Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Lancet Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
The Annihilator, Mining Guild, and Orobas sets, specifically.

Are you give these sets just on starting a new game of ED, or do you get them if you go straight to FoV as well?

EDIT: Also, are they present in the PC version of DKS, or in FoV when purchased separately?

Last edited by Lancet; 14/04/11 05:11 AM.
Support
Support

I wouldn't think level 15 sets would be much use to a level 35 character, so I'd guess you at least don't start with the same sets in FoV.

Lancet Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
Nope, indeed you don't, and how ironic, since you start with the same crappy light armor as in ED!

Support
Support

You do get gold to buy new equipment from the merchants, though (IIRC Lynn mentioned 45,000 gold).

Lancet Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
Yeah, it's 45000, I just found it funny that they don't even give you basic equipment to match your level. You could've easily been given a set of the Elite Guard armors (the basic, no-rarity version), and possibly a matching sword, bow, and mace. Just seems odd that you start with nothing but level 1 armor.

T
enthusiast
enthusiast
T
When I purchased the Steam version of DKS towards the end of last year, it said those sets were Steam exclusives. But I guess by your question they're using an unusual definition of 'exclusive'.

Lancet Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
Originally Posted by Trippy
When I purchased the Steam version of DKS towards the end of last year, it said those sets were Steam exclusives. But I guess by your question they're using an unusual definition of 'exclusive'.

Apparently. The Xbox 360 version automatically gives you all three from the get go, as long as you start a new ED game. Jumping right to FoV doesn't give them to you.

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Trippy

Exclusives have been time limited for years now. It's not uncommon for them to lose the exclusivity after a duration. Just something to keep in mind with future purchases.

SENIOR CINCO: I suffer from an acute boot fetish and am compelled to see my characters feet...lol...
T
enthusiast
enthusiast
T
Originally Posted by agustusx
Exclusives have been time limited for years now. It's not uncommon for them to lose the exclusivity after a duration. Just something to keep in mind with future purchases.

I'm not complaining wink - I never liked the idea of 'exclusives' anyway, and they've never influenced my purchases. I remember 'The Ballad of Gay Tony' expansion for GTA 4 was originally an XBox exclusive, but it came out on other platforms eventually...

veteran
veteran
Don't got said items.
(PC version DKS from a shop).

Then again; I dislike getting good stuff from the get-go so no loss.

It may still very well be a Steam-exclusive concerning the PC market.

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard