I applaud you on doing it right.

I also remember posting back in the day when you released the first screen-shot from the alpha stages. As an industry veteran in the 3D arts, I commented that it looked like poop. I'd like to take that back - you turned the game into something really beautiful. Once again, I'd like to applaud you on doing it right.

And, with all things considered, you kept the dialogue styled with all the humor, wit, and depth. You hit oh so sought after "suspension of disbelief" on the head in all regards. If I could spend $60 on a game, Divinity 2 would be at the top of the list with all the other greats.

I'd like to congratulate you on doing it right. I look forward to your next release like a giddy little kid on Christmas Eve...

Best Regards and Happy Holidays,
Matt 'Retrotation' Olick

PS: kicking a bunny has never been so satisfying

enthusiast
enthusiast
I second that motion! I think, this is the best sequel I've ever played. Great job! Now, answer my screenshot question kiss

I'd like to close by quoting Bellegar's famous last rhyme:

"Cursed be the mother that bred thee!
The wench must have been a hell-spawned banshee!"
old hand
old hand
Thank you Matt - I think I actually remember the 'looks like poop' comment wink

@Shaver - the screenshot question has an answer now.

S
stranger
stranger
S
I find it amazing Larian was able to somehow preserve the tone of Divine Divinity in spite of the obvious leaps in Div II vs. technology and play-style. Divinity II is a much more structured game then Divinie Divinity, yet it doesn't seem bastardized or restricted in its current incarnation...

The games *feel* similar and I can't quite explain why, there is a very identifiable eccentricity that runs through the series from the visuals to the soundtrack to the flow of game-play.

Larian has a distinctive style, I'm psyched the studio hasn't evaporated.

I don't know what the devs have been up to in their home territories but over here in the U.S. it has been a long silent stretch since Beyond Divinity....

apprentice
apprentice
Amen opa

Last edited by MC VS ARBITER; 25/12/10 03:37 PM.

What is the value of life, without God, if no one created the value but mankind. Answer is no value...
Except from when playing D2:DKS!!!
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Lar_q
...@Shaver - the screenshot question has an answer now...
Yes Lar_q, my thanks to Ava. Very timely and a positive response! I'm thrilled hug

p.s. Did I mention I left RoM due to lack of player support and acknowledgment?

I'd like to close by quoting Bellegar's famous last rhyme:

"Cursed be the mother that bred thee!
The wench must have been a hell-spawned banshee!"
stranger
stranger
Just played trough the whole saga. It was brilliant and the number one RPG of like the past 5 years.
Didn't expect this kind of ending at Flames of Vengeance though. DKS is a small scarred pearl, but much deeper and worth so much more than the big shiny ones.

P.S: Dikke proficiat voor zo'n kleine studio en dan nog wel één van bij ons kleine Belgskes.

Last edited by Freakydemon; 25/12/10 11:00 PM.

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard