Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#441611 12/04/11 06:15 AM
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Hello. I was randomly surfing the XBL demo section when I saw this. I've been playing for about an hour now and so far it seems pretty golden, but one thing that is bugging me is the positioning of the HUD. It's rather large and situated very close to the middle of the screen. From the screen shots I've seen, which I assume to be from the full version, it look like the positioning remains the same in the full version. I would like to know if there are options to move the hud, fade the hud, or disable the hud in the full version, and if not, is there any chance we could see a patch to deal with this. As I said, I've only been playing an hour and the hud is already giving me a headache and obstructing my view.

Thanks.

Last edited by ToxicKookie; 12/04/11 06:15 AM.

Don't steal, the government hates competition.
ToxicKookie #441612 12/04/11 06:33 AM
addict
addict
I brought up that very fact in the demo thread and was slammed for being picky. I find the HUD to be useless aside from the mini map, making a suggestion to pac-man if you couldn't remember what action you placed at what button. There is no current option.

UNKNOWN: Friends help you move...True friends, help you move bodies...
E.A.P.: Blood was it's Avatar and it's seal.
E.A.P.: Stupidity is a talent for misconceptions.

SENIOR CINCO #441614 12/04/11 08:05 AM
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Really? What's the point in updating the graphics if you're going to hide it behind a hud. So far it's the only thing that's keeping me from ordering it this very minute on Amazon. With any luck a dev will see this and comment, because for me it's the difference between a purchase or a rental.

ToxicKookie #441617 12/04/11 08:45 AM
Support
Support

I don't have a widescreen TV, so the position of the HUD is fine for me. It is larger than it needs to be, IMO (and larger than it was in D2:ED). I do not find that it blocks the view, but I wouldn't mind the option to fade or shrink the hotkey sections, at least. Apparently some people in D2:ED confused the skill icons they had assigned, or couldn't tell when the graphic changed to indicate the cooldown time.

Welcome to the forum. wave

Raze #441624 12/04/11 09:40 AM
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I bought my HDTV back when I got my 360, so I've been widescreen for about 5 years now. Currently I have a 42" Sharp, so the hud seems REALLY big to me, but as I said, it's more the positioning than anything else. It'd be nice to be able to move it like you can in some fighting games, or set the opacity like you can in the Fallout games.

And thanks for the welcome.

ToxicKookie #442067 17/04/11 02:25 PM
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Bump in the hopes that a dev see this. I'd seriously like this to be in the next patch.

ToxicKookie #442565 22/04/11 07:58 PM
C
stranger
stranger
C
I would like the option to change the color of the exp bar since untill it hits the last 90% I cant tell where it is. In D2:ED the hud orb was dark enough at the edges that the white exp bar was easily visible, but the new bar isn't the right color to be seen.

charlest70 #442615 23/04/11 06:48 AM
addict
addict
Originally Posted by charlest70
I would like the option to change the color of the exp bar since untill it hits the last 90% I cant tell where it is. In D2:ED the hud orb was dark enough at the edges that the white exp bar was easily visible, but the new bar isn't the right color to be seen.

oh, so thats what that extra bar on the orb is. honestly did not know that

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard