Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Lancet Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
Playing on a U.S. Xbox 360 version, and here are some issues. I have it installed to my HDD.

1: Massive load times when exiting into a populated area, especially Broken Valley Village. Entering a building takes ~8 seconds. Exiting can take 30+.

2: Sometimes, when saving over an existing file, the save freezes the system. It happens almost immediately, when it still says "Preparing save," so it doesn't corrupt or partially overwrite the file I'm saving over, but it's still a pain in the ass.

3: Martis (in the Bandit Camp) seems to randomly glitch out of existence. Into the Bandit's Den is incomplete, but I chose to mindread Martis in the jail and then see him escaping with the other bandits in the Secret Passage.

EDIT:
4: The item "Sausages" in the consumables part of your inventory is glitched. It says it is Food, but in the description, instead of saying "Food - Nourishes you" like other food and drinks so, it says "Empty enchantment slot."

Last edited by Lancet; 18/04/11 01:53 AM.
journeyman
journeyman
I have also noticed excessive loading times exiting buildings, to the point where i thought the game had frozen after 90 seconds+.(i also have the game installed to my HDD on the 360)

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men stand by and do nothing" - Edmund Burke
T
enthusiast
enthusiast
T
I think load times are just part of the game (there were similar issues with Oblivion and Fallout 3 which were based on the same 'Gamebryo' engine).

I'm running the PC version on a 6-disk RAID-0 partition (6* faster for reads & writes than a standard 7200 rpm disk) and I sill wait up to 5 seconds on transitions.

stranger
stranger
I too have encountered the extensive loading times when going from indoors to out. It usually takes about 45 seconds for the load to complete. Another glitch I've noticed was the one with certain NPC's disappearing completely (the two Black Ring vendors in the fortified fortress in the Orobas Fjords).

I know these problems were fixed in the EURO 360 version, so with luck, the US version will see a patch soon as well.

GREAT GAME!!! Talk about an overhaul! hehe

apprentice
apprentice
I've had the game crash when preparing to save, it's really scary stuff. I now save to an older save spot just in case it one day starts to write data and crash midway through.

In a game where you save a lot, crashing during that process is a killer. You save so you won't lose progress, but you end up losing it anyway.

Last edited by agustusx; 18/04/11 12:14 PM.

SENIOR CINCO: I suffer from an acute boot fetish and am compelled to see my characters feet...lol...
stranger
stranger
I've had the load time problem.

I've also encountered the sausage problem.

I've encountered a bug with the music guy in the Battle Tower where the music you selected refuses to play if you save then reload in the Battle Tower. Meaning if you are playing the happy tune and you save then reload and then ask him to play it again he says no problem but the music refuses to play.

I've encountered a problem in the log book where it's nearly impossible to get the cursor to move down or up when starting at the top or the bottom of the log book for quests.

veteran
veteran
My patched european Xbox version has also long loading times (installed it n HDD from the start on)
Plus "sausages I can't eat them confused .... so I sell them.

Once, after playing a longer time and my Xbox was going more "heated" ... my game freezes when I was using a waypoint scrine ... so far the only time my Xbox "crashed" ...

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
addict
addict
The ED version ran smooth for me the entire game, all 3 times of play. I know other people have had issues with lag and or crashes. I'm about half way through the OF and it lags a lot and crashes everywhere from just moving to loading. I have the newer 360 now and not just DKS, but all my game tend to lag more and crash.

UNKNOWN: Friends help you move...True friends, help you move bodies...
E.A.P.: Blood was it's Avatar and it's seal.
E.A.P.: Stupidity is a talent for misconceptions.

D
stranger
stranger
D
It's impossible for me to play more furter because the game allways freeze and crash(xbox keara fortress statue). when I open the game(DKS) + live the patch never show his face.

Support
Support

The North American version is already updated, so there is currently no patch.

I don't recall anyone else reporting a crash with Keara's statues... If you are playing off the DVD, you could try installing the game to your hard drive (if available).

Have you emailed support@larian.com, with a description of the problem?

addict
addict
This is an occasional problem I have been experiencing, and wanted to see if others were having something similar.

I have noticed the difficulty changing ingame. At times when when my character dies and I reload, the enemy is softer than before. Meaning, if set on nightmare and it takes 20-30 hits to kill an enemy, upon reload that same enemy dies in only 3-4 hits. This seems to affect all the enemies in the area as well and not just tied to that one in particular.

This has prompted me to adjust my settings to casual, save settings and return to gameplay. Then pausing and changing the settings back to nightmare. By doing this, it returned to nightmare but the healthbars of the enemies in the current area are all at 50%. As these enemies are cleared and I move into another area, (eg The Bandits in front of the Bandit Camp entrance to the Black Ring around the Quarry) the new enemies are at 100% health.

This happend once AFAIK in my first playthrough, but have noticed it to happen on several occasions in my current.

veteran
veteran
Do you mean you "see" the enemies "their HP bar is half filled" , just even before you start a fight or have ever met these enemies before ? confused

I play nightmare and all goes well so far (L19).

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
addict
addict
Both actually, and it eventually corrects itself after I have moved int other areas.

addict
addict
Another note on strange reloads:
If I call up my creature before a fight, and save. If I die, or just reload, he starts the new reloaded game with a 50% healthbar. This happens all the time with no fixes.

M
apprentice
apprentice
M
Senior Cinco I also have this problem. My thread:
http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=453822&gonew=1#UNREAD

What I have found is, once game is relaoded.. go straight to gameplay, move adjustable difficulty to "hard", then litterally move it straight back to "nightmare".. it will ask if you are sure. hit "yes" and the enemies are full HP and back to nightmare standard difficulty. Annoying, but works.

I dont know if people are also experiencing this as well...
Enemies keep walking away during battle.. my summoned creature does this also at times. Its annoying as my creature will leave the fight and just start walking towards me (im shooting arrows from a little distance away) and getting killed. Enemies also are making the "nightmare" setting a little dissapointing at times as when they are walking back they wont retaliate to me hitting them with everything I have got. frown

Support
Support

I only had enemies walk away if they hit the limit of the range from their initial location (which mostly happened when I was level 2 and needed to run away from level 4 opponents if support started arriving while I was attacking the closest of the group, or after I had defeated them but before I had time to heal). In those case, though, they were mostly invulnerable to attack until they got back to their regular spot (sometimes I could get a little damage in with my bow, but usually not).

My creature only walked back towards me if I moved too far away from it. Usually it wasn't that far, though, as I used a mage head (Magic Missiles) with my ranger. I tried a warrior head for awhile, and didn't notice it breaking off from the fight too much.

veteran
veteran
If I understand it correctly the US Xbox version of Divinity II DKS has more of this strange problem than the European version ?!?
But if somebody playing the European version and has also many times this problem, let us know wink

I only have those problems 'once in a while' and for sure not all the time !

M
apprentice
apprentice
M
Im from the UK, so European version here.

It happens a lot for me when I load after dying.. im going to find out if both loads cause the problem though
I die, the red screen comes up and it has "load last game"
Before I die, Press start, and load up from the menu.

veteran
veteran
I never load an auto save. I always load a save game I maked myself, also if I die or wish to reload a earlier save game !

I wish to put off ALL those places where the game do an auto save, because it's annoying me sometimes, especially in the Flying Fortresses ! frown

Can it be this problem is linked with "loading" an auto save ?

M
apprentice
apprentice
M
Sorry Joram, I couldnt remember what it actually said. Its 100% NOT the auto save. Sorry pal.
My auto save only saves every once in a blue moon. I think it only auto saves when the player doesnt save for so long. I save every 5 minutes in case it crash's (has crashed a few times, on save and loading screen but im not bothered.

So not an auto save.

If I die the game promts me to load a previous game
If I load without dying im loading from the menu that has inventory etc...

Its happening so much it may be both. I havent been back on to check which one does most.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard